Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To satisfy all the conditions you lay out, if MB was responsible, this is what I suspect had happened:

Monday evening, after April Jones gets in the Disco, he leaves the estate, turns LEFT onto the A489, then LEFT onto the B4404, through Llanwrin, to its junction with the A487 near Dyfi Bridge. He would then turn RIGHT and proceed northwards to his home at Ceinws. Very roughly it's a 20min drive from Machynlleth to Ceinws via Llanwrin (ie the long way round). I'm assuming April would have had to go into the house by one means or another (dead or alive). We'll not know until the trial what happened in that house, but assuming she's now dead (or dying), he leaves the house sometime later when the neighbours will have turned in for the night, and gone to one of the quarries or disused mine shafts in the Corris area. A 4x4 going off-track in the dead of night would be pretty hard to spot - it's a very quiet, dark, secluded part of the world.

My hunch is that she's in the Corris area, but obviously I have no evidence to back that up - neither does the LE by the looks of it. They appear to have been clutching at straws from early on.

Why a quarry or mine shaft? Witnesses saw a man carrying a black bag down to the river on Tuesday - so is it not more feasible that that was what he did?

from thisisbristol.co.uk

UPDATE 1028: The judge presiding over the case is keen for the trial of Mark Bridger to be brought forward as soon as possible because many of the witnesses will be young children, some as young as seven years of age, BBC News reports.

The judge also said he was keen for the case to remain in the North Wales area, because most of the witnesses will be the people of Machynlleth. They will need to be able to get to court to give their evidence, he said.

The hearing lasted 18 minutes.

Why a quarry or mine shaft? Witnesses saw a man carrying a black bag down to the river on Tuesday - so is it not more feasible that that was what he did?

MB might well have disposed of the body in a black bin bag in the river, but in terms of risk, he'd be at a greater risk of being spotted doing that compared to dropping her down a mine shaft in the dead of night.

from thisisbristol.co.uk

UPDATE 1028: The judge presiding over the case is keen for the trial of Mark Bridger to be brought forward as soon as possible because many of the witnesses will be young children, some as young as seven years of age, BBC News reports.

The judge also said he was keen for the case to remain in the North Wales area, because most of the witnesses will be the people of Machynlleth. They will need to be able to get to court to give their evidence, he said.

The hearing lasted 18 minutes.

Neither Caernarfon or Mold is particularly easy to get to from Mach, but Caernarfon is the least inconvenient place to travel to. Roads in rural Wales are shockingly bad. Median speed is probably 30-40mph. So much for local justice. What are the chances of a temporary Crown Court being set up in Aberystwyth? It's a long, tiring drive to Caernarfon and back even for an adult, more so for a child of 7.

There's a very big problem with this Daily Post report - there is no cycle bridge in Llanbrynmair. There is one, however, 200 yards or so upstream of Dyfi Bridge. It's called the Millennium Bridge.

People need to bear in mind that the Daily Pest prints some astonishing bull excrement from time to time. Also, if you draw a line from Tywyn to Wrexham via Bala, then in the Daily Pest's world view, nothing exists south of that line. It may as well be the Steppes of Central Asia or the Atacama Desert as far as they're concerned.

Lloyds Coaches runs a bus service from Machynlleth to Newtown via Llanbrynmair, so public transport is feasible.

It doesn't say MB was in Llanbrynmair or that Paul and Gloria Edwards were in Llanbrynmair. Their home is in Llanbrynmair but they had been out and were travelling near Machynellth on their way home when they saw MB, When they got home, police were at the next door property where MB used to live. (smashing the door down is a bit of an over the top description).

They spoke to the police who said they were looking for MB. P & G Edwards said he had moved out of the next door property about a month ago but that they had just driven past him outside Mach at which point the police sped off to find MB. So yes they probably did see him near the Millenium Bridge.

Meanwhile in the village of Llanbrynmair, where Bridger lived before he moved to Ceinws, neighbours revealed they had alerted police to his whereabouts about an hour before his arrest, on Tuesday.

Paul and Gloria Edwards told police they had seen Bridger walking towards Machynlleth on a cycle bridge, at 2.15pm – at that point police had not revealed they were looking for the 46-year-old.

Gloria, in her 50s, said: “We’d been searching for April since Tuesday morning, we came off the mountains to Machynlleth.

“On the right hand side we saw Mark, and tooted at him. He looked across to us, but he was startled by somebody on a bike. He was in a camouflage jacket and had reflector glasses on.”

When they got home, at about 2.15pm, plain clothes police officers were smashing in the house next door, where Bridger had lived up until about a month ago.

Gloria said: “They asked if we’d seen Mark. We said we knew him, and we had just seen him going towards Machynlleth. That’s when all hell broke loose. They asked us where we’d seen him, they cordoned off the whole area, and then they arrested him.”

This is different to the account they have on Sky, where they had gone next door (no account of smashing in), asked the next door neighbours if they knew the people living there and were told "No", but we knew Mark who lived there before. Added "We've just seen him" and police asked where. They then went rushing off and found him. They spoke to these folks circa 2:30. They said he didn't see them. He wasn't agitated, just walking normally, had been clipped by a lad on a bicycle and had reacted to that.

Neither Caernarfon or Mold is particularly easy to get to from Mach, but Caernarfon is the least inconvenient place to travel to. Roads in rural Wales are shockingly bad. Median speed is probably 30-40mph. So much for local justice. What are the chances of a temporary Crown Court being set up in Aberystwyth? It's a long, tiring drive to Caernarfon and back even for an adult, more so for a child of 7.

I agree with this and roads are windy too, wet and leaf ridden generally at this time of year. Impossible to drive fast.

I was looking at the time they saw him being 2.15 and the time they got home also being 2.15, hence thought they had seen him close to their home.

You would struggle to carry a black bin bag containing a dead body. If it resembled a bin bag, then it was not holding one IMHO. Clothes are incriminating evidence, yes.

Another explanation for the bin bag might be that MB may have had various things in his home that might be embarrassing or incriminating for totally unrelated reasons, and he realised the police were probably soon going to be searching people's homes.

If it was April's clothes, surely he would have though of getting rid of those at the same time as her body. Though I believe Huntley (Soham murders) overlooked a few things and had to deal with them seperately.

I was looking at the time they saw him being 2.15 and the time they got home also being 2.15, hence thought they had seen him close to their home.

It's not a very well written article. And police were not "smashing" down the door of his old home in Llanbrynmair - that's a gross exaggeration of what Mr & Mrs Edwards said on TV.

MB might well have disposed of the body in a black bin bag in the river, but in terms of risk, he'd be at a greater risk of being spotted doing that compared to dropping her down a mine shaft in the dead of night.

Question: is a "bin bag" a large plastic bag that fits the garbage receptacle? What we'd call a garbage bag here in the states?

Thanks.

Another explanation for the bin bag might be that MB may have had various things in his home that might be embarrassing or incriminating for totally unrelated reasons, and he realised the police were probably soon going to be searching people's homes.

If it was April's clothes, surely he would have though of getting rid of those at the same time as her body. Though I believe Huntley (Soham murders) overlooked a few things and had to deal with them seperately.

Could have been his own clothes he'd been wearing while he did all the disposing of her and her belongings.

It's not a very well written article. And police were not "smashing" down the door of his old home in Llanbrynmair - that's a gross exaggeration of what Mr & Mrs Edwards said on TV.

I second that Clio,

In the report, reference the 2.15pm timeline being reported twice, the distance between the two locations mentioned was actually 11 miles. So again' shoddy reporting.

You would struggle to carry a black bin bag containing a dead body. If it resembled a bin bag, then it was not holding one IMHO. Clothes are incriminating evidence, yes.

I know it's horrible to say, but what if the body was um, not in one piece? It wouldn't resemble a body shape then.

I second that Clio,

In the report, reference the 2.15pm timeline being reported twice, the distance between the two locations mentioned was actually 11 miles. So again' shoddy reporting.

Yes, a prime example of poor reporting sending everybody chasing off in all directions.

The same judge who presided over Barry George's trial. That's not a happy precedent, he was falsely convicted and then the conviction was overturned on appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties