UK - Arthur Labinjo Hughes, 6, killed, dad & friend arrested, June 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only speak for myself when I say this, my ASD child still had access to CAMHs and neurodevelopmental team during the pandemic. Even if Arthur had been assessed online as opposed to in person makes no difference really, it’s the fact that TH didn’t seek these services in the first place.
Thanks!
Of course it was just an academic question :)

If I try and put myself in his situation regarding just Arthur and no ET, I could see a 6 year old refusing food and acting out. Arthur had just lost his mum, under circumstances that are not the norm. I would be thinking “this is a reaction to what has happened.” I would then get him to the gp, push for referrals to CAMHs, nutritionist, occupational therapy etc… I think TH almost looked to ET for parenting advice? He took her thinking chair and implemented it, he listened and believed her that Arthur was a problem, he relied on her feeding Arthur. If she said it was just Arthur being a “brat” he believed her and her “knowledge”.
This 100%.
His mum had vanished from his life, he'd started a new school, moved in to a new house with new family dynamics, plus the pandemic happened which was scary for everyone. Any bad behaviour would have been a reasonable and expected reaction to these massive upheavals. He needed love, support and understanding. What he got was despicable and cruel treatment designed to torture, humiliate and break him. It's so sad.
I agree TH looked to ET for parenting advice. And I think she's one of the least qualified parents to deal with any of these issues. It's interesting she never told him about her eldest 2. Would that have changed TH's belief she had too much love to give?

If I try and put myself in his situation regarding just Arthur and no ET, I could see a 6 year old refusing food and acting out. Arthur had just lost his mum, under circumstances that are not the norm. I would be thinking “this is a reaction to what has happened.” I would then get him to the gp, push for referrals to CAMHs, nutritionist, occupational therapy etc… I think TH almost looked to ET for parenting advice? He took her thinking chair and implemented it, he listened and believed her that Arthur was a problem, he relied on her feeding Arthur. If she said it was just Arthur being a “brat” he believed her and her “knowledge”.
This 100%.
His mum had vanished from his life, he'd started a new school, moved in to a new house with new family dynamics, plus the pandemic happened which was scary for everyone. Any bad behaviour would have been a reasonable and expected reaction to these massive upheavals. He needed love, support and understanding. What he got was despicable and cruel treatment designed to torture, humiliate and break him. It's so sad.
I agree TH looked to ET for parenting advice. And I think she's one of the least qualified parents to deal with any of these issues. It's interesting she never told him about her eldest 2. Would that have changed TH's belief she had too much love to give?

Just jumping off your last part here real quickly, these two eldest children of hers, did she not have pictures of them up in her house? My eldest is a big old adult now, but my home is littered with pics of him. Did her eldest two vanish from her life completely to the point where they’re not even remembered in her family home? That, in itself, screams red flag to me about her as a “mother”.

Also if your child isn’t eating and noticeably losing weight, you find things they will eat and make sure they are eating something at least. My 7 year old is super fussy, there’s only a handful of dinners she’ll eat. We make do. We don’t let her starve. At no point does TH have a normal parents reaction since ET is on the scene.
Exactly! His reactions to Arthur seems to be directed by ET, and it's just increasing violence and isolation. And he said he 'asked' her if Arthur could join the rest of the family, and she said no. And he accepted that.

Just jumping off your last part here real quickly, these two eldest children of hers, did she not have pictures of them up in her house? My eldest is a big old adult now, but my home is littered with pics of him. Did her eldest two vanish from her life completely to the point where they’re not even remembered in her family home? That, in itself, screams red flag to me about her as a “mother”.
They must have done, because TH wasn't aware of them at all. I wonder why they were removed. Was this before or after she jumped from the car park?

And didnt TH's Mum say one of the reasons she didnt warm to ET, was due to the fact she seemed to spend so much time away from her other two kids. Which should have given TH an idea of what she was really like

They must have done, because TH wasn't aware of them at all. I wonder why they were removed. Was this before or after she jumped from the car park?

I think it was mentioned early on in the trial that it was after the suicide attempt. For there to be no contact, to the point where these two children have been erased and not mentioned by ET at all, tells me that there is something very sinister laying beneath the surface of all this. I’ll be honest, I do expect quite a lot to come out after trial concerning ET….

And didnt TH's Mum say one of the reasons she didnt warm to ET, was due to the fact she seemed to spend so much time away from her other two kids. Which should have given TH and idea of what she was really like
Yep, his family didn't warm to her from the start. His uncle said she would make Arthur's life a misery, he was playing with a toy he'd got at Christmas and the uncle said her manner was very sharp, and she complained the toy was too noisy. He said that Arthur liked her at first. But then he didn't.
I really feel for the family, they could see what ET was like and tried to warn TH. He sounds petulant and immature. If it was me I'd consider what my family were saying and take their concerns on board.

And didnt TH's Mum say one of the reasons she didnt warm to ET, was due to the fact she seemed to spend so much time away from her other two kids. Which should have given TH an idea of what she was really like

I believe you’re right, I’m sure that was mentioned when JH was on the stand. She was also very honest that she did not like ET.

I think it was mentioned early on in the trial that it was after the suicide attempt. For there to be no contact, to the point where these two children have been erased and not mentioned by ET at all, tells me that there is something very sinister laying beneath the surface of all this. I’ll be honest, I do expect quite a lot to come out after trial concerning ET….
Me too, I dread to think why they were removed, and had no contact with her. It says a lot that she never mentioned them. I work with adults who've been abused and neglected as children, some of them have had their children removed. Sometimes for drug abuse, sometimes for just being unable to cope. The majority of them talk about their kids, and their wish to have them back. Although sometimes their lifestyles are just too chaotic for that to happen.

And for her to continue having children when she clearly cannot cope with them seems so reckless of her.
The only info we really have about her childhood, is she was sexually abused by her mothers partner and didnt get on with her mother. There is very little information about her online or even photos. There is definately more to her story. I wonder is she on very strong pain meds for her back issues

But what was the reason of her attempt at suicide?
It is mind blowing she survived!
Or didn't end up in a wheelchair.
She made a big deal talking about how she'd suffered life changing injuries, the pain, the chronic infections, yet she was able to pick Arthur up with one hand, and drag him from room to room several times. What was telling for me was the fact she'd stopped taking her psychiatric medications.

And for her to continue having children when she clearly cannot cope with them seems so reckless of her.
The only info we really have about her childhood, is she was sexually abused by her mothers partner and didnt get on with her mother. There is very little information about her online or even photos. There is definately more to her story. I wonder is she on very strong pain meds for her back issues
She probably would have been, opiates or gabapentin type meds. I've read a few things about her elsewhere.... doesn't seem like a nice person

Me too, I dread to think why they were removed, and had no contact with her. It says a lot that she never mentioned them. I work with adults who've been abused and neglected as children, some of them have had their children removed. Sometimes for drug abuse, sometimes for just being unable to cope. The majority of them talk about their kids, and their wish to have them back. Although sometimes their lifestyles are just too chaotic for that to happen.

Ok so let’s say the children went to their fathers as she had attempted suicide and was in a bad shape both physically and mentally. I understand that completely. Once she was on the road to recovery, why would there be no contact? Not even supervised contact in a contact centre? Just straight, no contact and no mention of them ever again? That doesn’t sit will with me. She may well have led a chaotic lifestyle, but for there to be absolutely no contact at all, screams that there is something more to come out once this trial is over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stahoe