Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #2 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since the suspicion of murder is a new charge will they be able to get the extended 24 hour periods like they did with the abduction charge? Up to 96 more hours if granted?

Once charged, you cannot be questioned further. If you mean: If he is charged with murder, can he be questioned further after the initial 96 hours is up, given that it is a new charge, then no he can't. The police and Crown Prosecution Service will be, as we speak, getting everything they have got together. Then police will interview the suspect with a big fat file of evidence in front of them, the contents of which the suspect does not know.

Jon Clements on twitter

"I understand decision to arrest Mark Bridger for murder follows the results of forensic tests received by police overnight."

bumping up clutchbag's post from this morning re: forensic testing and suspicion charge upgrade.

I should have said since he was newly arrested on suspicion of murder, it being a new arrest would they be able to get additional time but I am really hoping they don't need it and there's a murder charge in by that time.

Thanks, I was just curious how it works in UK's legal system. Interesting.

The Mirror is a tabloid, which means its journalists are more concerned with sensation than accuracy.

You really can't rely on anything they print.

It is not considered mainstream media in the UK so should not be used as a source.

Yeah, I am not even clicking on the links to them posted in here...which is highly unusual - I usually follow every link! Too sensationalist.

Mirror = NY Post probably...
A hysterical and exaggerated version of the news, but still kind of considered mainstream, for some reason.

I should have said since he was newly arrested on suspicion of murder, it being a new arrest would they be able to get additional time but I am really hoping they don't need it and there's a murder charge in by that time.

Thanks, I was just curious how it works in UK's legal system. Interesting.

I agree. I hope they have time to get done what they have to. As I posted earlier, there are very strict rules about how long police can hold someone and what happens if you don't have enough evidence to charge them. One of the results of this is that we have people that the police believe are guilty of crimes, but don't have enough evidence, and/or have run out of time to question them, and have to release them, out on police bail, then often they go on to commit very similar crimes unfortunately.

From the descriptions of the blue Land Rover's movements before the abduction took place is what is sticking out in all this confusing mess for me.

The driver seems to have been building up rage driving to the parents evening (at 3:30PM IIRC) and blocking other cars in.

Now we are reading that possibly the same car was driving up and down the street where April was hours later and then taken at around 7:00PM. Something made this driver snap.

But what?

The decision by Welsh police to arrest local man Mark Bridger on suspicion of killing April came after they received the results of overnight forensic tests on material taken from his home on Thursday.

The arrest of Mr Bridger on suspicion of murder was “significant”, said Det Supt Reg Bevan, but it “does not detract from our efforts to find April and we remain committed to finding her”.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2012/1006/1224324956470.html

From the descriptions of the blue Land Rover's movements before the abduction took place is what is sticking out in all this confusing mess for me.

The driver seems to have been building up rage driving to the parents evening (at 3:30PM IIRC) and blocking other cars in.

Now we are reading that possibly the same car was driving up and down the street where April was hours later and then taken at around 7:00PM. Something made this driver snap.

But what?

..or waiting for own child to move along home, then an opportune moment. Who knows :(

But what?

I agree he was in a tizz over something and I posted this earlier. He was hanging around the area a little too much for something.

..or waiting for own child to move along home, then an opportune moment. Who knows :(

Ah but we have a quote that the car and driver were up and down the road where the children were, including his own. Yet they don't see their old dad?

Ah but we have a quote that the car and driver were up and down the road where the children were, including his own. Yet they don't see their old dad?

We don't know that they didn't see him during that time. It would not be unusual for them to see him there and if he was at the parents evening then he would be on that estate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SluethinAway