GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Social workers 'did not see bruises'
Judge Wall moves on to the period after the first national lockdown on March 23, last year.

He says the jury may find the events of mid-April 'significant', when Joanne Hughes discovered the bruises on Arthur's back, which she photographed and reported to social services.

The Judge refers to the evidence of social workers Jayne Kavanagh and Angela Scarlett-Coppage who did not see the bruises during their visit on April 17 - around 26 hour later.

Judge Wall: "You will have to decide what you make of that evidence or whether it's an anomaly you set to one side.

"Are they people who went there and saw something but didn't realise the significance of it and brushed it off? Or do they wish they had done more?

"The long and short of it is you know the bruises were there."

He reminds the jury of the claim Arthur that made a disclosure to his nan and uncle that Tustin had grabbed his cheeks, shoved him against the wall and called him an 'ugly horrible brat'

Judge Wall refers to the various accounts of the Hughes family members about that period.

He also mentions the fight between Arthur and Tustin's son which caused Hughes to take him back to his parents' home in the first place.

Hughes told Tustin to put Arthur 'out with the rubbish'
Judge Wall now addresses the period after April 16 when Hughes and Arthur were back at Tustin's home.

He states Tustin started making audio clips of Arthur crying, which included him calling for his uncle Blake and nan, as well as saying 'no-one loves me'.

The Judge tells the jury that Tusitn would send the recordings to Hughes.

He reads out examples from the typical text exchanges between the defendants at that time, including how they called Arthur Satan and 'c***'.

Judge Wall reminds the court that Hughes said he would 'go to town' on Arthur, 'end him' while he told Tustin to 'put him out with the rubbish'.

He says: "You will have to decide if they were genuine threats meted out to or about Arthur, or are they no more than fruity, forceful language that do not portray any desire Arthur should be hit or hurt."

“Like” doesn’t do justice to your comment. I have hardly slept in days thinking of the poor child. The sheer number of appalling sufferings that Arthur was simultaneously undergoing is mind-boggling.

The saddest thing for me, is that because you can only hold two or three thoughts in your head at one time… They would have kept re-occurring to him.

If you have a broken leg, you have a broken leg. That is an awful injury, but something you will recover from and you can focus on it and it is a finite limited single trauma.

But for poor Arthur as each bruise and hunger pang and thirst and poison and confusion and loneliness and terror and abandonment and imprisonment and loss and organ failure came back into his mind in a vicious sequence, it must have been terrible to realise again and again his predicament. Not to mention the raw fear of what is next to come, something worse again.

That vicious sequence of his relentless hellish reality was demonstrated in how repetitive he was in the video where he keeps crying “No one loves me” and “no one’s going to feed me” over and over again.

It was like a his mind was in an eternal loop of hell.

It must have been such gut wrenching grief for Arthur to realise his dad didn’t just not love him anymore, but hated him to the point of wanting to hurt and destroy him in every possible way.

Did he complain of a headache prior to his fatal assault ?????

I think I missed that

Did they hit his head the day before too??
I'll just add all the quotes from the trial about his headache - since I have the trial blog currently open. Sorry the dates are not in order. Just want to add that I haven't read any corroborating evidence that he hit his head on the concrete outside, it seems to be based on ET's word and the defence barristers are running with it because both their clients whacked Arthur around the head -

"Ms Prior says Arthur woke up around 3am on June 16 complaining of a headache. She reminds Hughes he had fallen over and banged his head outside Catherine Milhench's home the previous day."

Living room footage is played showing Hughes go down to Arthur in the middle of the night.

Hughes says he 'can't remember' if he had a headache and he did not see him bang his head but had been told that he had.

Ms Prior puts it to him by that stage he ignored Arthur if he said he had a headache.

Hughes: "No."

Ms Prior states Arthur was 'screaming' at Catherine Milhench's home on the morning of June 16.

