Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #5 *M. Bridger guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not disagreeing with you but the UK way is innocent until PROVEN guilty. Sorry, am only just catching up :)

Same in the USA. But a certain level of evidence has to be presented in order to proceed with charges.

He was seen leaving Ceinws at 9.15 am by a Mr David Richards, who said that he seemed agitated, flustered and in a great hurry. “He was crashing the gears, making a hell of a noise. He went out to the junction, then stopped and there was an almighty bang. There was something wrong with the vehicle.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/9588326/April-Jones-Mark-Bridger-was-at-school-parents-evening.html

In addition, The Sun reported that someone had told the police that MB's car was not parked on his driveway shortly before 8am Tuesday.

I would presume that he took the Discovery to the garage when he left at 9.15, but what he did and where he went while apparently out from before 8am until around 9am is something LE will be very anxious to discover.

If this report is correct then it's difficult to imagine how MB could have driven into town grinding, crashing and banging without drawing attention to himself. Why, then, does there seem to be a "witness deficit" in this regard?

Do we know where the garage is located? Presumably in Machynlleth itself, but he was arrested later that day walking in the direction of Machynlleth? Did he go home in the meantime and if so how did he get there? On foot? By bus? Taxi? Did someone give him a lift?

Do we even know that he dropped his car at the garage the next day? I used to rent a flat above a garage and it was common for garage customers to drop their cars off after hours and push their car keys through the office letterbox. Sometimes this would occur very late at night, i.e. a recovery vehicle depositing a roadside breakdown for repair.

Neighbours said his car was missing between about 0800 and 0915 Tuesday morning. It was dropped off at garage sometime after.
Another witness was the one who saw the vehicle around 0915 being driven erratically and driver crashing gears.
Garage will have told police what time it was dropped off.
Another witness may have identified him about 1000 at a bus stop/station not far from the garage.

If this report is correct then it's difficult to imagine how MB could have driven into town grinding, crashing and banging without drawing attention to himself. Why, then, does there seem to be a "witness deficit" in this regard?

Not sure that he had to drive right into town to get to the garage?
Alternatively, whatever the car was doing when missing after 0800 might have caused the subsequent mechanical issues.

No, that is absolutely true, but I can't say the thought hasn't crossed my mind in trying to comprehend the whys and wherefores pertaining to the charges of abduction, murder, and perverting the course of justice.

Of course. I guess we all hope at least that won't turn out to be the case.

well i have spoken to this issue in the past, but perhaps the idea did not gain any support because people are convinced mb is the perp.
Consider the possibility that some mistake (yes it may seem unlikely) has resulted in mb being falsely accused.
As futile as it may seem, taking the time to evaluate other lines of thinking and possible scenarios may prove to be quite productive. The other alternative is to keep chasing our tails and deeply delving into such topics as, " correlations, interpolations, speculations, and manipulations of second and third hand juvenile witness statements" as well as "the impracticality of attempting to determine relationship variables (such as closeness or frequency of interaction)based upon the size of the community and the distribution of the people on the landscape.

I have been thinking a bit more about the map i made and i still believe i see a pattern. I am hesitant to state what that pattern seems to be, because i would expect that pattern would be recognized by more than person if it had any merit.

If anyone is curious at taking a look at the map again, here is the google map link. I can't seem to directly embed the map on this page.
The map is interactive and has the details related to the numbered incidents on the left hand side of the page in the side bar. Alternately, these informational boxes will appear when you click on the icons themselves.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=205327856569494080612.0004cc025a35a815c6851&msa=0

i also have a spreadsheet, work in progress, of these incidents. It is nice to have something to easily compare the various abduction attempts. That page is simply a google doc, and here is the link for that document.

[url="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0apo5hrhe4vewdfq5lthxctfibgmtdlhdt1nucgnxnnc&single=true&gid=0&output=html"]https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0apo5hrhe4vewdfq5lthxctfibgmtdlhdt1nucgnxnnc&single=true&gid=0&output=html
[/url]

ferry crossings to and from Ireland they are all close to a ferry route. Zoom in on map to see the crossings.

My mind probably just going overtime but what if MB did want to draw attention to himself that night. Is it possible he did things so that he could give himself an alibi. Was the white van the child saw with MB? Meaning both vehicles were present and MH did see the small white van but AJ saw MB??

Neighbours said his car was missing between about 0800 and 0915 Tuesday morning. It was dropped off at garage sometime after.
Another witness was the one who saw the vehicle around 0915 being driven erratically and driver crashing gears.
Garage will have told police what time it was dropped off.
Another witness may have identified him about 1000 at a bus stop/station not far from the garage.

So his neighbours had nothing better to do on the morning in question than observe the presence or absence of his vehicle for a solid hour and fifteen minutes?

In what sense was his car "missing" from his home? My car is "missing" from my home most days and this means nothing whatsoever.

We have no way of knowing the accuracy of these reports, which could be based on answers given to 'loaded' questions.

Q. "Did you notice MB's car between 08:00 and 09:00?"
A. "No, but I looked out my window and saw it at 09:15"

The media then reports this to give the impression that the vehicle was "missing" for the duration.

Some suggest that MB was busy disposing of AJ's body during this period. If so, where were his eagle-eyed neighbours when he loaded the body into his vehicle and drove away?

So his neighbours had nothing better to do on the morning in question than observe the presence or absence of his vehicle for a solid hour and fifteen minutes?

In what sense was his car "missing" from his home? My car is "missing" from my home most days and this means nothing whatsoever.

We have no way of knowing the accuracy of these reports, which could be based on answers given to 'loaded' questions.

Q. "Did you notice MB's car between 08:00 and 09:00?"
A. "No, but I looked out my window and saw it at 09:15"

The media then reports this to give the impression that the vehicle was "missing" for the duration.

Police asked for any witnesses who could fill in this time period. "missing' just meant - not there.

This little sweetie and her owner were searching for April
Isla:

Certainly, the hunt for April is blessed with some of the best tools available. Among them, three-year-old border collie Isla who last year was judged the most gifted canine in the UK for tracking missing people.

Isla, brought down from Wearside by owner Tony High, 40, is able to track "human air scent" from a dead or alive person from a quarter of a mile away. "She's outstanding at picking up a trail of skin cells," he said.

http://www.twsmrt.org.uk/pressReleases/releases.php?id=91
Teesdale & Weardale Search & Mountain Rescue Team (TWSMRT) based in County Durham now have an award winning search dog and handler within the team. Tony High from Penshaw, a team member for 6 years with his 2 1/2 year old border collie Isla have successfully completed a two year training and assessment programme organised by The Search & Rescue Dog Association (SARDA).
Not only were they successful in last weekends assessment but they won the Novice Shield which is awarded by SARDA England for outstanding performance by dog and handler throughout the assessment course. The achievement is even more outstanding as the shield has only been awarded 3 times in the last 10 years and never before to a dog and handler from the North East.

Tony said " It has taken us 2 years of hard work to get to this level. One of the hardest things is learning to read the signs the dog gives you when out searching and learning to have 100% trust that your dog is right".

Since starting training 2 years ago Tony and Isla have passed various assessments before spending 3 days in the Lake District on their final assessment. Tony said "We needed to search 5 large areas of the Lakeland Fells over 3 days, locate any casualties and be sure the area was clear when we had finished. Isla managed to locate all her casualties, I am very proud of her".

pid91Tony%20Isla%20003A.jpg

Do we know where the garage is located? Presumably in Machynlleth itself, but he was arrested later that day walking in the direction of Machynlleth? Did he go home in the meantime and if so how did he get there? On foot? By bus? Taxi? Did someone give him a lift?

Do we even know that he dropped his car at the garage the next day? I used to rent a flat above a garage and it was common for garage customers to drop their cars off after hours and push their car keys through the office letterbox. Sometimes this would occur very late at night, i.e. a recovery vehicle depositing a roadside breakdown for repair.

For your information, regarding your second paragraphs' query, please look at my recent posts (I would link it here - if I knew how to) In brief; it stated that in a televised police statement on 04.10.12, that they were looking for sighting reports of MB's vehicle right up to his arrest at 3.30pm on 02.10.12.

Were they looking for confirmation of its where-abouts?

For your information, regarding your second paragraphs' query, please look at my recent posts (I would link it here - if I knew how to) In brief; it stated that in a televised police statement on 04.10.12, that they were looking for sighting reports of MB's vehicle right up to his arrest at 3.30pm on 02.10.12.

Were they looking for confirmation of its where-abouts?

Hi Rutland Girl. If you want to quote multiple posts at a time, click the button with the Quotation mark and a "+" symbol on it. It will turn orange. (you can click it a second time to deselect it) Then when you're ready to post, click the button that says "quote" on the final post you wish to quote, and it will add them all, with links to the original posts to your new post.

I hope that's helpful!

Hi Rutland Girl. If you want to quote multiple posts at a time, click the button with the Quotation mark and a "+" symbol on it. It will turn orange. (you can click it a second time to deselect it) Then when you're ready to post, click the button that says "quote" on the final post you wish to quote, and it will add them all, with links to the original posts to your new post.

I hope that's helpful!

Thank you for your help greenpalm - much appreciated.

@LittleMissContrary, why don't you send this map and your analysis to the incident room? They will be grateful for your research even if it turns out it has nothing to do with this case.

This little sweetie and her owner were searching for April
Isla:

Certainly, the hunt for April is blessed with some of the best tools available. Among them, three-year-old border collie Isla who last year was judged the most gifted canine in the UK for tracking missing people.

Isla, brought down from Wearside by owner Tony High, 40, is able to track "human air scent" from a dead or alive person from a quarter of a mile away. "She's outstanding at picking up a trail of skin cells," he said.

http://www.twsmrt.org.uk/pressReleases/releases.php?id=91
Teesdale & Weardale Search & Mountain Rescue Team (TWSMRT) based in County Durham now have an award winning search dog and handler within the team. Tony High from Penshaw, a team member for 6 years with his 2 1/2 year old border collie Isla have successfully completed a two year training and assessment programme organised by The Search & Rescue Dog Association (SARDA).
Not only were they successful in last weekends assessment but they won the Novice Shield which is awarded by SARDA England for outstanding performance by dog and handler throughout the assessment course. The achievement is even more outstanding as the shield has only been awarded 3 times in the last 10 years and never before to a dog and handler from the North East.

Tony said " It has taken us 2 years of hard work to get to this level. One of the hardest things is learning to read the signs the dog gives you when out searching and learning to have 100% trust that your dog is right".

Since starting training 2 years ago Tony and Isla have passed various assessments before spending 3 days in the Lake District on their final assessment. Tony said "We needed to search 5 large areas of the Lakeland Fells over 3 days, locate any casualties and be sure the area was clear when we had finished. Isla managed to locate all her casualties, I am very proud of her".

View attachment 27514

Wonderful! Go Isla! :great:

I don't know if there are any mercenary outfits working in places like Iraq, because if so it's a possible (if unlikely) explanation for why MB claims to have seen action there.

I don't know if there are any mercenary outfits working in places like Iraq, because if so it's a possible (if unlikely) explanation for why MB claims to have seen action there.

My understanding is that most of those guys are ex-military. And if it were the case, his family would know, and his squeeze at the time would have missed him :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stlemed19