Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #6 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
folks: stop discussing facebook friends of the perp. They are not connected to this case.

So ummm.....any ideas as to where April might be?

I think she must be fairly close to where she was last seen. Remember her last words to her friend as she got into the vehicle, "its okay I know them." How many people does the average 5 year old know? I wouldn't imagine she has many long distance friends, so its someone local and that would lean me towards thinking that if she's dead she would have hidden within the perp's comfort zone.

Or in short, I agree with Paddywhack - within a mile or two of her home.

I think she must be fairly close to where she was last seen. Remember her last words to her friend as she got into the vehicle, "its okay I know them." How many people does the average 5 year old know? I wouldn't imagine she has many long distance friends, so its someone local and that would lean me towards thinking that if she's dead she would have hidden within the perp's comfort zone.

There are so many if's, what's and why's that it is numbing.

The front grill on MB's car alone raises many questions. Was it covered to protect the engine from water, was it covered to hide the reg plate, was it covered because he ran April over and dented the front, was he driving through woodland and hit a tree a large boulder etc

Do we even know if it was MB who covered it, or was the garage or the police?

I recall the first time this picture came up someone said it could be paper from forensics to keep any dirt, etc evidence from falling from the front. I agree with that reasoning myself.

Who knows, child crimes are so vile that sometimes we don't want to accept the obvious, we don't want to accept that people can be so evil. I don't know if MB is guilty, or not.

I recall the first time this picture came up someone said it could be paper from forensics to keep any dirt, etc evidence from falling from the front. I agree with that reasoning myself.

Maybe , but would Forensics take the risk of contaminating possible evidence by placing something from an external source on the car?

If MB put it there did he do it that morning or was it on his car when others saw at the school, any ideas ?

It explains why the police are still searching and why they are prepared to put a 7 year old on the stand. A back-up plan if you will.

I genuinely believe if they have solid evidence like DNA or blood that shows he murdered April they wouldn't have need to call up a 7 year old to testify (or indeed bother filing abduction/perverting justice charges). As someone pointed out earlier, it would only get a conviction for abduction.

I hope my cynicism is proved wrong.

Guess we all read things differently,

The trial has to start somewhere, there is a witness to the abduction, without this witness statement, where should the trial start? are the prosecution really going to say 'oh yes, lets cut to the chase, drop the abduction witness & go straight to the evidence?'

The purpose of a trial (hope you know what I mean) is to show events unfolding.

Personally I think, evidence showing indication of murder would be further strengthened by evidence of abduction by witness (whatever their age)

The prosecution will want to strengthen their case & not throw the 'baby out with the bathwater' so to speak.

BBM.

Is it confirmed that is exactly what April said? Because "them" could be significant.

Also, Detective Bevan .... When he said they'd been looking for MB, because they knew he was in the area, did they mean the school (parents evening) or the estate?

BBM.

Is it confirmed that is exactly what April said? Because "them" could be significant.

No, it hasn't been confirmed that those were the exact words, afaik. Nor would I necessarily attach any significance to "them", even if they were her exact words. Children aren't all that precise about pronouns, in many cases nor are adults.

Eg, I've noticed that people tend to use them if they don't know the sex of an individual. If the child witness couldn't remember whether April said him or her, she could have substituted the word them herself.

Also, Detective Bevan .... When he said they'd been looking for MB, because they knew he was in the area, did they mean the school (parents evening) or the estate?

My own opinion:
I think they didn't know (at that time) that he had moved to Ceinws. I don't think he spent much time actually in the house that night. I think he returned to the house Tues morning to collect something significant (that the LE are now seeking near Ceinws) then left again.

I recall hearing on Tuesday morning (2nd Oct), prior to leaving for work, that the LE thought that the child had entered a vehicle on the drivers' side or that it was a left hand drive. (Some here posted that this did not get released by LE until after 12 noon that day - but I certainly recall this at breakfast). So he would have known they were seeking his vehicle.

Perhaps the vehicle was not broken as such, but rather just stashed at the repair shop to keep attention away from Ceinws. I think he realised they were seeking his vehicle and dumped it, got the bus back up the valley possibly to where he had left a black bag.

imo, things moved swiftly after the Sheen report to LE. The LE sealed off the valley at both ends and moved in on him. They knew he was 'in the area'. Realising the inevitable, he walked back to Mach along the road.

I think a weapon will be found in that valley, but the remains possibly elsewhere much further away (disposed of during the night). The Cambrian Mountains are vast.....

jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member