--

The court is played the footage from the evening of June 15 which shows Tustin bend down and swipe her hand at the back of Arthur's head.

Tustin accepts at that moment she suspected Arthur may have had a headache and concussion from falling and hitting his head on the concrete earlier in the day.

Mr Richmond asks why she slapped him in the exact place she thought he was suffering pain.

Tustin: "At that point I didn't know the extent of it. I just thought he was being difficult. Looking back I can see more clearly he was ill and weak. In that situation I thought Arthur was being difficult. That behaviour was every single day.

"I didn't know how bad his head was hurting. I didn't know if he had a headache, I didn't see it. I accept I shouldn't have done these things."

Judge Wall asks Tustin to explain why she hit Arthur's head.

Tustin: "I don't know. I cant explain the reason why I did that."

--

The court is played living room footage from around 9pm on June 15. Tustin is in the room, she bends down and slaps Arthur to the back of the head.

Tustin explains to the court she thought Arthur was 'messing about taking the p*** walking into the kitchen'.

She adds: "Again seeing the footage it looks as if he's got a headache or ear ache, he's tilting his head to the side. I see he's clearly unsteady on his feet."

Tustin asks to take a quick toilet break.

When she returns Ms Prior asks her about her text message to Hughes where she said Arthur had '*advertiser censored*** himself on the floor'.

Tustin: "What we've all just watched, it doesn't look like Arthur intentionally *advertiser censored**** himself on the floor. It looks like he's unsteady and lost his balance."

--

Mon 15th

Ms Ellin moves on to Tustin's second interview which took place on June 19, last year, and lasted nearly two hours.

The officer asks if she was 'concerned' for Arthur. Tustin replied that she was, and that she had also been concerned about him on the Monday when he was complaining about a headache but that 'Tom said it was nothing'.

--

Tustin turned to the events of Tuesday, June 16. She recalled the first thing Arthur said was 'I've got a headache' but that Hughes' response was 'tough s***' because he had 'thrown himself around'.

--

15th -

Tustin said: "Arthur went to bed complaining about a headache. Tom didn't really care. I couldn't sleep, I'd had such a bad day. I was overthinking everything."

--

Tustin recalled her visit to her hairdresser Catherine Milhench's home on June 15, last year.

She said as she walked to the taxi at around 10.15am Arthur 'threw himself on the floor head first and bashed his head'.

--
16th:

Ms Milhench says: "I was doing Emma's hair. I can't remember how it started. Tom was in there, he shut the door and Arthur started screaming. I turned around and said 'what's going on?'

"She said 'pressure pointing him'. I said 'pressure pointing?'. She said 'yeah because it hurts'.

--
15th:

She describes what happened when Hughes arrived at her home.

"He had him by the scruff of the neck and closed the door to the hallway so it was just the two of them in there. Calling him a little c*** and language."

Ms Milhench then tells the court what she saw outside as they left her home.

"I remember Arthur falling to the floor. None of them helped. He just collapsed and fell into the car."

Asked how Tustin and Hughes reacted she says: "All quite rushed. I just remember them rushing off pushing him into the car."

--

Part of the recording of the van conversation is played where Hughes said to Tustin he hit Arthur with a slipper.

Van recording - "Hughes: "I hit him with a slipper and he bashed his head off the door. I squeezed him."

cross-examination - "Hughes denies he actually did."

--

Hughes told the officer what happened when he arrived at the hairdresser's home. (15th)

He said: "I had the slipper in my hand. He was facing the front door. I came in. When he was like 'I haven't done anything', I wish I put the slipper down. My next question would have been 'why have you tried to hit people?'. Basically I didn't give him a chance to explain himself.

"I had a story of what happened. He was telling me a different story. So I hit him with it, the bottom of it. After I calmed down I felt ashamed. I basically hit him with a weapon."

Hughes confirmed it 'took Arthur by surprise' and he 'bashed his head' on part of the door.

