Deceased/Not Found UK - April Jones, 5, Machynlleth, Wales, 1 Oct 2012 #7 *M. Bridger guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I also feel there is far more to come. For the trial estimated to take this long, I just wonder how this will pan out. It seems to me that even after what has been said today, not enough conclusive evidence has been found at the house. However, hard as it may be, he did have (or could get hold of) equipment to dismember a body. Really shudder with this one.

Alot of people thought alot of things didnt add up in this case from early on. But sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. We shall see.

Must admit I dont think much of his reason for searching for naked five year olds online in order to see how his daughter was developing???
red flag?

Alot of people thought alot of things didnt add up in this case from early on. But sometimes reality is stranger than fiction. We shall see.

Must admit I dont think much of his reason for searching for naked five year olds online in order to see how his daughter was developing???
red flag?

Yep, rubbish

I'm rather surprised anyone could actually still wonder about this evil guy's guilt. Even with all the information with have now...

I think he'd been grooming her for a long time, taking her on trips in his car, gaining her trust. I also think he'd been building up fantasies by watching child *advertiser censored* and reading about other child murder cases. Then one day he decided to take her, rape and murder her and dispose of her the best he could. He seems to have done a good job of the latter apart from leaving blood and bone evidence in his house.
I hope he rots.

Having horrible thoughts so my apologies but i wonder if he dismembered her(or started to) in the house and then tried to burn away the remains but realized that that wasn't going to work so he then disposed of the remains elsewhere?. Could that be the reason for the sustained search?.

Also he used to work in an abattoir, if he could get access to the place and depending on what machines they had then finding any remains would be impossible.

I do hate to think along these lines.

Having horrible thoughts so my apologies but i wonder if he dismembered her(or started to) in the house and then tried to burn away the remains but realized that that wasn't going to work so he then disposed of the remains elsewhere?. Could that be the reason for the sustained search?.

Also he used to work in an abattoir, if he could get access to the place and depending on what machines they had then finding any remains would be impossible.

All very possible Scotspaddy very sad.

O/T Great to have a local to me post here Hi.

Horrible case. I wondered if they did dna test on the bone fragments found. Can they do this? I think no, because why was it reported that experts said it could have come from a human juvenile?

I think investigators would have been able to get a good DNA from the bone fragments because of the short time span between when April disappeared & when police found the blood & bone fragments.

Aussie case of Daniel Morcombe...he disappeared December 2003, his remains weren't found until August 2011. After eight years they were able to identify Daniel's bones through DNA.

November 28, 2012

A scientist from the Victorian Institute of Forensic Medicine has told the Brisbane Magistrates Court how she matched DNA from Daniel Morcombe's family to DNA from bones found in the Glass House Mountains.

The court also heard from New Zealand DNA expert Catherine McGovern, who matched DNA from Daniel's toothbrush to the bones

http://www.news.com.au/national-new...es/story-fncynjr2-1226525265273#ixzz2S1KHrSeo

His excuses are very weak, and while the evidence does not look completely strong, when you put it all together, the question remains, he admitted to putting her in his car. Where is she. You wouldn't dismember a child if it was an accident unless of course you had something to hide. He's despicable IMO.

I'm rather surprised anyone could actually still wonder about this evil guy's guilt. Even with all the information with have now...

I think what people are wondering about is whether the prosecution can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty of murder (as opposed to manslaughter or negligence). The fact that they can't definitely say the bone fragments found in his house are human is troubling to me.

It is a horrible thought, but I do think you are right.... he was obviously wanting to remove evidence quickly and I believe AJs body, probably in parts, was put down one of the old disused mine shafts, where it will never be found.
I think he would not have had the time or ability to gain access to the abattoir.

I think what people are wondering about is whether the prosecution can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he is guilty of murder (as opposed to manslaughter or negligence). The fact that they can't definitely say the bone fragments found in his house are human is troubling to me.

I thought it was said that the bone fragments were consistent with the skull of a juvenile ?

I thought it was said that the bone fragments were consistent with the skull of a juvenile ?

Yes that's correct. From yesterday's reports...

Ms Evans told the court that bone fragments found in fire ashes at his home were consistent with those of a juvenile human skull, according to experts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-22353735

Small burnt fragments of bones were found. Because they had been subject to high temperatures it had not been possible to identify the fragments but experts believed they were from a human "juvenile".

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/30/april-jones-murder-sexually-motivated-court

I have to say, I am confused. Fragments? Are they talking about fragments that are not visible to the human eye?

I actually think that the prosecution do not have much to go on, and might end up with a manslaughter case. Does anyone agree with me?

Even though it appears obvious that he is guilty and responsible.

Hi Greg, Hi Josie

Alyce, for some reason i dont think he would have disposed of her down a disused mineshaft, i think if he knew about a shaft then another local would also know about disused shafts and i guess they would have been checked?. On the flip side, if he did i dont think all the remains would be down one shaft, bit daft dismembering then dumping everything together.

I agree he may not have had access to the abattoir although if it was fairly rural then i dont think there would be much security, also he may not have needed to get in as such but onto the grounds of the abattoir because im sure they would have waste tanks etc.

This morning's Tweets from @stevenmorris20:

#markbridger jury being shown images he allegedly looked at on his computer the day before #apriljones disappeared.

Images include explicit cartoon and also decent image of schoolgirl wearing birthday badge. #markbridger #apriljones

Jury now being told about movements of #markbridger on the day he allegedly killed #apriljones

#markbridger jury hearing of text messages that show he had just broken up with a girlfriend. She tells him: try to be happy....

