Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to reiterate my point above. Where, exactly, does it say that a 'bin bag' was 'dumped' in the river? It doesn't...

In that report it doesn't. In others it does. The Telegraph was not the first to report this.

In the original Mirror article it reports a 'bin bag' and a 'black bag'.

Yes but round here (London UK) if someone refers to "black bag" we always think of the ubiquitous black refuse sacks we all deal with almost daily. In fact it's getting so if you wanted to describe some other type of black bag you'd have to make that clear: eg "black rucksack" "black handbag". I dare say it's the same all over the country.

Not in my mind it doesn't.

I assume the horrific murder of a innocent child carries a life sentence so the additional charges would add how many years????

I don't know how long he'd get for the other charges but they may be run concurrently.

I would have to find the link for you in a bit but I do recall the witnesses being interviewed and saying that in early reports.

:twocents:

The original Daily Mirror article refers to it as a 'bin bag' at one point and a 'black bag' at others.

I don't believe there has been any police reports on this. I could be wrong though.

I would have to find the link for you in a bit but I do recall the witnesses being interviewed and saying that in early reports.

There's this, but the only mention of a bin bag is not a direct quote. Elsewhere it's referred to as a black bag.
Only one witness is quoted and she gave no details to the press. The other person who is quoted is not one of the witnesses.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/april-jones-missing-witnesses-saw-1361257

For the record, I agree with jaldy in that I would always specify "bin bag" if that's what I meant.

Just to reiterate my point above. Where, exactly, does it say that a 'bin bag' was 'dumped' in the river? It doesn't...

It does not say it was dumped in the river. It says that they saw someone carrying a black bag near the river.

I assume the horrific murder of a innocent child carries a life sentence so the additional charges would add how many years????

The mandatory sentence for anyone convicted of murder is life, however the Judge normally sets a minimum period which must be served before parole can be applied for. So a "life" sentence isn't necessarily what it sounds like.

The maximum sentence for child abduction is 7 years

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/child_abduction/

The maximum sentence for perverting the course of justice is 3 years

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/s_to_u/sentencing_manual/perverting_the_course_of_justice/

If found guilty on all three charges, there is also the possibility that the Judge could allow the sentences to be served concurrently

All the above AFAIK

I have a real problem with MB dumping a bin bag in the river as reported. If he was getting rid of evidence, why not dump it in the river behind his house - out of sight from everyone?

It doesn't make sense that he would cart that bin bag from his house and dump it closer to town where the likely hood of being spotted is much greater.

According to the report in the Telegraph, the river concerned was indeed the Dulas (that runs behind his house) and was not the Dyfi, which is much closer to town:

The most intense activity in the search appeared to be focussed on a steep river bank near the hamlet of Ceinws, where Mr Bridger has lived for the past month, following a report that a man was seen carrying a black bag there at 1pm on Tuesday.

Carwen Sheen, 36, was chatting to a friend on the opposite river bank when they saw the figure scrambling down a gulley leading to the water's edge.

The timing fits very neatly with MB possibly being filmed by Channel Four News on the banks of the Dyfi at 1.45, as it would take a fit man little more than 45 minutes for a brisk downhill walk from Ceinws to the Dyfi (about 3 miles).

If the man with the black *bag* was MB is it possible he was carrying those black waterproof trousers? and the woman was mistaken? Just thinking out loud.

No, I don't think so. That could just as easily mean he is claiming innocence and told them some account of his movements that day.

Since there's an eye witness, he can't very well claim innocence.

Haha...sorry, Clutchbag - we posted about the same time!

ETA: Sorry wfgodot - I completely missed your post!

Does the UK have consecutive sentences? Which means after one sentence is served another begins - which is used in the US to keep criminals from ever being released. Thus a good reason to charge everything possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214