He described the force he used as 'five-and-a-half to six out of 10'.

--

We move to June 16. Mr Hankin reminds the court this is the day Arthur would later collapse from fatal injuries.

A living room clip at 3.07am shows Arthur wake up before Hughes comes into the room and then leaves.

Arthur woke up again shortly after 8.30am. Mr Hankin plays more footage and says: "Arthur wakes up and stands. He appears to be struggling to fold his duvet. He appears to be crying and struggling on his feet. He drags his duvet on the floor out of the living room."

--

15th

At 8.56pm Hughes left the home. Two minutes later Arthur walks into the living room. Mr Hankin says he appears to stumble and fall.

He tells the court: "Emma Tustin smacks him to the head and pulls him up from the floor."

[...]

At 11.25pm Arthur appears to wake up. His arm moves as he rolls onto his back. Hughes enters the room wearing a dressing gown, before he makes his way into the kitchen.

After a few moments Tustin emerges from the hallway and walks into the kitchen. She then reappears on the camera and exits the room back to the hall. Hughes walks back into the kitchen.

He then comes back into the living room, bends down and appears to speak to Arthur before walking out to the hallway.

--

Sat 13th

He plays CCTV from 8.54am which he says shows Arthur picking up his duvet and carrying it to the hallway. The prosecutor points to his facial expression.

"It suggests he's in pain or struggling to pick up the duvet."

Mr Hankin describes the following six-minute living room clip, from 11.29am, before playing it to the court.

Tustin and Hughes can be seen walking back and forth in and out of the living room before Arthur appears to walk from the hallway to the kitchen following Hughes.

They then return to the living room. Arthur stands with his back to the camera. Hughes bends down, puts his head close to Arthur's and slaps the side of his head. Arthur walks towards the hallway.

A few moments later Arthur appears in the living room again. Tustin walks past him. As she does so Arthur appears to flinch and quickly take a step to his left. He is then seen walking towards the kitchen crying.

Arthur briefly walks back into the living room, still crying, before walking into the kitchen. He then walks through the living room into the hallway.

--

The expert states Arthur also had an 'isolated' nerve fibre injury in his brain which was caused one or two days before the other head injuries.

Prosecutor Jonas Hankin turns to the cerebral vein thrombosis (CTV) - blood clot - in Arthur's brain.

Dr du Plessis tells the court he had blood clots in the major brain vein, the sagittal sinus.

He says: "They show evidence of the body being able to respond to it, there must have been survival of a few days. They couldn't have occurred on June 16 they must have pre-dated it, probably between two to three days before.

"This has happened before he became critically unwell. They must have an explanation separate to what happened on the 16th."

Dr du Plessis puts the thrombosis down to a combination of dehydration and raised sodium levels.

'Daddy's going to throw me out the window'
Judge Wall turns to the account of Tustin's step-father John Dutton, who said it came to a point when he told Tustin not to bring Arthur around anymore because of the way Hughes treated him.

Mr Dutton had said Arthur was never naughty at his home but was made to sit on a chair and stay still like a 'zombie', by Hughes.

Returning to the chronological order of events the judge continues to relay some of the text exchanges between Hughes and Tustin during May.

The jury is reminded that Hughes sent a picture of a Taser saying he would 'thwack' Arthur with it, and also searched for 'pressure points' on his phone.

Judge Wall tells the court on May 23 Arthur was recorded saying 'daddy's going to throw me out the window', that he was going to kill himself and that Hughes would kill him.

He tells the jury it will be for them to decide if Tustin accurately reported Arthur's behaviour to Hughes, or if she exaggerated it or even made it up.

Judge Wall says Arthur was recorded saying he hated Tustin

Hughes seen on camera slapping Arthur around neck
The judge moves on to some of the events of the following month including the fact Arthur spent more than 14 hours in the hallway on June 12, and similar periods on the two days immediately after.

He reminds the court Hughes was captured on camera slapping Arthur around the back of the neck.

