UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t think the poor family are in a place to refuse any type of exposure to the story after 9 long days but maybe these charlatans could tell the police and SUSSAR of their visions and not us the public.

From minute one i think the majority of us have had that thought of 'the usual'.
This is feeling a little different to me at the moment but i'm not sure if that's somewhat wishful thinking for a better outcome or not.

I will say however that if this were a 33 year old woman that we were watching on these same CCTV clips i don't think i would be really entertaining the idea of a water based accident and my mind would probably be in a more suspicious place.

Exactly this! The only female I remember leaving a group of people in a pub and ending up in water was Ruth Maguire in March this year.

jesus! that psychic is surely not for real! now everyone will place themselves in danger to go and look down by the river.

wrong place wrong time.....indeed

Having watched the zoomed in cctv I do feel he was more drunk than I first thought..he seems to struggle to try and walk past the two people..seems to get closer to them than you might in a normal situation

I noticed quoted by press a few times he left the lamb pub after "speaking to one of his colleagues" I just get the feeling they know where he was going or at least why but it's not public

If it wasn't for the fact he actually walked past the next pub the group were going to I would absolutely think he had decided to go home (my husband has a few times left a group if drunk without saying if on a lads night out) and got lost.
Maybe he looked for a shop by the Elephant pub with a plan to meet them in there ...but after walking around decided to go home rather than go in the Elephant

Exactly this! The only female I remember leaving a group of people in a pub and ending up in water was Ruth Maguire in March this year.

Yes and in her case it was a huge loch with insufficient safety rails very close to the pub she had left I believe

Have a look at Sussex Search And Rescue. You need to read comments on a post. The local Lewes FB site is also v active.

So sorry cant link as would breach rules. Dont forget psychic talk is also not allowed here ;)
What time post? I am looking at their page now.

So it seems some of us are thinking the most likely scenario is that this fellow ended up in one of the bodies of water close by. If that is the case, he will emerge according to the timetable we know that takes temperature, current, and what not in to consideration. That is always a long and painful wait.

While the water scenario seems to be the most likely, I thought I'd ponder this from a different angle. A wild card speculation if you will.
Who would stand to benefit the most from his demise? Did he have any notable enemies? Was anyone particularly jealous of his seemingly happy life and impending nuptials? Did he have any serious debts and/or hobbies that created problems with his finances? Was his relationship with his ex and his children healthy?

Amateur opinion and speculation

Interesting; it’s good to consider other possibilities.
Is it a fact that he purposely turned the phone off or just a fact that the phone went off at that time??

Ooooh, good point.
I don’t really believe in coincidences.

I know we can’t do Facebook links but can anyone give an overview of what’s being said in the comments? (Or msg me directly). I’m not on Facebook so I can’t see the comments :(

I know we can’t do Facebook links but can anyone give an overview of what’s being said in the comments? (Or msg me directly). I’m not on Facebook so I can’t see the comments :(
The comments have been removed from both pages fortunately.

ETA - just to clarify it really wasnt anything of substance IMO. Some phony claiming he'd be found near water (fancy that) and they vaguely described some location detail which you or I could have picked up from photos.

Last edited:
The comments have been removed from both pages fortunately.

ETA - just to clarify it really wasnt anything of substance IMO. Some phony claiming he'd be found near water (fancy that) and they vaguely described some location detail which you or I could have picked up from photos.
Ah, rightio, thanks :)

Water eh.....? Fancy that :rolleyes:

I saw a comment made by his partner on fb where she said that apple cannot confirm if his phone was switched off or if the battery died. So we may unwittingly be putting too much emphasis on the phone going off.

Thanks this was the one I was waiting for.

A bit of back story would help this case somewhat, the public silence from his work mates is concerning, I’m not saying for one second that I think they have anything to do with his disappearance, far from it, however it reminds me of the case from carlingford were the girl went missing from a hen party, only 3 of those girls posted on fb about her being missing, the rest didn’t, turned out there had been a massive argument between the missing girl & the rest of the girls. If this was the case with Anthony, I can only assume that he wouldn’t be trying to get back to the pub, he would be trying to make his own way home, if this has been the case then it opens up lots more areas. At the moment everyone is focusing on how he would have potentially got into the water from where he was last seen, people are assuming he went out for cash, cigarettes etc but with his phone being switched off when it was, that seems very unlikely. Not unlike the Corrie mckeague case, the truth of how Corrie was (depressed, didn’t want to be a father - according to his own dad) would have helped people know his frame of mind at the time, instead the public were told he was in great form, turns out he had been signed off work medically for depression.
it’ll be interesting to see if we hear the full story of that night at some point, with the lack of bank account usage & phone usage I very much doubt Anthony is still alive unfortunately but the question is where? I’m sure the police know the full in’s & out’s of that night but when the public have been so useful in this particular case, it would be helpful for them to know that he was potentially trying to get home, not get back to the pub. I originally thought he had got drunk and gotten into difficulties in the river at first but since time has went on and with very little/none facts of what he actually left for I’m starting to believe otherwise, especially when his best friend who wasn’t there came forward, done and interview and said that after looking at CCTV he thought Anthony looked anxious, his best friend may not be able to say a whole lot publicly but perhaps he was planting that seed of a falling out between workmates. That’s just my opinion on it all.

I really hope Anthony is found soon, his poor fiancé and children must be in absolute bits.

Signed up to say, I live in Lewes. I personally think it very unlikely that he could accidentally fall into water. The floodwater was not suddenly deep and the river is not very accessible unless you go out onto the muddy footpaths which I can't see him doing accidentally. Poor chap. My personal opinion is he was depressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shipslady