UK UK - Anthony Knott, 33, last seen at a pub in Lewes, Sussex, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • He left the lamb around 19:16. Direction unknown but bearing in mind the next sighting he most likely headed North on Fisher Street
  • He left the pub alone after talking to a colleague
  • His phone was used from 19:16 to 19:21 for data (most likely a map app)
  • From what we know on here his cards have NOT been used
  • Next seen outside the E&C pub heading West (on the South side of the road) at 19:17
  • Then seen again returning past the E&C at 19:36 heading East (again on the South side of the road)
  • Next seen at 19:41 heading South on Market Street (hence he most likely headed North on Fisher Street before)
  • When seen at 19:41 he looked to be walking awkwardly (described as 'disorientated), so not in his usual fashion
  • If he maintained the pace he was using at 19:41 for the entire 25 minutes he would have covered a little under 1.5km total
  • A fast walking pace is top end 4.5 mph, and bearing in mind the fact he was on a Xmas do he'd probably had a couple of drinks and was walking less quickly than that. However if he had been doing this pace he could have covered 1.88 miles (3km) - so maximum 1.5km out and 1.5km back
  • A slow walking pace can be down to 1.5mph. If he'd been doing this pace he could have covered 0.63 miles (1km) - so maximum 500m out and 500m back
  • Know this doesn't do a vast amount, but the more info we can nail down the better. Will try and update this as we get more
From Lewes Present Facebook, where this missing case is a hot topic and also joined by the fiancé. So IMO not to be dismissed or ignored.

Google maps shows it is a 5 minute walk from Fisher Street to Lewes railway station.

The next three timetabled trains from Lewes to East Croydon are at 19:21, 19:46, 20:21.

I wonder if his use of his phone was to check the train times and he didn't use it to check maps - a/ because he thought he knew the way (which would be to continue straight south from the pub) and b/ because the route he took was the direct opposite of that.

Hopefully nothing to do with this case, but the Old Soap Factory in Lewes was on fire yesterday. Also, Sussex Police HQ is located in Lewes, so the local police will surely be very keen to find out what happened to Andrew as a priority.

Last edited:
I actually think the garage footage could be him. The gait and arm swing is very similar and the person goes back the other way a few minutes later like they're lost. Maybe he couldn't get home and was trying to find the fire station at this point?

I have to say something....I'm very frustrated that the public has to provide the CCTV footage helping this desperate lovely lady out.....and of course that is great...but where is the police....and why is it so hard to communicate about the circumstances Anthony stepped out the Lamb pub? Where they still together or not....how hard can that be?

Sadly its the same old story and if you the family and friends don't do all the groundwork really quickly, the police force just don't have the resources to collate all the necessary info before its wiped over etc. In the Corrie McKeague case it was alleged Police only caputured some CCTV as they were convinced he was only in one area, but later on it was proved he could have been elsewhere. Also people in that case, witnesses etc, phoned in to the Police but the Police didn't follow up. So the family asked for people to report in again but it became apparent that the general public were of the mindset of 'I've phoned in my sighting, therefore the Police will deal with it' but they just did not have the resources or realise it hadn't been dealt with. So with this current missing case its brilliant the family and friends are totally on it. If you know them, then tell them not to hope or believe the Police all they can, they will only be able to do all they can with restrictions and it also depends who is in charge and finances etc and how many other big cases are ongoing at the time.

Could he have been walking all over looking for a taxi rank? I do sometimes slip away from friends on a night out without saying bye so I can understand that. And then I'd be trying to get myself a taxi . If he's not too familiar with this area was he may be walking round to try and find a taxi? I've also walked long distances home when drunk and unable to get a taxi!! How far is his home from this area?

Edit to add and my assumption re phone is that it ran out of battery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member