Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I've been able to find is that it was a slate quarry, which I think I already knew, and that Ceinws is a.k.a. Esgairgeiliog.

Emo Headline Watch: Bridger in Court

tearful.......Guardian
sobs..........Express
weeps.........BBC
emotional....Sky
weeps.........Times
cries............Sun
sobs...........Telegraph
weeps.........Independent
tears...........Mirror
sobbing........Star
weeps.........Evening Standard

wfgodot, thanks for the headline watch!

Would you mind explaining what "Ceinws is a.k.a. Esgairgeiliog" means or stands for, I don't know. Thanks.

Yeah, this is a pretty Occam's Razor-friendly case, I think; or, as Ptolemy put it, ""We consider it a good principle to explain the phenomena by the simplest hypothesis possible."

BBM; Or as I've said in another case: "When you hear hoof beats, think of horses first, not zebras"

Inspector Dots... I agree to some extent (re: charges), but could you explain what you mean by 'evidence of death'. It is my understanding that in the case in Red Marley (Gloucestershire) there was no evidence of death, yet there was a successful conviction. Later on a confession, granted, and the body was located...

Hmmm, will have to look at that case, Thank you. Well I'm only assuming from what has been said by police but by 'evidence of death' in this case is Forensics, in his Car/house Clothes, or something the Cadever Dogs may have found...I personally don't believe the police or CPS would have given a Murder charge without something like that, and I'm basing that on what the said at their conference!

Does anybody know how they present the Dogs Evidence or are they literally just used to find objects or Bodies?? They sound like absolutely amazing dogs, they really seem to have helped in so many cases recently, not to mention earthquakes etc.

As someone who opposes the death penalty, it bothers me when criminals commit suicide because they're chickening out of facing up to their crime and sentence. Part of the reason I oppose the death penalty is because once they have died, that's it - no more punishment. Also, suicide means that they are in control and have "won" in a way, or "had the last say".

Death Penatly is better than keeping them alive on tax payers money for 40-50 years. I am for the death penalty, no chance of re offending, plus no chance of being placed back into the community. I for one would love to see all the convicted child rapists and killers in our prisons got rid of for good.

very dainty :) - yes indeed

Murder has to have the intent there - that the person intended to kill or to cause "grievous bodily harm", for a charge of murder to stick.

My view in the case of MB is that , in the light of what may be considerable evidence against their client, his defence may decide to go for "manslaughter on the grounds of diminished responsibility", which if aspects of his case fit the criteria given for this lesser charge, may exempt him from a murder charge. The defence would really need to raise their grounds for this at trial and the burden is on the defence to build a case for it.

I think this may happen, but that is due to what I am guessing may have triggered this off - a flip-out as a result of a ghastly argument in his acquaintance. Can't say any more of that here because it is pure speculation on my part. It will all come out in the wash.

Poor April.

I agree, this wasn't a random child. She was taken from outside his ex's (ED) house, where two of his children live. One of the people at the scene when it was first realised was his ex girlfriend (only split a week earlier)...Bearing in mind he was picked up walking along the main road back towards Mach, in my opinion he knew he was going to get caught and didn't care.

Well the obvious thing, if the tyre marks by the river etc are all true, is he threw her in the river. He may well have said "I threw her in the river at (some exact place)" but we've all seen that river - it was up high and moving fast. She's really not going to be still where she went in.

My belief is still that MB has said nothing whatsoever in his * interviews*. No way would the police being doing such a wide ranging search of the area if he had given any kind of information as to where he left AJ.

I know the police said their searches were being based on the information they had received during the interviews with MB, but you can read that 2 ways ( or I can ).
If MB gave absolutely no information, then they just have to search everywhere, which to me is what they are doing

God bless April, I fervently hope she will be found

Death Penatly is better than keeping them alive on tax payers money for 40-50 years. I am for the death penalty, no chance of re offending, plus no chance of being placed back into the community. I for one would love to see all the convicted child rapists and killers in our prisons got rid of for good.

Also over the years of my life I have seen so many of the victim's family reported as anguished by sporadic reports of how the perp is getting on in jail, every time some tabloid mentions he's been given turkey for xmas, been let out on day release after serving 20 years, or even taken to hospital ill then cured - you get "my little girl/boy can't have his xmas dinner" and anger all over again. I do get the sense that the victims would get more closure with the perp dead.

I agree, this wasn't a random child.

But, to a certain extent, I think it may have been.

There were 2 children playing at the time MB approached them.

My understanding is that he asked them both if they wanted to have a ride in his car.

He could not have been saying did they want him to give them a lift home because the other child, the 7 year old, was reported as saying to AJ * No, it's cold and dark, let's just go home * ( am paraphrasing there but that is along the lines of what I read )

So , as he asked them both, he faced the possibility that both children might have got into his car, therefore I dont see that AJ was singled out by him.

Alyce can you remember where you got this amount of detail from about what happened between the van driver and the children?

It was in one of the early police statements, I will try and find the link and post it up

My belief is still that MB has said nothing whatsoever in his * interviews*. No way would the police being doing such a wide ranging search of the area if he had given any kind of information as to where he left AJ.

I know the police said their searches were being based on the information they had received during the interviews with MB, but you can read that 2 ways ( or I can ).
If MB gave absolutely no information, then they just have to search everywhere, which to me is what they are doing

God bless April, I fervently hope she will be found

He must have given some sort of account, however sketchy, about his movements otherwise how could LE be overlaying what they know against what he said? I don't think he took the "no comment" approach.

In a press conference, Detective Superintendent Reg Bevan said they have "vast amounts" of forensic material but this will not be enough to solve the case alone. He said that Mr Bridger will be re-interviewed today and detectives will try to "overlay" what they know about his movements with his own account.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ones-missing-five-year-old-in-Wales-live.html

April Jones search: Checkpoints in place in Machynlleth

Police checkpoints remain in place around the town where five-year-old April Jones went missing, as the search for her enters its eighth day.

The road blocks were put in place in Machynlleth, Powys, on Monday night as officers hoped drivers may remember crucial details from last week.

The hunt for April has intensified with 18 police teams now involved.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-mid-wales-19880689

Also over the years of my life I have seen so many of the victim's family reported as anguished by sporadic reports of how the perp is getting on in jail, every time some tabloid mentions he's been given turkey for xmas, been let out on day release after serving 20 years, or even taken to hospital ill then cured - you get "my little girl/boy can't have his xmas dinner" and anger all over again. I do get the sense that the victims would get more closure with the perp dead.

Some people have no desire for vengeance.

Some people have no desire for vengeance.

Well absolutely - and in some cultures/laws the victim's family are allowed to decide if the perp's life is spared, or even if they are pardoned.

Personally I do not support the death penalty, as I believe thou shalt not kill is true in all directions. I was just trying to reason out the difference between the two views of an offender committing suicide - on the one hand a final act of contrition/shame/closure and on the other hand a cowardly way to escape punishment.

[
This report is a quote from VF, one of MBs ex's re what the 7 year old witness said

Oh I read that too, at the time, but I didn't read it the same as you. That "it was cold and wet" was the mother's observation, not what the 7yr old said to April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties