Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that, depending upon the news source, one finds Mark Bridger's name either modified by the term "former abattoir worker," or "former lifeguard."

There is circumstantial irony in each.

Yes, and the one the Telegraph used, before it checked its facts... "Former Soldier"

Yes I think it was. Apparently he told Tabak anything he said would be confidential, and then broke that promise. I am quite ambivalent about whether he should have, after actually making the promise.

Nearly right, whilst on remand (8th Feb 2011) Vincent Tabak told a prison chaplain that he had killed her (her name was Joanna - I do hate using the word her, but this is how it was reported) & intended to plead guilty. (strangely he was very anxious about telling his girlfriend this news)

On 5th May 2011, he pleaded guilty to manslaughter, but denied murdering her, his plea of guilty of manslaughter was rejected by the CPS. His trial started on 4th October & he was found guilty of murder on the 28th October, after 2 days of deliberation with a jury majority of 10 to 2.

The press reported that as VT had not registered as being part of a religion, it was not considered to be a religious confession.

Could a person (religious or not) hear this confession/info & not report it?

Sort of o/t but sort of not, we recently had a terrible triple murder.

The guilty party, one Jason Downie, had pleaded "guilty" but then wrote to his mother telling her he was innocent.

The courts actually wiped his first plea of "guilty" and made him come back to court and plead again.

Of course, he pled guilty again (because he was) but I found it interesting that the courts went through all the trouble of essentially repeating the hearing, and forcing him to admit he lied to his mother.

Sort of o/t but sort of not, we recently had a terrible triple murder.

The guilty party, one Jason Downie, had pleaded "guilty" but then wrote to his mother telling her he was innocent.

The courts actually wiped his first plea of "guilty" and made him come back to court and plead again.

Of course, he pled guilty again (because he was) but I found it interesting that the courts went through all the trouble of essentially repeating the hearing, and forcing him to admit he lied to his mother.

Surely not in the USA?

Wish there were at least some "a police source said" news; wonder what happened to Telegraph's "Ceinws quarry" mention from yesterday?

Wish there were at least some "a police source said" news; wonder what happened to Telegraph's "Ceinws quarry" mention from yesterday?

Me too wfgodot. I've searched on and off today, with no luck.

All I've been able to find is that it was a slate quarry, which I think I already knew, and that Ceinws is a.k.a. Esgairgeiliog.

Emo Headline Watch: Bridger in Court

tearful.......Guardian
sobs..........Express
weeps.........BBC
emotional....Sky
weeps.........Times
cries............Sun
sobs...........Telegraph
weeps.........Independent
tears...........Mirror
sobbing........Star
weeps.........Evening Standard

This is not possible. How can this be possible. This can't be possible

I didn't like the part of the article or post that I read that said "it was a piece of the puzzle, crime scene" at the quarry. Chills.

If MB is remorseful he needs to spill it asap or did he feel sorry for himself crying, weeping or whatever was descibed? It's too hard thinking what her mom is going through and family to worry about how he "feels" at the moment until April is found. He's a grown man, pushing 50. She's a little girl & her mom/mum & family must be devestated by the news. Pervs won't tell, they don't want the DNA evidence to be found. jmo

Of course when news disappears, it is pulled for possible evidence of something/someone or it was incorrect in the first place. Here in the US if it's pulled it just might be evidence for trial. I never know anymore but always think about those missing news articles...

This is not possible. How can this be possible. This can't be possible

Clara, can you elaborate on your statement? I'm somewhat confused as to the point you are making.

Besides pot, what are the drugs of choice in the area? Is there illegal drugs being used there? I can't imagine "shake n bake" meth labs in the area. Bath salts? Gosh, I'm clueless but have read up on drugs a bunch. Or was it just a drunking rage. Is that what people think? tia

Clueless, it's such a beautiful area.

Perhaps we ought to consider some other more sinister reasons why children are abducted or kidnapped and the force which drives some members of some secret societies to do such wicked acts.

Me too wfgodot. I've searched on and off today, with no luck.

I am waiting to hear on the Ceinws quarry also ... could not find anything today.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...r-sweet-innocent-girl-is-not-coming-home.html
11:51PM BST 07 Oct 2012

<snipped> a disused quarry half a mile from Mr Bridger’s house has been sealed off and was described by a police source as a “crime scene” and “another piece of the jigsaw”.

The quarry, in Ceinws, about five miles from Machynlleth, is near the farm house where Mr Bridger lived for the two weeks before his arrest. Local people said it was “dangerous” and had three mine shafts and several ventilation shafts.
<snipped> and BBM.

My apologies, I just am trying to figure out why this happened to April. Here we kind of try to get our questions out in the open but understand somewhat of your laws. It's not appropriate for UK.

I like digging deeper into why someone would do things. Incidents etc..why the charged did what they did. I understand and won't dig any farther out of respect.

Find April.

Even in poor Machynlleth now, Dylan Thomas's words again will ring true:
Though they go mad they shall be sane,
Though they sink through the sea they shall rise again;
Though lovers be lost love shall not;
And death shall have no dominion.

Perhaps we ought to consider some other more sinister reasons why children are abducted or kidnapped and the force which drives some members of some secret societies to do such wicked acts.

???
What would that have to do with this case?

Yeah, this is a pretty Occam's Razor-friendly case, I think; or, as Ptolemy put it, ""We consider it a good principle to explain the phenomena by the simplest hypothesis possible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE