Found Deceased UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thing is people do go missing everyday. grown adults i mean, not kids or vulnerable people

you see it on social media all the time. often theres no updates as to if they have been found etc. also i follow call sign fb page for veterans or armed forces......so many go missing for days/weeks on end, usually they are suicidal,so theres real concerns

so what is marking AK out as being so special here....nobody else here has police searches lasting days, drones,dogs and posters.

Well he left the Lamb, within minutes his phone ither ran out of power or was switched off. The two positive albeit not very comforting to those nearest and dearest are.

1. It was switched off or ran out of battery very shortly after he left the Lamb
2. He was seen alive via video after the phone ran out of battery or was switched off

Dont forget that the outside beer garden or back or smokers area of the Lamb can actually be entered via the top of Market Lane. It also has CCTV. as shown on Google Maps

Market Lane The Lamb

No other thoughts just pondering.

MingyMoo

just read this Our friend and player, Anthony Knott, didn't come home from his Xmas work's drinks. Last seen in the Lewes area, Sussex. Aged 33 wearing dark jeans and jacket. Last seen 10.30pm in The Lamb Of Lewes pub. VERY out of character and we are really worried. Please share! It says last seen in the Pub at 10.30 Orpington Atheltic so what is this saying last sight of him was 7.41 i am confused now.

just read this Our friend and player, Anthony Knott, didn't come home from his Xmas work's drinks. Last seen in the Lewes area, Sussex. Aged 33 wearing dark jeans and jacket. Last seen 10.30pm in The Lamb Of Lewes pub. VERY out of character and we are really worried. Please share! It says last seen in the Pub at 10.30 Orpington Atheltic so what is this saying last sight of him was 7.41 i am confused now.

Where is that from please, could you link to an allowable source?

Where is that from please, could you link to an allowable source?

It's a tweet from AKs football club

Orpington Athletic FC
@OrpAFC
· Dec 21, 2019

MISSING

Our friend and player, Anthony Knott, didn't come home from his Xmas work's drinks. Last seen in the Lewes area, Sussex. Aged 33 wearing dark jeans and jacket. Last seen 10.30pm in The Lamb Of Lewes pub. VERY out of character and we are really worried. Please share!

the timing has been corrected in a later tweet

Orpington Athletic FC
@OrpAFC

·
Dec 23, 2019
Replying to
@OrpAFC
Last confirmed sighting at 7:16pm, Friday 20th December, on CCTV outside The Lamb of Lewes pub. Search party meeting at 9:30am this morning at Lewes Fire Station. Please continue to share and help in any way you can.

I don't think they need to do that, there is no connection between AK and Corrie :D
A few people on here have commented " It's starting to sound like the Corrie case" and they do have something in common- young men drinking in town disappeared without a trace, in an area monitored by numerous security cameras. Looking at bin collections in those streets would seem to be basic ? IMO. Strange things happen.

thing is people do go missing everyday. grown adults i mean, not kids or vulnerable people

you see it on social media all the time. often theres no updates as to if they have been found etc. also i follow call sign fb page for veterans or armed forces......so many go missing for days/weeks on end, usually they are suicidal,so theres real concerns

so what is marking AK out as being so special here....nobody else here has police searches lasting days, drones,dogs and posters.
We have a lot of people go missing here all the time (probably a couple a week), they always search the rivers, send out the helicopters and have foot patrols looking. Only 2 in the last 10 years not been found. They are usually found within 24 hours, the odd case lasts a few weeks and they are in our local press pretty much daily until found. On average one every couple of months in the river, although in April we had four in the month.

Hi geelynn! Welcome to WS!

The timings in the tweet you copied were later corrected, please see Alyce's post #588 above.

He’s almost certainly in water....somewhere and somehow that’s my take on what realistically happened here. He was intoxicated, been drinking since 12,30ish and looked unsteady on his feet. Maybe needed to pee or just took the wrong turn. The winding down from both the police and family is looking that way and they’re now just waiting for a body to surface. Imo, and going on everything we know, that’s the most plausible explanation .