Judge Wall now recounts the events of June 15 and 16, telling the court Tustin took Arthur with her to the home of her hairdresser Catherine Milhench.

The jury is reminded of Ms Milhench's description of Arthur, in which she stated he appeared 'skeletal'. She had also said Tustin appeared obsessed with Arthur's behaviour, shouted at him repeatedly and referred to him as 'c***'.

Ms Milhench did not recall seeing Arthur push Tustin down her stairs, like Tustin had claimed

Poor Arthur seems to been at the most vulnerable age.

Old enough to understand very well what was happening to him. And that understanding must have brought more psychological pain than what a much younger child would have experienced. Old enough and strong enough to be able to stand all day, and withstand, to a degree, such atrocities.

But not old enough to be seen as having reached the age of reason, as he was unable to convince others of his predicament. He was caught at just the worst possible age.

In my opinion -

The fatal assault on Arthur, with intention, meets the definition of murder.

The injuries to his brain and spinal cord, and the blunt force trauma, as well as the bleeding in his brain which showed a day or two of healing, caused by salt poisoning, and restricted water intake, ignoring his requests for a doctor when he was suffering with headache through his last night on the concrete floor - and instead ramping up the violence and pouring salt down him - showed intent to cause death. (IMO) Intent to hasten an end to the problem. There was no future for Arthur unless they stopped but neither of them was prepared to stop because that would require self-recrimination (not present) and agreement, or TH to leave with Arthur and the torture, the 130 fresh bruises, to come to the attention of TH's family, and doctors. She will not admit the salt poisoning because that intention was not formed in the spur of the moment, IMO. I don't think she dreamed for one minute that they would test him for salt, she thought she could convince medics and police he was into beating himself up and throwing himself into walls, because that's the story she tried on the hairdresser.

When police reviewed the evidence, spoke to witnesses, saw the reports to SS, saw the texts and the CCTV, got the experts to assess what had happened to Arthur, they knew this could and would not have happened without TH and ET working together. There was nothing separating their involvement in the torture of Arthur but the salt, and the salt did not kill him. TH was as much responsible because Arthur was at the point of dying, at the point of not being able to survive the next assault and that could have been and was until that point, coming from either and both of them.

TH was as responsible as ET. Say there were two people stabbing someone and one knife wound to the heart caused the death, that is joint enterprise murder. This isn't joint enterprise, I believe, because TH was out of the house. TH now denies most of his violent assaults,

"Hughes reiterates he never pressure pointed Arthur and states he gave 'little squeezes' to his neck as an affectionate gesture."

"[Prior QC] argues there is no logic in his stance not to plead guilty just so the jury can 'hear what I have to say before making a decision'."

"[Richmond QC] tells the jury Hughes is ultimately in 'your charge' and there was no real point in him standing up and pleading guilty."

and thinks he can get out of everything by saying he never meant what he said, and 'prove everything'. The point about that is that it shows no remorse and in the memory of Arthur he says 'I will lie about what I did to you and I will accept a not guilty verdict'.

Bottom line, if this was murder and they acted with the same level of culpability (bar the salt) he has to face the same charges as her, as secondary party because he was out for an hour.

When I look at the guidelines for "causing or allowing a child to suffer serious physical harm, or death", and the maximum sentence for it (14 years), this was a step up - intent to cause GBH. Intent being in their behaviour over the days before his death and in the escalation. Too egregious over its course to be classified as causing or allowing a death. If this had happened to an adult and not a child it would be classed as murder too. JMO

I agree that TH is just as culpable, and I actually think he was the main physical abuser. Also agreed it was obvious that one of them was going to kill him at some point.

I would like them both to get life for murder, but I just don’t see how it will stand up for TH, since he categorically wasn’t present during the final assault.

Apparently the jury will have to be convinced that TH assisted or encouraged the murder. I assume the prosecutions case is that overall, the severity of TH’s abuse and his encouragement to ET to participate in this, his many death threats to Arthur and expressed to ET, is enough to say that TH assisted and encouraged the environment of this mortal violence.

Hughes allegedly told Arthur he would 'rip your head off'
Judge Wall now covers the events of June 16.

He reminds the jury of the footage of Arthur waking up in the living room that morning and struggling to pick up his blanket.

He states Tustin returned to Ms Milhench's home that morning with Arthur, only this time with Hughes as well. Judge Wall says Ms Milhench's partner Tobias Jarman secretly gave Arthur a drink of water, which he had to hold to his mouth.

Ms Milhench said she heard Arthur screaming and was told by Tustin that Hughes was 'pressure pointing' Arthur 'because it hurts'.

She also recalled Tustin claiming Arthur would 'win' if he was taken back to his nan's home. It was alleged Hughes openly said to Arthur he would 'rip your head off and use it as a football' as well as 'bury you six feet under in the garden'.

Arthur described as 'looking broken'
The court is reminded Mr Jarman recalled both Tustin and Hughes shouting at Arthur.

He had said Arthur 'flinched' when he approached him at the bottom of his stairs.

Mr Jarman described the boy as looking 'broken'.

Judge Wall now moves on to the timeline of events concerning what happened when Tustin, Hughes and Arthur returned to Cranmore Road shortly before 1pm.

He states Hughes left the home after around five to ten minutes.

Judge Wall says the prosecution allege Tustin poisoned Arthur with salt in the 22-minute period she was upstairs with him around 2pm.

He reminds the jury that Tustin claims Hughes could have poisoned Arthur in the five to ten-minute period he was in the home and upstairs

Trial adjourned for lunch
Judge Wall describes how after 2pm Tustin appeared to go in and out to the hallway from the living room.

He states the prosecution allege she inflicted the fatal injuries around 2.29pm when she was in the hallway with Arthur.

Judge Wall adds that Tustin's case is that Arthur was still conscious at that time, as well as in the picture she took which showed him lying almost face down on the floor.

The court hears that Tustin's account is that she heard a 'crack' while she was out of the hallway and then went in to find Arthur unconscious.

The judge recalls how she was seen on the living room camera moving him into the living room, the kitchen, the hallway and then back to the living room.

The trial adjourns for the lunch break. Judge Wall says he will cover the 'aftermath' of Arthur's collapse, when the case resumes.

I read somewhere in the web hole of articles on this case that a neighbour did call social services and the police due up the constant name calling and child screaming coming from that house. Arthur could be heard saying “it hurts it hurts”

This neighbour has since tagged people in her post as a “shame on you” for not acting. Police / social service companies etc. she said the walls between properties were very thin.

This was a daughter of the man who lived next door.

I don’t know which neighbour sat at the stand and said she didn’t really hear anything that sounded horrible anf it wasn’t a big deal. Clearly not the same neighbour !!

Another missed opportunity for Arthur

I can’t find the post I’m sorry. Jusr read it in the early days of knowing abt the case

Another potential *advertiser censored** up from social services though if indeed it’s substantiated.

Sorry this is just beyond belief. The hairdresser saw and heard all of this! The day before he died another adult saw Arthur in this state and did nothing?!!! Sorry have I misunderstood? What kind of country is this?

We live in a block of flats and have had some awful neighbours in our time - sadly the walls are thin for us and we heard more than we wanted to!

1) First neighbour, every Friday night was a party, her son was up to 2 am with the party (she would often sneak into the bedroom for some rumpy-pumpy). She frequently shouted and swore at her kid. We saw him once at the windown and she dragged him away by the arm. We phoned the housing association and social services on several occasions - social services in particular were not very helpful and didn't seem to believe that the incident at the window was abuse.

2) 2nd neighbours were the worst! They had one kid when they moved in and she was pregnant. In the 2 years they lived there, they used to come round begging for money on a Thursday night, and if they didn't get enough, the drug dealers would come on a Friday morning and throw things at their window. They too were vile to the kids, called them little sh*ts on a regular basis. They had physical fights with one another - she beat him up more than he beat her. (The kids were often present). The kids often screamed and cried in the night. Their favourte parenting technique was to lie in bed and tell them to *advertiser censored*king shut up. On one occasion after a drug fulled binge we discovered they'd left the flat door wide open - they'd locked the kids in their rooms whilst they were passed out. The last incident was January 2019 on the coldest night of the year. The parents had a massive argument in the street, with the oldest kid present. The oldest kid was completely naked. We called the police, housing association. NSPCC and social services on too many occasions to count. Social services did take us seriously, but nothing ever changed. All that happened was they got evicted from the housing property = they still kept their kids though.

We kept ringing and making sure there was a record. I used to work in Safeguarding and I know that in theory, all of these agencies should share information to build a case. Therefore in theory, our constant phone calls should have made them aware there was an issue. Personally, I got the impression social services just thought I was a nusiance. In the end I started going via the NSPCC as they actually took me seriously and logged all the details.

I don't honestly believe that either of these two experiences were mis-treating their kids as badly as this - in fact we mostly heard verbal abuse, but rarely physical. I have relatives the same age as the kids and it breaks me to think of them being mis treated. There's something seriously wrong in this country, so many cases of people reporting abuse, even minor, but nothing being done. I sincerely hope the above neighbours didn't escalate their behaviour and maybe became better parents. But I also dread seeing their faces in the news, knowing that I was witness to even a tiny part of something.

The poor neighbour who reported, I can't imagine what they must have gone through but good on them for reporting it. Sadly I don't think even if the hairdresser had said something, anything would have changed.

Trial adjourned for lunch
Judge Wall describes how after 2pm Tustin appeared to go in and out to the hallway from the living room.

He states the prosecution allege she inflicted the fatal injuries around 2.29pm when she was in the hallway with Arthur.

Judge Wall adds that Tustin's case is that Arthur was still conscious at that time, as well as in the picture she took which showed him lying almost face down on the floor.

The court hears that Tustin's account is that she heard a 'crack' while she was out of the hallway and then went in to find Arthur unconscious.

The judge recalls how she was seen on the living room camera moving him into the living room, the kitchen, the hallway and then back to the living room.

The trial adjourns for the lunch break. Judge Wall says he will cover the 'aftermath' of Arthur's collapse, when the case resumes.
Thank you SpursGyal! The updates are much appreciated.

Thank God this trial is coming to an end - it was like never ending Way of the Cross reading the updates.
Mind you - only reading and not experiencing his horror in reality like this child.

“Like” doesn’t do justice to your comment. I have hardly slept in days thinking of the poor child. The sheer number of appalling sufferings that Arthur was simultaneously undergoing is mind-boggling.

The saddest thing for me, is that because you can only hold two or three thoughts in your head at one time… They would have kept re-occurring to him.

If you have a broken leg, you have a broken leg. That is an awful injury, but something you will recover from and you can focus on it and it is a finite limited single trauma.

But for poor Arthur as each bruise and hunger pang and thirst and poison and confusion and loneliness and terror and abandonment and imprisonment and loss and organ failure came back into his mind in a vicious sequence, it must have been terrible to realise again and again his predicament. Not to mention the raw fear of what is next to come, something worse again.

And then add in the fact he was made stand facing a wall with no distractions, it would have made it so much more intense. I always think if they were resigned to not looking after him why didnt they put the tv on for him, to distract him instead. They are cruel to the core, both of them

Is it possible that many of the bruises on his head do come from falling down while standing up, maybe falling asleep or passing out with tiredness while standing up?

I’m not suggesting he wasn’t hit or deliberately banged many times, just thinking it’s likely if standing that long that with so little energy that he keeled over a few times. Just like falling outside of the hairdressers.

