UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it certainly appears that one of the 2 people with the bags turns around and hands something to him! (right after the car drives by). MOO.
i think it looks like that because at that moment the light behind them passes between them and it looks like a hand/a white item is being passed :) wonder what the family has said about the cleaned up CCTV and the man being Anthony?

To me that just looks like they look back to see if it’s clear to cross without stopping at the zebra crossing.
Me too Ruth.

I think it is v possible they were aware of an apparently inebriated male approaching them from behind unsteadily. I definitely would be, and would be looking over my shoulder to make sure there was nothing I needed to be nervous of.

After the clip with the two people with carrier bags who are walking in front of the third person, am I right in thinking that Anthony is seen after this on his own walking back the way? When I watch the clip I see them turning their heads to their right possibly when they hear the car and on approaching the crossing but I can’t make out if they are talking to the third person behind. Also, I have read that the female crosses over but I can’t make that out either and I have watched it a few times. I keep thinking that he left the pub on purpose, he had a reason to leave. He was in a place that he was not familiar with and he was with friends and colleagues but he left the pub. I wonder how the afternoon had gone and how the conversation in the run up to him leaving. I assume the Police will have interviewed all of the people who were with him as well as others who were in the pub and the staff.

Last edited:
After the clip with the two people with carrier bags who are walking in front of the third person, am I right in thinking that Anthony is seen after this on his own walking back the way? When I watch the clip I see them turning their heads to their right possibly when they hear the car and on approaching the crossing but I can’t make out if they are talking to the third person behind. Also, I have read that the female crosses over but I can’t make that out either and I have watched it a few times. I keep thinking that he left the pub on purpose, he had a reason to leave. He was in a place that he was not familiar with and he was with friends and colleagues but he left the pub. I wonder how the afternoon had gone up and how the conversation in the run up to him leaving. I assume the Police will have interviewed all of the people who were with him as well as others who were in the pub and the staff.
Yes, believe that's right about the return walk (7.41pm sighting)

Suggestions as to why he left the pub include going to buy cigarettes. Do pubs still sell them? I have no idea!

As a non-smoker (and non-drinker!) I am not sure if cigarettes are still sold in pubs. I’d be surprised if they don’t sell them though as I think there are a lot of pubs with external smoking areas/beer gardens and by not selling them I suppose they could lose customers moving on to other pubs by having to leave to go to a shop etc. Unless the regs do not allow pubs to sell them now, not sure. I wonder how the conversation was shortly before he left, if everyone was getting on well or if there was anything said (they had been drinking all afternoon I read) that could have caused some friction. It’s odd that he left when he was not familiar with Lewes. If they were all getting on well, there must have been a reason that he left the pub when he did.

As a non-smoker (and non-drinker!) I am not sure if cigarettes are still sold in pubs. I’d be surprised if they don’t sell them though as I think there are a lot of pubs with external smoking areas/beer gardens and by not selling them I suppose they could lose customers moving on to other pubs by having to leave to go to a shop etc. Unless the regs do not allow pubs to sell them now, not sure. I wonder how the conversation was shortly before he left, if everyone was getting on well or if there was anything said (they had been drinking all afternoon I read) that could have caused some friction. It’s odd that he left when he was not familiar with Lewes. If they were all getting on well, there must have been a reason that he left the pub when he did.
They don't sell cigarettes in pubs, the way he was walking past the crossing was out of town and away from the built up town centre. Which he must have walked past to get to the lamb. The nearest place he could get cigarettes at that time is probably Waitrose or station wine opposite the train station

When do you leave a crowd you are out with?
You don't feel comfortable in the company, where things are working out the way you don't like after everybody had enough alcohol. You misbehaved yourself and was set back by the group...feeling a little let down and ashamed....You are totally fed up with the amount of alcohol you took...you were bullied under the pretension it was just joking around.....should I go on...?

I’m a smoker, but I wouldn’t pay the prices that the cigarette vending machines charge, I’m more likely to check my phone and look for a local shop/supermarket where I could buy them. I guess that local shop cctv cameras have been checked to see if that’s where he was for those minutes between the clips.

I’m a smoker, but I wouldn’t pay the prices that the cigarette vending machines charge, I’m more likely to check my phone and look for a local shop/supermarket where I could buy them. I guess that local shop cctv cameras have been checked to see if that’s where he was for those minutes between the clips.
That could explain his phone being used for data around 7.20pm

I'm hearing he walked past the crossing opposite the elephant and castle then looped back then went down market Street what's time frame? Might make a little walking video tomorrow see if can help anyone.
I think you're right and actually that was the 7.41pm time point, not down by the "Ellie" pub

When do you leave a crowd you are out with?
You don't feel comfortable in the company, where things are working out the way you don't like after everybody had enough alcohol. You misbehaved yourself and was set back by the group...feeling a little let down and ashamed....You are totally fed up with the amount of alcohol you took...you were bullied under the pretension it was just joking around.....should I go on...?

Yep, I think this is more along the right lines IMO

Something was said, he gets pissed off, walks out the pub and turns his phone off in a huff. He then storms off (the CCTV from the garage shows him walking quite fast - in addition to his bouncy gait - and not looking happy).

He then realises he doesn’t really know where he’s going so goes back to find them and gets lost.

Source: Me - I’ve stupidly done this many a time after a few drinks

Yep, I think this is more along the right lines IMO

Something was said, he gets pissed off, walks out the pub and turns his phone off in a huff. He then storms off (the CCTV from the garage shows him walking quite fast - in addition to his bouncy gait - and not looking happy).

He then realises he doesn’t really know where he’s going so goes back to find them and gets lost.

Source: Me - I’ve stupidly done this many a time after a few drinks

Just another scenario...he wants to join the group again but is hesitant. BTW I don't think the footage at the garage is him...the coat is much longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme