UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you leave a crowd you are out with?
You don't feel comfortable in the company, where things are working out the way you don't like after everybody had enough alcohol. You misbehaved yourself and was set back by the group...feeling a little let down and ashamed....You are totally fed up with the amount of alcohol you took...you were bullied under the pretension it was just joking around.....should I go on...?
I do it quite often. I'm a light drinker so would leave a group without hesitation if I'd had enough and was ready to go home but didn't want to succumb to the peer pressure of 'just one more, live a little' etc etc

After the clip with the two people with carrier bags who are walking in front of the third person, am I right in thinking that Anthony is seen after this on his own walking back the way? When I watch the clip I see them turning their heads to their right possibly when they hear the car and on approaching the crossing but I can’t make out if they are talking to the third person behind. Also, I have read that the female crosses over but I can’t make that out either and I have watched it a few times. I keep thinking that he left the pub on purpose, he had a reason to leave. He was in a place that he was not familiar with and he was with friends and colleagues but he left the pub. I wonder how the afternoon had gone and how the conversation in the run up to him leaving. I assume the Police will have interviewed all of the people who were with him as well as others who were in the pub and the staff.

re the cctv...I watched the original version of this yesterday - which was not as clear. Someone does cross the road, looks like the woman.

In this clearer version today I think that the bit with the woman crossing has been left out...because, by that point, AK has already disappeared from view.

In the clip from yesterday, he does go back up the road at 19.37 hrs

re the cctv...I watched the original version of this yesterday - which was not as clear. Someone does cross the road, looks like the woman.

In this clearer version today I think that the bit with the woman crossing has been left out...because, by that point, AK has already disappeared from view.

In the clip from yesterday, he does go back up the road at 19.37 hrs[/QUOTE

Something went wrong. I wanted to say:

Sharp! I also believe something was cut out.

Last edited:
Just another scenario...he wants to join the group again but is hesitant. BTW I don't think the footage at the garage is him...the coat is much longer.

Interesting you should say that because when I first saw it, I didn’t think it was him either but I thought Lucy had confirmed. (Not sure about this though now as I can’t find reference to it).

Interesting you should say that because when I first saw it, I didn’t think it was him either but I thought Lucy had confirmed. (Not sure about this though now as I can’t find reference to it).

I'm not sure...there was such a lot of info. I thought it was dismissed.

In the clip from yesterday, he does go back up the road at 19.37 hrs

Something went wrong. I wanted to say:

Sharp! I also believe something was cut out.

Sussex Search & Rescue have thoroughly checked the river well over four miles down stream and report finding nothing.
It's a tidal river that outlets to the channel via Newhaven we know if it was high tide?
I think so. Near the flea market I read, if that makes sense
Tide Times

December 20

High Tide 17:45 hrs 5.66 metres

December 21

Low Tide 00.17 hrs 1.60 metres

High Tide 06:27 hrs 5.94 metres

Low Tide 12:57 hrs 1.59 metres

High Tide 18:57 hrs 5.74 metres

Newhaven Tide Times for 21st December 2019 | TideTimes.org.uk
it was basically a receeding tide from high could be out at sea somewhere. I have no idea how this works but the water moves pretty quickly. As a said earlier the river has been higher than usuall Which i Presumably means faster moving water.

Tide Times

December 20

High Tide 17:45 hrs 5.66 metres

December 21

Low Tide 00.17 hrs 1.60 metres

High Tide 06:27 hrs 5.94 metres

Low Tide 12:57 hrs 1.59 metres

High Tide 18:57 hrs 5.74 metres

Newhaven Tide Times for 21st December 2019 | TideTimes.org.uk

Still wondering about the flooding. As you know I posted before reports of alarms flooding in Lewes area. At 23 december there were non. I couldn't see what happened on the 20th when it was raining very hard. @Dogtopia what is your view on this?

Last edited:
Still wondering about the flooding. As you know I posted before reports of alarms flooding in Lewes area. At 23 december there were non. I couldn't see what happened on the 20th when it was raining very hard.
The flooding on that day had restricted train services I remember the conductor talking to A fellow traveler talking about it my way to work at around 1.30pm

Edit: just to clarify the flooding wasn't in Lewes it was on train lines between Lewes and london

Last edited:
The flooding on that day had restricted train services I remember the conductor talking to A fellow traveler talking about it my way to work at around 1.30pm

It would be good to know where the train service stranded, because I was always thinking the group took a train from Croydon to Lewes...

It would be good to know where the train service stranded, because I was always thinking the group took a train from Croydon to Lewes...
His wife dropped him off at 12.30 ( but don’t think it was Lewes), they then got an Uber to lewes. One of the photos that has been released from the day in the press is him and his friends in the Uber. The trains to London returned to normal timetable before he was last seen on CCTV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro