UK - Ashley Dale, 28 fatally shot at home, Liverpool - 21 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
10:54Jonathan Humphries

Big Dave and Little Dave​

Justice Goose: “[James Witham] accepted he lied to the police when he said he had been fitted up and the Hyundai car was not his. He was asked about his defence case statement made in August this year. Was he also lying about not having anything to do with the shooting? He accepted this.

“It was suggested the evidence to his guilt was overwhelming. He said he admitted manslaughter for the sake of the deceased’s family and because others had been charged.

“He said he knew NB (Niall Barry) was involved in drug dealing but knew nothing of his access to firearms. It was a coincidence that he had used a Skorpion. He denied he was NB’s joey. He said NB should not be in this trial.

“He said he thought the beef between NB and LH (Lee Harrison) was five years ago and was sorted. He was asked why he had been to his home if LH had been making his life a misery. He said it was just to speak to LH.

“He was asked how the false number plate could have been acquired. He said they were his.

He was shown CCTV of him and JP (Joseph Peers) where he appeared to be laughing and smiling. He said he was covering up how he felt.

“He denied being sent to carry out the shooting and described it as a moment of madness. He accepted driving in the opposite way to JP’s home. He said it was to go to McCaig’s and buy drugs.

“It was suggested JW wasn’t in the Hyundai at 10.20. He said he was. He was asked about further attempts at contact by Fitzgibbon and Zeisz and were they asking about the progress of the attack. He denied that.

“He was asked for the names of the two brothers he spoke to. He said they were both called Dave. Big Dave was the big brother of Little Dave. He spoke to big Dave on his brother’s phone. He denied this was all lies.

“He was asked why he didn’t fire the gun at the outside of the house. He repeated that it was a moment of madness and he was full of rage. He couldn’t answer why his DNA was found on a cartridge case if it was already loaded.”

10:57KEY EVENT

JURY OUT​

Justice Goose “That completes my summary of the evidence you have heard over the last few weeks. Ladies and gentlemen, I have two further directions to give you.”
He asks the jury to collect their notes and documentation.
JG: “Please select one of your number to chair your debate. That will make sure everybody gets a fair say.
“Secondly you must reach verdicts on which you are all agreed. Each of you must have your say and reach the verdicts which you say are right.
“If the time comes where I can accept something different, I will send for you.”
The jury bailiffs are sworn in.

THE JURY ARE SENT TO BEGIN THEIR DELIBERATIONS AT 10.56AM.

Judge enters court​

Mr Justice Goose enters court.
Justice Goose says: “We did receive a note, but It’s not necessary to deal with it any longer.
“The jury were asking for the third interview footage from the Kallum Radford interviews. We were given that note, and then they said they don’t need it anymore.”
Justice Goose says the jury have resumed their deliberations.

They're discussing KR! I thought he would have been the last one to be discussed, unless they thought he was one of the easiest.

Edited as I was wrong about implications regarding JW. JP or SZ have to be guilty of something for KR to be guilty..

Judge G said the following in his directions:

KR cannot be guilty unless you find JP or SZ guilty of at least one of the offences. If JP and SZ are found not guilty, you will find KR not guilty. It must be proved KR either knew or believed JP or SZ had committed the offence or one related to it. His case is that he helped his friend and knew nothing of the offences.”

They're discussing KR! I thought he would have been the last one to be discussed, unless they thought he was one of the easiest.

Does this mean we can assume JW has been found guilty of murder?

I thought they were instructed to do JW first ?
Unless they are looking at KRs evidence as part of their discussion about JW

Law Court listing shows a timing of 16.15 hrs for end of today ?

and the trial is already listed for Monday

The Crown Court at Liverpool

Daily Courtroom List for Monday 20 November 2023
FINAL 1​

Court 51 - sitting at 10:30 am

BEFORE THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE GOOSE

Trial (Part Heard)

T20237015PEERS Joseph M05E20151222WIRRMCPS
WITHAM James W05E20151222

T20237016RADFORD Kallum05E20151222WIRRMCPS

T20237022BARRY Niall A05E20151222LIVKMCPS
ZEISZ Sean05E20151222
T20237076FITZGIBBON Ian05E20151222LIVKMCPS

www.courtserve.net

Law Court listing shows a timing of 16.15 hrs for end of today ?

and the trial is already listed for Monday

The Crown Court at Liverpool

Daily Courtroom List for Monday 20 November 2023
FINAL 1​

Court 51 - sitting at 10:30 am

BEFORE THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE GOOSE

Trial (Part Heard)

T20237015PEERS Joseph M05E20151222WIRRMCPS
WITHAM James W05E20151222

T20237016RADFORD Kallum05E20151222WIRRMCPS

T20237022BARRY Niall A05E20151222LIVKMCPS
ZEISZ Sean05E20151222
T20237076FITZGIBBON Ian05E20151222LIVKMCPS

www.courtserve.net
I've seen that happen before in cases where a verdict was delivered that day. Pretty standard stuff.

I look at court listings pages way too much!

All done for the day!

16:22JONATHAN HUMPHRIES

Jury sent home for the day​

Mr Justice Goose is in court and calls for the jury.
Justice Goose enters and calls for the jury.
JG: “Ladies and gentlemen thank you very much. I’m going to ask you to stop now and we’ll break today. Come back on Monday. During the weekend, and this applies the moment you leave this courtroom, don’t speak to anyone else about the case. Don’t carry out any research. All those things I’ve said to you are very important, but now they are especially important.
“In the mean-time, treat this like a job. Come back on Monday, carry on with your work.”
The jury are excused for the weekend and the case is adjourned until Monday morning.

Anyone else find it odd that the pros didn’t push the fact that JW & JP went to David McCaigs place immediately prior to the shooting to apparently check up on fixing the car when he has previous and served time for firearm offences … surely that’s where the gun was obtained vs being dug up with a jug off the motorway !!!

10:44KEY EVENT

Jury resume deliberations​

Good morning all,
The jury in the trial of six men charged in relation to the death of Ashley Dale are set to resume their deliberations, having been sent out at 11.56am on Friday, October 17.
Trial judge Mr Justice Goose enters and calls for the jury.
He tells them: “Thank you very much ladies and gentlemen. After the jury bailiff has been sworn, will you go with her and continue your deliberations
The jury bailiff is sworn and the jury retire to continue their deliberation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CapeCodTodd
Back