GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

I read this the other day too.
it’s so atrocious , she gets more comforts than sweet Arthur ever did in her house of horrors.

I hope the guards paste all the 200 pics/videos she took of Arthur in distress around her walls
She has to face what she did

It’s a real joke she gets to “decorate” her cell

she murdered a child for gods sake!!! a defenceless innocent child

I read this the other day too.
it’s so atrocious , she gets more comforts than sweet Arthur ever did in her house of horrors.

I hope the guards paste all the 200 pics/videos she took of Arthur in distress around her walls
She has to face what she did

It’s a real joke she gets to “decorate” her cell

she murdered a child for gods sake!!! a defenceless innocent child

That would have no effect on someone like her though. She doesn't care about what she did and never will IMO.

One of the most interesting things I've seen posted in UK forums is about how social work ignore poverty... but strangely, I heard all families involved were 'Ok' money-wise. Can anyone confirm this? I had it from one source that everyone was 'comfortable' but then so many other people are saying it's a class issue. Not wanting to start a debate! Actually just looking for facts.

One of the most interesting things I've seen posted in UK forums is about how social work ignore poverty... but strangely, I heard all families involved were 'Ok' money-wise. Can anyone confirm this? I had it from one source that everyone was 'comfortable' but then so many other people are saying it's a class issue. Not wanting to start a debate! Actually just looking for facts.
I don’t think that poverty in and of itself is a marker for child abuse. The “poverty line” in the UK is set at “less than 60% of the median household income” so for 2020 a couple with 2 children living in London would be below the poverty line if they had less than £346 a week coming in, and a lone parent with one child it’s less than £190. These figures are taken after housing costs. I would imagine by those figures there are probably people on this thread who are technically living in poverty. We certainly were when our children were younger, even with us both working.

For poverty to automatically put people on social services radar would increase their workload untold amounts, and it would waste a lot of time filtering out people who are “just” on a low income -the working poor, families where no one is able to work, or larger families who automatically fall into the poverty trap as obviously wages don’t increase exponentially with the number of children you have. IMO this is why poverty is “ignored” as a red flag - not because it can’t be a factor, but because being poor is so commonplace here that it’s normal.

I know TH faced a trial and jury but he should also face the relentless questions the public has for him

ET was evil and menacing with her treatment of Arthur but how on earth did he not believe a word his own flesh and blood said.

I have a 6yo they’re very clear and articulate at this age. Arthur would’ve said repeatedly that ET was hurting him. How did he not believe him….

where was TH ALL DAY?!? How did he miss Arthur’s meals for weeks ?!?? Did he ever ask him why he was spitting his meals out??

I wish we could ask TH what his goal was with Arthur….

schools were opening up he couldn’t hide him any longer…..yet he didn’t seem to stop the snacking /bruising ….. in the same breath it sounds like he did want him to return to school

I think he was deluded and really did believe the more they punished him that his “behavior” would improve and they would live happily ever after …. Delusional !!!

I firmly believe Arthur reminded TH of everything that went wrong with OLivia and he just wanted to forget that part of his life and start anew with ET.
fhats how he was able to disassociate from Arthur mentally.

He just wanted to forget Arthur existed and was able to have ET just deal with him.

either way my biggest question to TH is why he didn’t hand Arthur over to people who did want and love him

How did he not see what was blatantly obvious.
I hope he is riddled with guilt now

You can’t hide from yourself
He is not riddled with guilt, he or the other one showed no remorse. He tried to make out like it was discipline got out of hand, but it is hard to believe how anyone could not see Arthur in those last days and not see a child who was slowly dying but he showed no pity to Arthur. Shocked he was not found guilty of count three starving/thirsting - I think he has got off lightly.

No it wasn’t. If TH was to have any children in the future, social services would have to under take an assessment and see if he would be considered a risk. It’s not a given that any children he went on to have would be taken. Prison is supposed to rehabilitate.

Both TH and OLH are Arthur’s NoK, we don’t know many facts about the funeral situation. My assumption is that both NoK having a dispute meant neither would allow Arthur’s body to be released. At least it has been resolved and Arthur can finally be laid to rest.
They thought this guy was rehabilitated..

A woman married a paroled murderer. Years later, he killed all her children.

In 1991, Michigan man Gregory Green stabbed his wife in the face and chest, killing her and their unborn child. Then, he called 911 and waited for police to come.

After serving about 16 years in prison for murder, Green was released on parole with the support of family and friends, including a pastor who lobbied on his behalf and whose daughter Green would marry.

His prison record provided nearly no trace of violence, no hint that years after he would be released, he would commit crimes more brutal than the first.
His history while incarcerated appeared clean, if not perfect. Records show that although he was unable to explain the outburst that brought him to prison, he nevertheless followed the rules and stayed out of trouble.

“Excellent, good block reports, good past work history,” reads his parole eligibility report.

By the time his parole was granted in 2008, Green had completed educational programs in prison, Gautz said. He also had plans for work once he was released.

“It’s just difficult to understand the motivation. I just don’t understand what happened in this household,” Paletko told reporters. “I can’t fathom this whole process. I just don’t understand it.”

“It’s just difficult to understand the motivation. I just don’t understand what happened in this household,” Paletko told reporters. “I can’t fathom this whole process. I just don’t understand it.”
Really? REALLY??

They thought this guy was rehabilitated..

A woman married a paroled murderer. Years later, he killed all her children.

In 1991, Michigan man Gregory Green stabbed his wife in the face and chest, killing her and their unborn child. Then, he called 911 and waited for police to come.

After serving about 16 years in prison for murder, Green was released on parole with the support of family and friends, including a pastor who lobbied on his behalf and whose daughter Green would marry.

His prison record provided nearly no trace of violence, no hint that years after he would be released, he would commit crimes more brutal than the first.
His history while incarcerated appeared clean, if not perfect. Records show that although he was unable to explain the outburst that brought him to prison, he nevertheless followed the rules and stayed out of trouble.

“Excellent, good block reports, good past work history,” reads his parole eligibility report.

By the time his parole was granted in 2008, Green had completed educational programs in prison, Gautz said. He also had plans for work once he was released.

there will also be a large amount of people convicted of murder or manslaughter who have been released and not reoffended.

Absolutely but I’m not marrying any of them! Or even hanging out. I’m more cautious with much less messed up people.

I guess you can never be 100% sure if someone is rehabilitated when they’re released. There will be some who are and some who aren’t.

I personally would run 100 miles if someone told me their past involved this. There will be those who don’t. Who are we to judge?

In my opinion -

The fatal assault on Arthur, with intention, meets the definition of murder.

The injuries to his brain and spinal cord, and the blunt force trauma, as well as the bleeding in his brain which showed a day or two of healing, caused by salt poisoning, and restricted water intake, ignoring his requests for a doctor when he was suffering with headache through his last night on the concrete floor - and instead ramping up the violence and pouring salt down him - showed intent to cause death. (IMO) Intent to hasten an end to the problem. There was no future for Arthur unless they stopped but neither of them was prepared to stop because that would require self-recrimination (not present) and agreement, or TH to leave with Arthur and the torture, the 130 fresh bruises, to come to the attention of TH's family, and doctors. She will not admit the salt poisoning because that intention was not formed in the spur of the moment, IMO. I don't think she dreamed for one minute that they would test him for salt, she thought she could convince medics and police he was into beating himself up and throwing himself into walls, because that's the story she tried on the hairdresser.

When police reviewed the evidence, spoke to witnesses, saw the reports to SS, saw the texts and the CCTV, got the experts to assess what had happened to Arthur, they knew this could and would not have happened without TH and ET working together. There was nothing separating their involvement in the torture of Arthur but the salt, and the salt did not kill him. TH was as much responsible because Arthur was at the point of dying, at the point of not being able to survive the next assault and that could have been and was until that point, coming from either and both of them.

TH was as responsible as ET. Say there were two people stabbing someone and one knife wound to the heart caused the death, that is joint enterprise murder. This isn't joint enterprise, I believe, because TH was out of the house. TH now denies most of his violent assaults,

"Hughes reiterates he never pressure pointed Arthur and states he gave 'little squeezes' to his neck as an affectionate gesture."

"[Prior QC] argues there is no logic in his stance not to plead guilty just so the jury can 'hear what I have to say before making a decision'."

"[Richmond QC] tells the jury Hughes is ultimately in 'your charge' and there was no real point in him standing up and pleading guilty."

and thinks he can get out of everything by saying he never meant what he said, and 'prove everything'. The point about that is that it shows no remorse and in the memory of Arthur he says 'I will lie about what I did to you and I will accept a not guilty verdict'.

Bottom line, if this was murder and they acted with the same level of culpability (bar the salt) he has to face the same charges as her, as secondary party because he was out for an hour.

When I look at the guidelines for "causing or allowing a child to suffer serious physical harm, or death", and the maximum sentence for it (14 years), this was a step up - intent to cause GBH. Intent being in their behaviour over the days before his death and in the escalation. Too egregious over its course to be classified as causing or allowing a death. If this had happened to an adult and not a child it would be classed as murder too. JMO
Yep the salt showed a clear intent - she was hoping he would die from it over time, but she got impatient; what triggered it for her will be the unanswered question and the person she is will never admit/reveal why she killed him at that point.

Yep the salt showed a clear intent - she was hoping he would die from it over time, but she got impatient; what triggered it for her will be the unanswered question and the person she is will never admit/reveal why she killed him at that point.

well she kind of did admit why she did it to her cell mate…he tried to escape out of the door. She obviously went mental and hit his head and he died. In that moment in time she was so angry she wanted him dead.

she makes me sick. Nothing I wish right now is for someone to beat her to the pulp but let her survive and live with the pain and misery.

Can anyone tell me…do the family get to see the evidence beforehand so they are prepared or would they have seen it for the first time at the trial ?

for example; would Blake have seen the video of Arthur calling for him before the trial or been pre-warned or would he have seen it for the first time at the trial and would have not expected it?

Can anyone tell me…do the family get to see the evidence beforehand so they are prepared or would they have seen it for the first time at the trial ?

for example; would Blake have seen the video of Arthur calling for him before the trial or been pre-warned or would he have seen it for the first time at the trial and would have not expected it?

I hope they give them a heads up but I honestly doubt it. I feel like he would be unbelievably heartbroken. He out of his other brothers has cut ties from TH. I think he’s heartbroken as he had a special bond with Arthur

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elementpro
Back