UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed up to say, I live in Lewes. I personally think it very unlikely that he could accidentally fall into water. The floodwater was not suddenly deep and the river is not very accessible unless you go out onto the muddy footpaths which I can't see him doing accidentally. Poor chap. My personal opinion is he was depressed.
The only places he could of gone in by accident is along the path towards Tesco and argos car park really.

I was at a wedding in Lewes in the summer - I parked in Paddock Terrace on Paddock Road, close to the Elephant pub and extremely steep (downhill). Steep, slippy from rain streets. Lewes is an easy place to get lost in, especially when unfamiliar with the area, and when it is dark, let alone after an afternoon of drinking.

From the map I can't see that The Paddock has been checked yet, however, I feel that the latter Elephant CCTV may have show him walking away from that area. But if lost, he may have walked up Abinger Place, then down St John's Terrace back down towards Paddock Road (bypassing the Elephant's CCTV). Lots of trees/bushes around The Paddock/Baxter's Field seemingly not yet searched.

Just my thoughts. I can't stop thinking about this poor man and his loved ones.

I was at a wedding in Lewes in the summer - I parked in Paddock Terrace on Paddock Road, close to the Elephant pub and extremely steep (downhill). Steep, slippy from rain streets. Lewes is an easy place to get lost in, especially when unfamiliar with the area, and when it is dark, let alone after an afternoon of drinking.

From the map I can't see that The Paddock has been checked yet, however, I feel that the latter Elephant CCTV may have show him walking away from that area. But if lost, he may have walked up Abinger Place, then down St John's Terrace back down towards Paddock Road (bypassing the Elephant's CCTV). Lots of trees/bushes around The Paddock/Baxter's Field seemingly not yet searched.

I’d like to think he wasn’t in the water but if you were planning to disappear you wouldn’t do it on a night out and the only other alternative is he’s met his end another way by foul means or accident :(

81042600_10157583181675700_851305867172118528_n.jpg

This map shows the cctv timings and locations (click on it to enlarge). It's been posted on his fiancee's facebook and the Lewes Present facebook.

Note his phone went off 2 minutes after the 7:19 sighting.

He left THE LAMB OF LEWES PUB at 19.16. "His phone died/switched off at 19.21. Missing firefighter in new CCTV sighting on night of disappearance

The 18 minute gap between him going past the E&C pub and coming back past could mean he stood just out of sight of the camera for 18 minutes, or he walked 9 minutes away and 9 minutes back again. The question is, if he was aiming to go to the station, and he knew the station was only a 5 minute walk from the Lamb, would he have continued walking for 12 minutes in the wrong direction after leaving the pub?

He did not arrive in Lewes by train, he shared an Uber with his mates to get there. So he may have had no clue where the station was, or mental map, or how many minutes walk it was. Not using his phone after 7:21 makes me think he couldn't use it, but some people think they can see it in his left hand at the last sighting at 7:41. If the battery had died wouldn't he have put it in his pocket?

One more thing, if he was hoping to get a train and had never been to Lewes before, I think he would have checked the map (in which case why still get it wrong?) or asked someone in the pub how to get to the station. I don't think he would leave thinking I'll just wander for however long it takes until I find it. So perhaps he had other intentions, like he'd heard the trains were affected by flooding and had already decided to get home by some other means. If that is the case, what would his most logical route home be, ruling out calling an Uber because he clearly didn't do that?

I'm fairly convinced his walking route doesn't show an intention to go back to the Lamb, at least not at that point.

rsbm

Just in relation to the part bolded by me, he was seen in Market Street after the E&C.

I’d like to think he wasn’t in the water but if you were planning to disappear you wouldn’t do it on a night out and the only other alternative is he’s met his end another way by foul means or accident :(

Certainly wouldn't plan to disappear on a night out but with copious amounts of alcohol consumed, a known depressant, coupled with a loud group of overly happy or confident guys, may be enough to push someone with an already existing fragile mind to an irrational decision.

All speculation of course but as a man who has had my own battles of the mind and quite the introvert i know that i would probably either drink more to fit in or be overwhelmed and try to exit the situation.
JMO

The phone switched off /died 2 minutes after he walks past the zebra crossing at E &C. Even the lighter, zoomed in CCTV doesn’t play well in my phone- can anybody spot him holding/using his phone in that first sighting? I know when I use google maps to walk somewhere I have to look as well as listen as I often find myself accidentally heading in the wrong direction (never when I’m driving, but 99% time when I’m walking).

The phone switched off /died 2 minutes after he walks past the zebra crossing at E &C. Even the lighter, zoomed in CCTV doesn’t play well in my phone- can anybody spot him holding/using his phone in that first sighting? I know when I use google maps to walk somewhere I have to look as well as listen as I often find myself accidentally heading in the wrong direction (never when I’m driving, but 99% time when I’m walking).
No, I don't think he is holding his phone in the 7:19 footage, because he rubs his hands together.

Certainly wouldn't plan to disappear on a night out but with copious amounts of alcohol consumed, a known depressant, coupled with a loud group of overly happy or confident guys, may be enough to push someone with an already existing fragile mind to an irrational decision.

All speculation of course but as a man who has had my own battles of the mind and quite the introvert i know that i would probably either drink more to fit in or be overwhelmed and try to exit the situation.
JMO
Especially if he knew he had to be back by a deadline - 2am, and didn't think he was going to make it because of train cancellations, and just wanted to avoid a confrontation.

I just can't get over the word anxious. His best friend said in the interview he looked anxious. That's very particular. Could he have had some premonition that something was wrong, health wise for instance. What if he collapsed somewhere. Or something went wrong in his mind...him feeling more or less conscious that he was starting to "loose it". Maybe even hallucinating. Pure speculation of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper