UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how we feel about absolute conjecture here but I'll mention it anyway. The John Harvey tavern backs onto Argos car park there's an waist high concrete wall there following the river ooze people often sit and drink on there. If I were to accidentally die at a pub that's where it would be probably. The river has been unusually high recently with the heavy rain fall.

bbm

And where is this tavern in relation to his last seen location at corner of Market St? (7.41 pm)

Yep, I think this is more along the right lines IMO

Something was said, he gets pissed off, walks out the pub and turns his phone off in a huff. He then storms off (the CCTV from the garage shows him walking quite fast - in addition to his bouncy gait - and not looking happy).

He then realises he doesn’t really know where he’s going so goes back to find them and gets lost.

Source: Me - I’ve stupidly done this many a time after a few drinks

Yes sounds like a likely scenario.

In the cleaned up video he looks lost, and cold. He is looking around as if he thinks "Where am I?" We know that a short while later he doubled back. I assume he either wanted to go back to the Lamb or go to the station and go home. But he never arrived in either location. I think he was lost and who knows how far he wandered and where he ended up. Since he apparently felt cold where could he have gone to warm up?

So it seems some of us are thinking the most likely scenario is that this fellow ended up in one of the bodies of water close by. If that is the case, he will emerge according to the timetable we know that takes temperature, current, and what not in to consideration. That is always a long and painful wait.

While the water scenario seems to be the most likely, I thought I'd ponder this from a different angle. A wild card speculation if you will.
Who would stand to benefit the most from his demise? Did he have any notable enemies? Was anyone particularly jealous of his seemingly happy life and impending nuptials? Did he have any serious debts and/or hobbies that created problems with his finances? Was his relationship with his ex and his children healthy?

Amateur opinion and speculation

That doesn't mean anything to me...was the train restricted from Lewes to Croydon (the train Anthony most likely wanted to take to get home) as far as you know?
If you are interested in following up re trains, national rail enquiries is a great source of info. I dont personally feel trains are relevant here as police dont seem to think he left the area and there would be lots of cctv etc.

His wife dropped him off at 12.30 ( but don’t think it was Lewes), they then got an Uber to lewes. One of the photos that has been released from the day in the press is him and his friends in the Uber. The trains to London returned to normal timetable before he was last seen on CCTV.

So what you are saying he could have easily took a train from Lewes to Croydon on that nigh?

bbm

And where is this tavern in relation to his last seen location at corner of Market St? (7.41 pm)
it's the most direct route I personally would take as a local and it's probably a 5 minute walk. It's a very popular pub due to it being an outlet of the local Harvey brewery the pub is almost across the road from the production plant.
It's the tavern that represents the local ale manufacturer

The very much sharper CCTV footage of him walking past the couple with bags is available now, posted by Lucy on the Lewes Present FB site. I feel sadder by the minute.

This is an even sharper version of the footage i mentioned earlier. Having seen this the couple in the footage are Asians. Bloke looks Asian and woman looks like she is wearing head dress. Furthermore she is deliberately walking behind him. Dont know if there is a big Asian population in Lewes.

These are the actual train departures from Lewes on Friday 20th, around the time Anthony was last seen. 19:47 and 20:56 went to East Croydon, which was his intention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member