I just wanted to say in response to some posters disbelief that the group were too drunk to really remember ak leaving or why he left.

Recently someone close to me went out drinking with a group of mates, they'd been drinking about 8 hours and were all very drunk, when one member of the group was randomly violently attacked on the way home. No one in the group could accurately describe what happened, they all seemed to have different recollections, or none at all, even in
the immediate aftermath, the police officer dealing with it said he couldn't get any sense out of anyone on the night, it took the officer gathering the CCTV footage to find out what happened, luckily it was all clearly caught on CCTV and the group were surprised to hear what had actually happened ( later on and when sober! ) as described by the officer, none of them can remember any of it properly now still!

My point is, I would expect ak and his colleagues to be very drunk by the time he left, indeed he looks to be visibly staggering in some of the CCTV footage, and I think it's definitely understandable that the group's recollection is hazy at best, unreliable even! I'm not surprised we have not heard much from them- in my personal example above the rest of the group were quite shocked and upset that this could happen to their friend in their company and all have felt guilty/responsible in some way. I would imagine Ak's colleagues must be feeling similarly, especially it being Christmas time and young children missing their dad, it must be very hard for them feeling in some way responsible that one of their group could be lost like this!

Sadly I think this case is actually quite straightforward. Regardless of why ak left the pub, I think he has had an accident somewhere due to just being very drunk, or potentially foul play from someone taking advantage of his vulnerable state, we always expect it more to happen to women but it happens to men too! I think it is highly unlikely he has decided to go off and start a new life in the middle of his works Xmas do! Not to mention not touching money in his account, using his phone and choosing to go from a fairly comfortable life to a very difficult uncomfortable life of sleeping rough/sofa surfing, trying to hide from family etc, it just doesn't make sense. In my opinion voluntary missing is the least likely option by far. Last point- when a similar case like this happened locally a couple years ago, it took the poor man's body six weeks to be found in the water, after last being seen heading the complete opposite direction to the water. Again it was a young male, very intoxicated, wandered off from group. It really does happen all too often.

A few people on here have commented " It's starting to sound like the Corrie case" and they do have something in common- young men drinking in town disappeared without a trace, in an area monitored by numerous security cameras. Looking at bin collections in those streets would seem to be basic ? IMO. Strange things happen.

You’re right on two points....young men drinking in town and disappearing. The drinking and going awol is not uncommon. Alcohol is a very powerful substance, people behave irrationally and take risks they wouldn’t normally when sober. The likelihood is Corrie ended up sleeping in the bin...he’d done this on other occasions and the binmen simply took him away...Anthony, fogged down with alcohol ended up near water....Excessive alcohol is the only common denominator here...

Gritty northern soap opera, short for Coronation Street. By a strange coincidence Anthony was last seen near The Crown Inn.

oh so it didn't have to do with the guy who went to sleep in a dumpster? (I'm assuming bin = dumpster)
I take it the Crown Inn is on Coronation Street? is that where they film?
yes I know I'm the only person alive who's never seen the show but I live in Canada so that's my excuse

oh so it didn't have to do with the guy who went to sleep in a dumpster? (I'm assuming bin = dumpster)
I take it the Crown Inn is on Coronation Street? is that where they film?
yes I know I'm the only person alive who's never seen the show but I live in Canada so that's my excuse

The Corrie I referenced is indeed the guy who vanished in Suffolk, thought to have climbed into a bin/dumpster and gone to landfill when the bin was emptied. A £1m search of the landfill failed to find him though. People are drawing comparisons because Corrie just disappeared from a busy town centre after a boozy do, just like Anthony has. It has been a big case in the UK (at least on here!) for years.

The other Corrie, the TV program, has nothing to do with either. Probably jokes that don't travel too well, sorry about that!

Hope that clears everything up!! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back