And another sick and twisted way for these monsters to make Arthur feel like it was his fault that he banged his head.

Judge concludes summary of medical evidence
Judge Wall repeats that Arthur's thymus organ in his chest showed signs of enormous stress caused over a prolonged period of time.

He moves on to the boy's 'lived experience' and the evidence of Dr Sarah Dixon, consultant paediatrician.

She had said there was no 'positive learning experience' to be achieved by making Arthur stand up for so long.

The expert told the court she had never come across standing like this before in her experience.

Dr Dixon concluded the catalogue of audio clips reaffirmed her suspicion Arthur was 'ill-treated'.

She stated the 'thinking step' was a well-known parenting technique which was not cruel if used appropriately.

Judge Wall tells the jury that the expert did not recommend physical chastisement despite the fact it is still lawful in this country.

He concludes his summary of the medical evidence.

The fact his thymus had shrunk is so upsetting too. I think Gabriel Fernandez was the same, very real evidence of the level of stress experienced

We live in a block of flats and have had some awful neighbours in our time - sadly the walls are thin for us and we heard more than we wanted to!

1) First neighbour, every Friday night was a party, her son was up to 2 am with the party (she would often sneak into the bedroom for some rumpy-pumpy). She frequently shouted and swore at her kid. We saw him once at the windown and she dragged him away by the arm. We phoned the housing association and social services on several occasions - social services in particular were not very helpful and didn't seem to believe that the incident at the window was abuse.

2) 2nd neighbours were the worst! They had one kid when they moved in and she was pregnant. In the 2 years they lived there, they used to come round begging for money on a Thursday night, and if they didn't get enough, the drug dealers would come on a Friday morning and throw things at their window. They too were vile to the kids, called them little sh*ts on a regular basis. They had physical fights with one another - she beat him up more than he beat her. (The kids were often present). The kids often screamed and cried in the night. Their favourte parenting technique was to lie in bed and tell them to *advertiser censored*king shut up. On one occasion after a drug fulled binge we discovered they'd left the flat door wide open - they'd locked the kids in their rooms whilst they were passed out. The last incident was January 2019 on the coldest night of the year. The parents had a massive argument in the street, with the oldest kid present. The oldest kid was completely naked. We called the police, housing association. NSPCC and social services on too many occasions to count. Social services did take us seriously, but nothing ever changed. All that happened was they got evicted from the housing property = they still kept their kids though.

We kept ringing and making sure there was a record. I used to work in Safeguarding and I know that in theory, all of these agencies should share information to build a case. Therefore in theory, our constant phone calls should have made them aware there was an issue. Personally, I got the impression social services just thought I was a nusiance. In the end I started going via the NSPCC as they actually took me seriously and logged all the details.

I don't honestly believe that either of these two experiences were mis-treating their kids as badly as this - in fact we mostly heard verbal abuse, but rarely physical. I have relatives the same age as the kids and it breaks me to think of them being mis treated. There's something seriously wrong in this country, so many cases of people reporting abuse, even minor, but nothing being done. I sincerely hope the above neighbours didn't escalate their behaviour and maybe became better parents. But I also dread seeing their faces in the news, knowing that I was witness to even a tiny part of something.

The poor neighbour who reported, I can't imagine what they must have gone through but good on them for reporting it. Sadly I don't think even if the hairdresser had said something, anything would have changed.
❤️❤️❤️You did good ❤️❤️❤️

Tustin claimed she had 's***' off Arthur for months'
Welcome back.

Judge Wall reminds the jury of the various accounts of emergency services workers who attended Tustin's home.

He turns to what Tustin said to a police officer which was captured on body worn camera footage.

The court is reminded of how Tustin claimed Arthur had headbutted her when she tried to stop him headbutting the floor.

Tustin was also heard saying they had had 's***' off Arthur for months and that he had 'battered' her and Hughes

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back