#markbridger replies to ex girlfriend: I'm still in love with you. See you around. She says: I do love you....just can't do it...

Jury now seeing images of #markbridger on day of #apriljones disappearance. He had longer hair and a beard than when arrested, court told.

#markbridger - at 11.46 he told employer he wasn't coming into work. He asks her for day off to "get my head round things."

At noon #markbridger went on computer. Asked woman out for a drink. Then began saving Facebook images of local girl, court told.

At 12.11pm on day #apriljones vanished #markbridger allegedly viewed explicit cartoon image of girl apparently being forced to have sex.

By 1.17pm #markbridger had left his home in Ceinws and gone into Machynlleth. Drew out twenty pounds. Went into shop.

#markbridger goes back home and is on computer. Asks a number of women out on date. Also allegedly views image of girl in school dress.

Now hearing movements of #apriljones on day she vanished. She went to swimming lesson while mum and dad went to school parents' evening.

CCTV images of #apriljones and friend being shown from leisure centre where she went swimming. Wearing white top. #markbridger

#markbridger drove back into Mach at around 4.30pm on day #apriljones vanished. Went to same school parents evening as #apriljones parents.

#markbridger left school at about 5.45pm. Stopped and spoke to 10yr old friend of his daughter and invited her to sleepover, pros claims.

#markbridger drives on but stays in area, jury told. Seen parked opposite primary school. Bridger denies abduction, murder. #apriljones

Prosecution claims #markbridger parks up near garages where April last seen at about 7.15pm on Oct 1. #apriljones

Pros claims #markbridger driving out of town at 7.20pm - with April in car. Witness says he was driving fast. Heading north.

The 999 call reporting that #apriljones was missing was made at 7.29pm. #markbridger nods when details of timings given.

Prosecutor on #markbridger: Where did he go? Where did he take April?Witness says Bridger reversed on to his drive at 8.30pm, court told.

#markbridger trial. At 22.59 friend texts him to wish him "sweet dreams." Bridger replies at 23.57 and signs of with a kiss, court told.

Pros asks: Was that before or after April had died? Before or after her blood was deposited around the house? We don't know. Short break.

Next sighting of #markbridger Oct 2 - day after April vanished, trial hears. Coming down small bank near layby close to river just before 9.

#markbridger was carrying black bin bag, pros claims. What was in the bin bag? prosecutor asks. Police searches found nothing there.

Court hears that #markbridger was told he had been seen near river. Said he had been there to "have a wee".

Jury hears that Bridger later claimed that if April's DNA was found on his penis this "wee" could be the explanation. #markbridger

@evansma:

Prosecution say Bridger told police he had gone to the loo after carrying the body of #AprilJones following running her over.

Prosecution say this was because he was "forensically aware" and wanted give an excuse if any DNA was found on his penis #AprilJones

Jury are told no DNA was found on his penis but there were traces in the crotch area of his tracksuit bottoms. #AprilJones

CCTV from the day after #AprilJones disappeared shows that Bridger had shaved off his beard and cut his hair since the day before.

@JerryLawton:

Bridger checked LRover into garage morning after #apriljones vanished and told mechanics he was going to join search for her, pros say

Bridger told people he had "been out all night" searching for #apriljones

@evansma:

Bridger told some people he met while out walking his dog on Oct 2 that he had been out all night searching for #AprilJones

Others he told he had only just learned of her disappearance.

@stevenmorris20:

Police helicopter searching for #apriljones happens to catch #markbridger out walking dog. Video of him shown to jury.

#markbridger told an ex partner he was out looking for April the day after he allegedly abducted and killed her. #apriljones

Police got to #markbridger house at 3pm, jury told. He was suspect by now. They were searching house for April. Bridger not there.

Police found #markbridger house "uncomfortably hot", smell of detergent and of clean clothes, court told. #apriljones

#markbridger when he was arrested the defendant said: I know what it's all about, court told. Police officer: where is she?

@evansma:

When Bridger was arrested he told police he had accidentally crushed her in his Land Rover but did not know what he had done with the body.

He claimed he had tried to revive her using mouth to mouth but her body was lifeless. #AprilJones

@stevenmorris20:

#markbridger told police: it was an accident. "I have been looking for her all night...I need to say sorry to her family", court told.

Bridger told police he could not remember what he did with body. He had looked for #apriljones in his house and car... #markbridger...

#markbridger said he thought he would have put #apriljones body "out of the wet." April's parents watch from public gallery.

Hi Greg, Hi Josie

Alyce, for some reason i dont think he would have disposed of her down a disused mineshaft, i think if he knew about a shaft then another local would also know about disused shafts and i guess they would have been checked?. On the flip side, if he did i dont think all the remains would be down one shaft, bit daft dismembering then dumping everything together.

I agree he may not have had access to the abattoir although if it was fairly rural then i dont think there would be much security, also he may not have needed to get in as such but onto the grounds of the abattoir because im sure they would have waste tanks etc.

I am trying to remember back to last October/November and what was said by the police..... I think it was said that there were plenty of disused mine shafts in the area and that it would be impossible to search them all.
I agree that if this was used as the disposal site, then he would have used more than one...

Re the abattoir, yes good point, only needs to get to the waste tank area...

From the sound of this morning's testimony by the Prosecution, the disposal was done overnight because the next morning at 10.30am he is out walking his dogs....

The fact that he came up with an excuse for why April's DNA may be found on his penis, makes me want to heave. I really couldn't be on this jury!

The fact that he came up with an excuse for why April's DNA may be found on his penis, makes me want to heave. I really couldn't be on this jury!

I would have no problem...in fact my mind would have already been made up. Discusting human being imo:burn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member