Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile in the village of Llanbrynmair, where Bridger lived before he moved to Ceinws, neighbours revealed they had alerted police to his whereabouts about an hour before his arrest, on Tuesday.

Paul and Gloria Edwards told police they had seen Bridger walking towards Machynlleth on a cycle bridge, at 2.15pm – at that point police had not revealed they were looking for the 46-year-old.

Gloria, in her 50s, said: “We’d been searching for April since Tuesday morning, we came off the mountains to Machynlleth.

“On the right hand side we saw Mark, and tooted at him. He looked across to us, but he was startled by somebody on a bike. He was in a camouflage jacket and had reflector glasses on.”

When they got home, at about 2.15pm, plain clothes police officers were smashing in the house next door, where Bridger had lived up until about a month ago.

Gloria said: “They asked if we’d seen Mark. We said we knew him, and we had just seen him going towards Machynlleth. That’s when all hell broke loose. They asked us where we’d seen him, they cordoned off the whole area, and then they arrested him.”

This is different to the account they have on Sky, where they had gone next door (no account of smashing in), asked the next door neighbours if they knew the people living there and were told "No", but we knew Mark who lived there before. Added "We've just seen him" and police asked where. They then went rushing off and found him. They spoke to these folks circa 2:30. They said he didn't see them. He wasn't agitated, just walking normally, had been clipped by a lad on a bicycle and had reacted to that.

I do seem to remember from the report on Sky that the door looked like it had been repaired with wood panels.

his version of events is most likely related to the perversion of justice charge imhoo

:moo:

Ah....... I thought you might have meant that - for instance - he admitted the abduction, ( although he wouldnt call it abduction of course, he was only taking a friends child for a little ride in his car )

but then he said that he dropped her off at the end of the street or something, so has no idea what happened to her after that.

But then when the police find incriminating evidence ? which we presume they have done to be able to bring the charge of murder, then they add the perverting the course of justice charge , because clearly he didnt drop her off safely.

e:
I do seem to remember from the report on Sky that the door looked like it had been repaired with wood panels.

Ive searched high and low for that tv interview in either print or video with no luck. Since sky updated their website layout its real hard to find anything. They used to have a searchable video section which seems to have been deleted. Nothing on youtube either. Will keep trying.

ETA Southernnana, the first part is from a local paper called the daily post, article was linked to a few pages back. the bit in bold from sky news is from an interview which there doesnt seem to be a link to but many saw it live on tv

Regarding the caravan, unless the bbc just slotted that photo into the slideshow today, then I agree it looks like a second visit. Maybe some tech savvy person can look at the code from the image and see if theres a date in there somewhere.

e:

Ive searched high and low for that tv interview in either print or video with no luck. Since sky updated their website layout its real hard to find anything. They used to have a searchable video section which seems to have been deleted. Nothing on youtube either. Will keep trying.

Regarding the caravan, unless the bbc just slotted that photo into the slideshow today, then I agree it looks like a second visit. Maybe some tech savvy person can look at the code from the image and see if theres a date in there somewhere.

There is nothing to give a clear indication when either of the images were actually taken. The BBC one has no data and on the other one the date on the guys camera is out by over 3 years :)

The BBC one has been on the site for at least 4-5 days.

There is nothing to give an indication when either of the images were actually taken. The BBC one has no data and on the other one the date on the guys camera is out by over 3 years :)

But the Wales Online one has the title

101012 The police search continues for missing April Jones of Machynllyth.
PIC: Matthew Horwood / Media Wales

Suggests it was taken today perhaps

Thanks jaldy, not to worry. It might appear in other MSM later on.

But the Wales Online one has the title

Suggests it was taken today perhaps

Possibly but I was referring to previous post and the date on the image. I thought I had said 'clear indication' :)

I was just thinking back on what I have read about what the witness to the abduction said: April got into the car on the driver's side. Why would that be? Presumably the driver would be sitting in that seat.

Also, did the witness mention whether she saw someone in the car when April got in ?

I was just thinking back on what I have read about what the witness to the abduction said: April got into the car on the driver's side. Why would that be? Presumably the driver would be sitting in that seat.

Also, did the witness mention whether she saw someone in the car when April got in ?

According to the police press conference the child had given a description.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-19800140

He said police had a significant number of pieces of information.

This included an initial description of the driver but detectives were not comfortable releasing more details at this stage.

The vehicle they have 'in custody' is a LHD. Add that to your thinking :)

From the police statement. "“Furthermore April has been described as getting into the driver’s side of the vehicle. This may be because she got in with the driver or that it is left hand drive vehicle. "

IMO they are charging him with perversion of justice because they are not confident that they can prove kidnapping or murder. They feel a need to charge him with SOMETHING. As in the article posted this morning the "key evidence" is the testimony of a seven year old. A seven year old who said she saw April get into a light colored/white van not a dark blue landrover. Who wants to bet this wont be the same testimony we hear at the actual trial?

IMO they are charging him with perversion of justice because they are not confident that they can prove kidnapping or murder. They feel a need to charge him with SOMETHING. As in the article posted this morning the "key evidence" is the testimony of a seven year old. A seven year old who said she saw April get into a light colored/white van not a dark blue landrover. Who wants to bet this wont be the same testimony we hear at the actual trial?

What article? On here?

Not exactly as I remember it from the police statements but I get your point I think.

I had not previously seen anything in MSM to say that CJ had implicated MB. FWIW I have now found the article, but there is no direct quote or indication of "where" the information emerged from. The article is dated 9:48AM BST 03 Oct 2012

Mr Jones, 43, and his wife, 40, reported April missing immediately, and it emerged last night that they had told police who they suspected the driver of the car was.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ses-on-areas-highlighted-by-arrested-man.html

Also from this article

He had two vehicles, one of which was a left-hand drive Land Rover Discovery made in Spain.

I wonder if the child actually said something like "it was a grey and white" vehicle and they LE changed the wording to "or" instead of "and", making it a light colored or white vehicle. I can see thinking that the blue was grey in darker light and it does have white/light strip on it. Grey can be dark or light. Maybe she just wasn't certain or clear that it had two different colors and that it was dark grey (actually blue) and not a light grey color.

Don't seem to be able to ad quote to my posts for some reason !

Has it been confirmed that it was MB seen at the river with the black bin bag? whoever it was maybe they was just dumping rubbish, not sure about rules in Wales but in Somerset there is a limit of the amount of rubbish you are aloud to put out each week, if it does not fit into your wheelie bin they refuse to take it and because of that there seems to be a lot more fly tipping going on.

Wasn't it reported somewhere that MB had helped in the search early on? in which case he would have had even less time to dispose of a body.

I wonder if the child actually said something like "it was a grey and white" vehicle and they LE changed the wording to "or" instead of "and", making it a light colored or white vehicle. I can see thinking that the blue was grey in darker light and it does have white/light strip on it. Grey can be dark or light. Maybe she just wasn't certain or clear that it had two different colors and that it was dark grey (actually blue) and not a light grey color.

Exactly and my guess is that come trial she will be sure AJ got into MB's blue landrover with MB. Having a 7 and 8 year old, I know they are easily influenced directly as well as indirectly. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13