Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #3 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't say MB was in Llanbrynmair or that Paul and Gloria Edwards were in Llanbrynmair. Their home is in Llanbrynmair but they had been out and were travelling near Machynellth on their way home when they saw MB, When they got home, police were at the next door property where MB used to live. (smashing the door down is a bit of an over the top description).

They spoke to the police who said they were looking for MB. P & G Edwards said he had moved out of the next door property about a month ago but that they had just driven past him outside Mach at which point the police sped off to find MB. So yes they probably did see him near the Millenium Bridge.

So does that definitively tell us that the police did not know where MB lived at this point as they had gone to his last but one address ?

I know it's horrible to say, but what if the body was um, not in one piece? It wouldn't resemble a body shape then.
I'm guessing this is what took place. Horrid - but, if it did, it perhaps will yield abundant forensic evidence to police.

What are the chances of a temporary Crown Court being set up in Aberystwyth? It's a long, tiring drive to Caernarfon and back even for an adult, more so for a child of 7.

The judge said that the children will be able to give their evidence by video link from Aberystwyth.

So does that definitively tell us that the police did not know where MB lived at this point as they had gone to his last but one address ?

No I don't think it does. Other police teams could have been at Mount Pleasant at a similar time but found nobody home.

Speculation and mapping, take the speculation with a grain of reserve. Mapping should be accurate.

Done some mapping and located both bridges, it appears the Millennium bridge is probably the cycle bridge referred to. Top of the photo is north, I beleive the river runs east to west and empties into the sea. The sea is approximately 45 mins away by car or truck. I beleive the river was reported as swollen and moving rapidly in that time period.

attachment.php

Attachments

• bridges.jpg
    bridges.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 150
The same judge who presided over Barry George's trial. That's not a happy precedent, he was falsely convicted and then the conviction was overturned on appeal.

Not quite,
Mr Justice Gage presided over Barry George's original trial.

Mr Justice Griffith Williams actually presided over Barry Georges retrial, when Barry George's conviction was overturned.

Not quite,
Mr Justice Gage presided over Barry George's original trial.

Mr Justice Griffith Williams actually presided over Barry Georges retrial, when Barry George's conviction was overturned.

Ah, I see thank you for the clarification.

The same judge who presided over Barry George's trial. That's not a happy precedent, he was falsely convicted and then the conviction was overturned on appeal.

No. Barry George's second (successful) appeal resulted in an order for a retrial. Justice Griffith Williams was the judge in that retrial, which ended with the acquittal of Barry George.

Oops - Rutland Girl beat me to it!

his version of events is most likely related to the perversion of justice charge imhoo

:moo:

Sorry if I'm being a bit dense but I'm not sure what you mean. :confused:

Are you thinking he might plead guilty to murder but put up a defence against the perversion of justice charge? How would that work? I admit I killed her but I didn't dispose of or conceal the body? So where's the body then?

That between September 30, 2012 and October 3, 2012 at Machynlleth, with intent to pervert the course of justice, did an act, namely the unlawful disposal and concealment of the body of April Sue-Lyn Jones, which had a tendency to pervert the course of public justice contrary to common law.

Are you thinking he might plead guilty to murder but put up a defence against the perversion of justice charge? How would that work? I admit I killed her but I didn't dispose of or conceal the body? So where's the body then?

I didn't understand that either.

They are talking in terms of a trial taking place, but (just theoretically) if he were to plead guilty to abduction and murder, would they bother with the expense of a trial purely on the perversion of justice charge?

what I mean is that the version of events that he gave police imhoo does not match all the other evidence in the case and that he was/is obstructing justice by sending police on a wild goose chase/telling lies about what really happened.

That is my opinion.

Re abbatoir workers:

Gail Eisnitz, chief investigator for the Humane Farming Association in the US, wrote a book for which she interviewed abbatoir workers.
Here is an excerpt from the wiki article:
The workers described the effects the violence has had on their personal lives, with several admitting to being physically abusive or taking to alcohol and other drugs.

Meanwhile in the village of Llanbrynmair, where Bridger lived before he moved to Ceinws, neighbours revealed they had alerted police to his whereabouts about an hour before his arrest, on Tuesday.

Paul and Gloria Edwards told police they had seen Bridger walking towards Machynlleth on a cycle bridge, at 2.15pm – at that point police had not revealed they were looking for the 46-year-old.

Gloria, in her 50s, said: “We’d been searching for April since Tuesday morning, we came off the mountains to Machynlleth.

“On the right hand side we saw Mark, and tooted at him. He looked across to us, but he was startled by somebody on a bike. He was in a camouflage jacket and had reflector glasses on.”

When they got home, at about 2.15pm, plain clothes police officers were smashing in the house next door, where Bridger had lived up until about a month ago.

Gloria said: “They asked if we’d seen Mark. We said we knew him, and we had just seen him going towards Machynlleth. That’s when all hell broke loose. They asked us where we’d seen him, they cordoned off the whole area, and then they arrested him.”

This is different to the account they have on Sky, where they had gone next door (no account of smashing in), asked the next door neighbours if they knew the people living there and were told "No", but we knew Mark who lived there before. Added "We've just seen him" and police asked where. They then went rushing off and found him. They spoke to these folks circa 2:30. They said he didn't see them. He wasn't agitated, just walking normally, had been clipped by a lad on a bicycle and had reacted to that.

Please provide Links for both of your sources :)

Speculation and mapping, take the speculation with a grain of reserve. Mapping should be accurate.

Done some mapping and located both bridges, it appears the Millennium bridge is probably the cycle bridge referred to. Top of the photo is north, I beleive the river runs east to west and empties into the sea. The sea is approximately 45 mins away by car or truck. I beleive the river was reported as swollen and moving rapidly in that time period.

attachment.php

From the early report on Sky News, it is between those two bridges that MB was spotted.

I didn't understand that either.

They are talking in terms of a trial taking place, but (just theoretically) if he were to plead guilty to abduction and murder, would they bother with the expense of a trial purely on the perversion of justice charge?

Hi Cherwell,

True, they might just drop the charge of perverting the course of justice in that case. I guess it depends on how much time it would add to the sentence versus how much it might cost as to whether they think it's worth pursuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back