Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LB, you misunderstood. I certainly wasn't doubting the authenticity of the FB page at all (websleuthers have already well verified this point having found the profile through people who have MB listed as a friend).

I am, however, questioning the authenticity of the profile pic ie. I'm not 100% convinced it is MB in the pic (even though he says it is), you know, his being a fantasist and all, and for the other reasons I posted.
Not that is matters if it's him in the pic or not. It still sends a message either way.

Gotcha :) you are so right. I do think the tatt on left arm is pretty conclusive.

Have police said they aren't seeking any other person in relation to the enquiry? Just interested to know. Seem to remember DS Bevan saying they weren't seeking any other vehicle but that was all.
If they have, I haven't heard, or read it.

Not sure why you've become so interested in the Toyota just because you've found it on google 'walkabout'. Neither you, nor anyone else, knows what the child witness does/doesn't know. No doubt by the time i've posted this, many will have said the same. Not having a go Paddy, just saying.
Very true, we don't know what the witness saw, but my point was, and perhaps I didn't explain it very well was with light fading and another small child concentrating on her friend getting into a vehicle, would she have paid full attention to the vehicle? My google search of the estate found this vehicle across the road from the garages where April was last seen. I'm not saying it is the vehicle, I'm just showing how a mistake could be made in the identification of a vehicle given the circumstances.

Image3.jpg

o/t - Is anyone finding they have to log in everytime they return to WS, even if on another site for just a minute or two, or when you refresh the page?

I have to log back in if the page is inactive for a while (not sure how long, but not hours). Maybe because I don't tick the 'remember me' box when I log in - because I don't want it to :)

Paddy, how do you get the photos to display in the large size instead of a thumbnail?

I have to log back in if the page is inactive for a while (not sure how long, but not hours). Maybe because I don't tick the 'remember me' box when I log in - because I don't want it to :)

Ah thanks, nor do I, you're most likely right.

Link from Photobucket.

Am I being blonde, or is something wrong with the 'post-counter' on our profiles? I thought it changed with each post you made.
Or, does it only count a new 'thread', not a reply to another post.
Not that it matters, :)

Am I being blonde, or is something wrong with the 'post-counter' on our profiles? I thought it changed with each post you made.
Or, does it only count a new 'thread', not a reply to another post.
Not that it matters, :)
Not sure I know what you mean. My post count has gone up.

Then we will agree to disagree.
I tend to agree with you. I'm kinda in a weird spot - almost moving backwards when it comes to criminal justice. I'm from Wisconsin where we have an open, internet accessible SO registry and some of our higher profile trials have garnered huge media attention. (Milwaukee=Jeffrey Dahmer. Sad but true we used to buy chocolate every Christmas at Ambrosia - the now defunct company Dahmer worked for.) I had friends who knew a few of his victims very well. I also had a friend raped and murdered leaving school when she was 15 years old by two kids her age and I was married to someone who now finds himself on that SO registry.

A couple months after I moved here I read a case in a broadsheet about a man who raped an 18 month old and was sentenced for (I kid not) 3 months. I was sickened. I was also shocked there was no registry available when hubby explained why. And that's where it becomes foreign for me because acts of violent vigilantism are rare for my hometown even with open access.

After a few years of pondering this phenomenon I truly believe that if sentencing were more severe here - both for offenders and vigilantes - most of the problem would be eradicated. Society becomes angry at acts of injustice. When sex offenders target our most helpless and vulnerable only to be met with a slap on the wrist people will undoubtedly react.

I'll get off the soapbox now - just wanted to lend my views having lived with both sides of the issue. :blushing: JMO and FWIW

Just wanted to make an observation on how useful it is to let parents know about registered sex offenders in their area. Isn't there a risk that it could lead to a false sense of security if none are flagged up in your area? Surely for every one that is registered, there are several more just starting out? Or ones visiting from other areas.

Ther's a lot of bad stuff happening in Wales at the moment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-20012446

I just posted on the thread for the missing Irish vet, Catherine Gowing. Her flatmate's boyfriend is charged with murder. Still haven't found her, only the burned out car near a quarry pool.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s/4599390/Cath-pal-boyfriend-on-kill-rap.html

THE boyfriend of Irish vet Catherine Gowing’s housemate will appear in court today charged with her murder.
Clive Sharpe, 46, of Gwynedd, Wales, is due before a judge this morning.

Catherine, 37, originally from Clonlee, Co Offaly, went missing from Mold — where she lived in North Wales — last Friday.

Prosecutor Karen Dixon said last night: “We’ve concluded there is sufficient evidence to charge Clive Sharpe with the murder of Catherine Gowing and that it is in the public interest to do so.

“Accordingly we have authorised the North Wales Police to charge the defendant and he will appear before Mold Magistrates’ Court tomorrow morning.”

Detective Superintendent John Hanson added: “We’ll do all that is conceivably possible to find Catherine and return her to her family. That’s still our priority.”

Just wanted to make an observation on how useful it is to let parents know about registered sex offenders in their area. Isn't there a risk that it could lead to a false sense of security if none are flagged up in your area? Surely for every one that is registered, there are several more just starting out? Or ones visiting from other areas.

I think you'd want to know if they were next door or close by. At least if you manage the known risks, it's better than no precautions at all.

I know children refer to half-siblings sometimes as 'step', but does an adult??

Not sure I know what you mean. My post count has gone up.

I figured out the post count only goes up if you make a new post, not when you 'reply and quote' another person's. Scoop of the week, not. :) Must stop watching Morse.

Very true, we don't know what the witness saw, but my point was, and perhaps I didn't explain it very well was with light fading and another small child concentrating on her friend getting into a vehicle, would she have paid full attention to the vehicle? My google search of the estate found this vehicle across the road from the garages where April was last seen. I'm not saying it is the vehicle, I'm just showing how a mistake could be made in the identification of a vehicle given the circumstances.

Image3.jpg

Well yes of course mistakes can be made, and I take your point particularly in relation to young children and the identification of vehicles. Can I just say the change in the intial description of the vehicle from van to LHD Land Rover, niggled at me too, so there are a few things I hope we get to find out at trial, should it go that far.

What doesn't jive for me is: 1)the very fact the Toyota is so close to the garages, that wouldn't be lost on police if it is in fact still in the area 2)it could have been on a visit to the area 3)it's pretty distinctive and bulky and if of the area, would be known to children playing around there, particularly with that roof rack and 4)I honestly think it's pretty far fetched, jmo and no offence intended.

O/t but important, I know there's no rhyme nor reason for it, simply (!) evil people doing evil things at the same time, poor Wales is being hit by so much tragedy at the minute. It's anger inducing and most awfully sad for the victims. Hoping all go on to recover, of course, but the thought of those 7 poor children makes me weep, not forgetting little April. Thinking of all in Wales today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mhmkay..