GUILTY UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Also, I wonder if TH went into the trial thinking he’s not going to allow himself to cry for any pity etc as that’s what his lawyer said in the opening statement and it’s backfired on him because now it’s every where that he showed no remorse.

I don’t understand how he did not react to any of the evidence?

Also, I wonder if TH went into the trial thinking he’s not going to allow himself to cry for any pity etc as that’s what his lawyer said in the opening statement and it’s backfired on him because now it’s every where that he showed no remorse.

I think it's because he didn't want his family to think he was guilty of anything but a smack on the bottom. As usual, putting himself first, Arthur last.

What I really dont understand is why TH's family asked strangers for money for the funeral?
Are they that poor?
I have never heard of such situation in my country.

My mind boggles!

I live in the US. But you'd need to have a tens of thousands of dollars sitting around in your bank account to afford a funeral. Funerals are a rip off of "required" expensive things that are totally outside the normal budget unless you have specific funeral insurance.

And no one here gets any help from the government for it either. There was a huge cache of unclaimed bodies once the pandemic started in large part because people can't afford to pay for funerals.

I live in the US. But you'd need to have a tens of thousands of dollars sitting around in your bank account to afford a funeral. Funerals are a rip off of "required" expensive things that are totally outside the normal budget unless you have specific funeral insurance.

And no one here gets any help from the government for it either. There was a huge cache of unclaimed bodies once the pandemic started in large part because people can't afford to pay for funerals.
Well, every country has its own customs.
As I wrote before, in my country, in case of death, family gets a sum of money to organise a funeral.
It is enough to organise everything.
If a family wants a grand funeral, they have to pay extra.

He didn’t cry because he’s got no emotions. At the moment every interaction I’m having with my boy the same age as Arthur I’m trying to compute what he went thru. A normal human being would be spewing up in the dock at what
Was being read out in that room. Even if let’s say he was using lockdown and manipulation as his excuse. The guy has had 18 months to come back to planet earth & yet he sits there stone faced as the judge said offering zero remorse it’s the same with all these monsters. Look at that nut job in USA who put his 2 girls in that oil tanker. Showed no emotion. Even if the emotion he showed was directed at ET you’d think well he’s “woke up” a bit now but nothing. Tells you everything does that. Emotionless, cold & a danger to the public

Recently in Australia a 3yo was stolen from a tent by a stranger and held hostage for 3 weeks. Daily our nation were on edge as to what happened /what the person is doing to her/ is she even alive etc
3 weeks later we woke to the news she was rescued at 1am Perfectly healthy

in her mums loving arms again getting the therapy she needs to deal with this ordeal

This happened abt a month before I heard of Arthur and I’m struggling with the harsh reality and even harsher contrast of the two kids

I so wish Arthur was also rescued from the house of horrors and in his families loving arms. I just can’t accept he wasn’t :(

I am struggling with accepting the reality he’s not Alive.
The clear video and his audio makes you weirdly think he’s still around

When will this get easier to accept?!?

You know, I have a feeling she is enjoying that all this attention of the guards is centred on her.
Fussed over and protected as a princess.
I understand where you are coming from but I don't think she will be fussed over in truth. I think she will be on the receiving end of resentful staff trying to grit their teeth to carry out their cold, detached, professional duty.

I understand where you are coming from but I don't think she will be fussed over in truth. I think she will be on the receiving end of resentful staff trying to grit their teeth to carry out their cold, detached, professional duty.
Still protected, fed 3 times a day and waited on.
Does she care about staff's gritting their teeth?
Nah, quite the contrary - she will be relishing their discomfort, as she relished Arthur's!

At the least she should be made to stand for 14hrs of the day,….
Cruel creature
Well, wishing that we will sink to her level.
Lets just forget she exists.
At least she will be separated from the society for nearly 30 years.

Im glad.

Unfortunately, it cant be said about the other monstrous creature TH.

And Im mad!

Last edited:
I have a genuine question and it’s not a slight against anyone here.

Many people on here, MP’s and people all over social media are adamant that TH is guilty of murder. So it follows that they believe the jury made a mistake. Do people really believe that 11 neutral people who listened to every piece of evidence made the wrong choice, and we the public know better from the limited reports we got?

It isn’t a criticism, if that’s how people feel then fair enough. If you think the jury was wrong, what do you think tricked them etc

I have a genuine question and it’s not a slight against anyone here.

Many people on here, MP’s and people all over social media are adamant that TH is guilty of murder. So it follows that they believe the jury made a mistake. Do people really believe that 11 neutral people who listened to every piece of evidence made the wrong choice, and we the public know better from the limited reports we got?

It isn’t a criticism, if that’s how people feel then fair enough. If you think the jury was wrong, what do you think tricked them etc
I think they fell for his lies.

Perhaps, for instance, being fooled by TH's lies to the school about not sending him back because he had an eating disorder, and calling the GP on the school's recommendation, when it seemed pretty obvious to me that this was just another lie to the school to buy him some time with the immediate issue of schools reopening, and he had no intention of taking Arthur to see the GP, or anyone who would actually examine him. Just like when he didn't tell social workers about the bruises.

I don't think there was any evidence he knew about the salt lacing but he left him being offered just sandwiches every day, knowing Arthur wasn't eating them. I'd have found him guilty of withholding food, and drink just based on that, let alone stuffing his face with ice cream in front of him when he was so hungry and weak, and hearing recordings of Arthur wailing no one is going to feed me today. TH was withholding food and water as punishment.

The judge made it clear that TH knew exactly what was going on. There was no ignorance of the atrocities taking place. He chose Arthur's clothes and he lied about not remembering why he left him in a thick onesie for the last 4 days of his life. Too cowardly to tell the jury he saw the evidence on his frail little body and wanted to hide it. Just like 'move Arthur because Mum's coming round'. I haven't forgotten that he was actually there at the hairdressers house that morning, this wasn't messages coming through from ET, seeing with his own eyes that Arthur was not being naughty and still pressure pointing him until he screamed and demanding he called him Sir, the morning after having bashed his head into the door when he whacked him with a slipper, and knowing Arthur hadn't slept because of a headache, still denying him a bed. I will never agree that his words were just poor choice. He knew he was leaving Arthur in danger when he went out and putting him in danger himself when he was there. If they were unclear on the distinction between serious injury and GBH, there is nothing in the evidence that suggests he was taking a measured approach to violence, if there is such a thing.

I think very possibly there was a fateful dynamic with this jury, perhaps a dominant individual (I think that came through with the raft of questions that were put to witnesses, I would bet most were from the same juror) and I also don't think the deliberations were very long at all, to really discuss all the evidence in detail. Perhaps there were members of the jury who didn't want to disagree. It happens. JMO

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

He’s as bad as her simple as, two monsters that set about killing a 6 year old boy and did it. In my opinion and whether that is the rule of law or not he is more to blame than her. He’s battered that kid from pillar to post for months let’s have it right. Psychologically he’s abused him. Fancy taunting a little boy putting him in the car and then turning back round when he thinks he’s going to be set free from the hell he was living in. It’s the torturous nature of what the kid went through that’s outraged the public more than anything which TH revelled in. She delivered the final blow yes & because he’s a not right in his head, yes he’s been manipulated and the jury will have been lead down this path. We can all see that but they are governed by the law so will have had to give manslaughter. He’s worse in my eyes than her. They’re both murderers though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cliff77
Back