Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, yes there is Glaslyn, but again it's another needle in a gigantic haystack. Anyway, wouldn't it have been easier to dispose of a body in Llyn Clywedog (lake)? It's far steeper than Glaslyn, so suitably weighted it would go pretty deep quite quickly. That B road goes right past it so it's quite accessible. It would be pretty difficult to get rid of anything in Glaslyn, especially late at night. I wouldn't like to go walking in/around it during the day.

Glaslyn is quite difficult to get to, as you say. I ruined a good shirt there a few years ago while volunteering with the Montgomeryshire Wildlife Trust. We were cutting back the Rhododendron and making bonfires out of the stuff. I got singed. So did my shirt.

Clywedog is a reservoir and the level becomes quite low in drought, and also when flooding endangers the towns further down the Severn, water is drained out slowly to avoid a huge overspill. Clywedog's water level is currently low as flooding is likely. Yes, the road goes right past it, but who would take a chance dumping there knowing that the levels fluctuate?
Also, campervans overnight there sometimes - too risky to drive all the way there and risk being seen. IMO Clywedog IS a possibility, but not an obvious choice.

Clywedog is a reservoir and the level becomes quite low in drought, and also when flooding endangers the towns further down the Severn, water is drained out slowly to avoid a huge overspill. Clywedog's water level is currently low as flooding is likely. Yes, the road goes right past it, but who would take a chance dumping there knowing that the levels fluctuate?
Also, campervans overnight there sometimes - too risky to drive all the way there and risk being seen. IMO Clywedog IS a possibility, but not an obvious choice.

The theory is that water is drained out in dry periods and retained in wet ones, but experience shows it's the other way round - water's released when the Severn's in flood. To everyone's consternation. But I digress. (In 6th form I attended a talk on its construction - most interesting.)

The chances are that AJ got swept out to sea from the Dyfi, but it's peculiar that she hasn't been spotted on a beach somewhere.

I'm sorry but this is just so misleading. That article cites no source for a start but simply states 30 children under 18 have been 'lost'.

Missing children statistics often include runaways, abandoned children, parental abductions that do not fall under the legal definition of abduction, as well as stereotypical stranger abductions. Stranger abductions by all available research (I was unable to locate statistics specific to Portugal) remain low pretty much globally in comparison to children abducted by someone they know.
Like most crime statistics, abduction numbers are fungible since they depend so much on whether the crime gets reported and how you define abduction. Saying a child is "missing" can mean any number of things; a child who has run away from home counts the same as a kidnapped murder victim. For officials, the total number includes those who fall into several different categories: family abduction, nonfamily abduction, runaways, throwaways (abandoned children), or lost and "otherwise missing" children.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2007/01/800000_missing_kids_really.html

If you put some info in this site, there are far more missing in the UK.

Many of whom turn out to be teenagers who have run away from home because they can't stand an over-bearing step parent, or who have been taken by a divorced parent who has been denied access by a jealous ex.

I really do think we are straying from the purpose of the thread.

There was another witness report of seeing MB waiting for bus about 10.00am, locals on here say the stop is closest to the mechanic workshop. I realise that doesn't mean the LR wasn't picked up by towie and he went with it, but time frame might assist. If LR gave up after 9:15 when witness heard the gear crunching etc, would a tow truck turn up that quickly, load LR and have it to workshop in time for MB to be waiting for a bus back home by 10:00am? (Unlikely here in capital city but I'm asking because I don't know about Mach)

I am the 'local' who posted that the bus stop outside the bus depot was close to the repair workshop, and I do think that there's a possibility that the vehicle could have been recovered quickly. If it broke down when the bang happened as told by the witness at the bridge in Ceinws then the vehicle would possibly have been a road hazard and needed to be recovered right away. The repair shop was only approx 4 miles away. We were told that MB was formerly a mechanic - maybe that's where he had worked, or he knew people working there and they would come swiftly.

It would explain to some extent the extremely detailed search that went on in the River Dulas (North) right by the Ceinws bridge. Maybe cargo had to be dumped in a hurry only to come back to it later (on bus). Perhaps the dogs alerted to something there.

This is all hypothesis, but I'm not ruling it out as a possibility.

jmo.

The quotation was from Glen Lewis who "said Mr Bridger had also harvested trees on forestry land close to Machynlleth."

http://www.lbc.co.uk/april-jones-profile-of-suspect-mark-bridger-60821

The most likely area would be the Forestry Commission's plantation at Tan Y Coed, which is immediately opposite MB's cottage in Ceinws (although I don't get the impression that he was still working in forestry when he moved there):

http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/ourwoods.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/WalesGwyneddDyfiTanyCoedTanyCoedTanyCoed

Jigzy may know of other areas.

Gosh, the forested areas in Wales are vast. Could have worked anywhere that was being cleared. Goes in rotation dependent on where the trees are mature.

Areas could include:

Coed-y-Brenin to the North (translates as King's Wood)
Hafren Forest to the South (Hafren is the Welsh word for Severn)

Gosh, the forested areas in Wales are vast. Could have worked anywhere that was being cleared. Goes in rotation dependent on where the trees are mature.

Areas could include:

The FC kept my father and his elder brother in gainful employment for many years. My uncle used to live in Ceinws. His recollection of the forested area around Corris is that it's difficult terrain. One way of putting it.

Three weeks ago tonight...

Areas could include:

Might it be worth asking mountain bikers to be vigilant? The mountains of Wales are a magnet to them.

Well, if they have the right man, it is unlikely to be. On the other hand...
I really don't see the Provisional IRA obeying the dictates of Jimmy Savile.

Who knows though. This case still has far to go.

I'm not sure about this. Wouldn't one of LE's first questions to AJ's parents be whether they were aware of anyone locally who might have made threats, hold a grudge against them or have acted inappropriately towards AJ at any point in the past? If there was any prior history involving MB then surely this would have emerged very early on?

At the noon press conference the next day LE were still extremely vague about what exactly they were looking for. A couple of hours later, however, and they were actively seeking a specific individual. What evidence came to light between noon and the time of MB's arrest? Would the fact that MB drives a LHD LRD be sufficient to warrant his arrest as a person of interest?

Finding his vehicle at the repair shop, dogs alerting to body fluids/cadaverine perhaps?

jmo.

Well, if they have the right man, it is unlikely to be. On the other hand...

On the other hand...it seems that that area of Wales has more than it's fair share of attempted and child abductions by men in small white vans in the past 8 weeks, at least one of which then turned out to be a dark blue Land Rover and all being investigated by the same force. Very unpleasant and quite frankly, very odd. Hopefully parents will guard their children like hawks.

Sara Howdle, who says she is the childs godmother said “Call Machynlleth police if you know anything, huge police search in progress.”

Is S.H. the godmother or is it M.R.? Just curious about the discrepancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member