UK - Ashley Dale, 28 fatally shot at home, Liverpool - 21 Aug 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent news!

Lined up pretty much as we thought it might here, with the possible exception of JP, though his presence on the meandering car trip may have been the difference there.

Hoping for sentences appropriate to the crimes in this case.

Was struck throughout with the marked difference between these lads hanging about doing nought but dealing drugs and making misery while the women in their lives, young and old, like Ashley, went out and worked and came home and worked in order to make better lives for themselves and their loved ones. The image of NB handing over his laundry to his GF for washing comes to mind here.

Here's hoping for this gen and the next.

15:12KEY EVENT

How each defendant reacted when verdicts were announced​

Upon hearing the first verdict, Peers shook his head. When the conspiracy to murder Lee Harrison verdict was returned he mouthed “*advertiser censored**** joke”
Radford showed no reaction as he was cleared of assisting an offender.
Sean Zeisz showed no reaction as he was convicted on all charges. One of Zeisz's family in the public gallery muttered “*advertiser censored***** t***” as the foreman announced the verdicts.
As Barry was convicted, he was looking down with his head pressed against the glass of the dock. He did not react as the verdicts were announced.
Barry’s mum, sitting in the public gallery, sobbed and said “I’m not staying here”.
As Ian Fitzgibbon was cleared of all charges, he punched the air and patted his chest with his fist.
Witham initially showed no reaction as he was convicted of murder, but then appeared to be close to tears in dock as the case progressed.
The verdicts were reached after nine hours and 22 minutes of deliberations.

James Witham was convicted of the murder of Ashley Dale after shooting the 28-year-old Knowsley Council worker dead in her own home on Leinster Road in Old Swan

Witham

Joseph Peers was convicted of the murder of Ashley Dale

Peers

Niall Barry was convicted of the murder of Ashley Dale

Barry

Sean Zeisz was convicted of the murder of Ashley Dale

Zeisz

Can't argue with those verdicts, after the defence closing speeches I could see a possibility for manslaughter, but on the whole, I agree with murder, and agree with KR and IF not being proved enough to be found guilty, although IF's reaction was hardly classy. The other 4, I hope get long sentences, good riddance to the lot of them.

Still not convinced by the prosecution's theory on motive though, I feel there was something else behind it all that we didn't hear about.

Can't argue with those verdicts, after the defence closing speeches I could see a possibility for manslaughter, but on the whole, I agree with murder, and agree with KR and IF not being proved enough to be found guilty, although IF's reaction was hardly classy. The other 4, I hope get long sentences, good riddance to the lot of them.

Still not convinced by the prosecution's theory on motive though, I feel there was something else behind it all that we didn't hear about.

I agree with this. Am sure they didn't get the right motive.

Today, Ms Dale's mother Julie said she was 'more angry' towards Harrison than the hitman himself..

'Without Lee Harrison this wouldn't have happened.'...........

'We've had no remorse from him. We've had no support from him.
We have no admittance that it's anything to do with him.

'He's given us any number of reasons of what he's heard it's to do with and none of them include him ..

He still carries on, you know, going about his life, leaving the country, going on holidays, lording it up, shall we say, like nothing's happened and nothing's changed for him and it's absolutely disgusting, it really is.

There were calls of 'yes' from Ms Dale family, including mother Julie Dale and her partner Rob Jones, who shared hugs of relief in the public gallery as the guilty verdicts were returned.

But Zeisz's father shouted obscenities

more at the link ..................

Visit the news pages of our website to read the press release in full, and check back on our page here soon to watch a video about how our investigation into Ashley's murder led to today's guilty verdicts.

www.merseyside.police.uk
Don't think there's too much new here. Apparently Ashley's little sister was supposed to staying there that night and they think the bullet marks on the skirting show JW/they were trying to shoot Darla the dog. They also make quite a clear argument for why it is murder and not manslaughter.

The Crown Court at Liverpool

Daily Courtroom List for Wednesday 22 November 2023
FINAL 1​
Court 51 - sitting at 11:00 am

BEFORE THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE GOOSE

For Sentence

T20237015PEERS Joseph M05E20151222WIRRMCPS
WITHAM James W05E20151222

T20237022BARRY Niall A05E20151222LIVKMCPS
ZEISZ Sean05E20151222

T20227256ZEISZ Sean05E40044922WIRRMCPS
T20227230BARRY Niall A05E91276022SEFTMCPS

For Mention

T20220338BARRY Niall A05B30025322LIVKMCPS

www.courtserve.net

The Crown Court at Liverpool

Daily Courtroom List for Wednesday 22 November 2023
FINAL 1​
Court 51 - sitting at 11:00 am

BEFORE THE HONOURABLE MR JUSTICE GOOSE

For Sentence

T20237015PEERS Joseph M05E20151222WIRRMCPS
WITHAM James W05E20151222

T20237022BARRY Niall A05E20151222LIVKMCPS
ZEISZ Sean05E20151222

T20227256ZEISZ Sean05E40044922WIRRMCPS
T20227230BARRY Niall A05E91276022SEFTMCPS

For Mention

T20220338BARRY Niall A05B30025322LIVKMCPS

www.courtserve.net
Can't remember where I saw it (probably in here) but I understand Barry and Zeisz are also being sentenced for drug/firearm convictions? Thus they're listed multiple times with the listings having different offender and magistrates court codes.

And that further mention hearing, he's been charged with something else as well?!

Tomorrow is not looking like being a good day for Branch Barry.

Can't remember where I saw it (probably in here) but I understand Barry and Zeisz are also being sentenced for drug/firearm convictions? Thus they're listed multiple times with the listings having different offender and magistrates court codes.

And that further mention hearing, he's been charged with something else as well?!

Tomorrow is not looking like being a good day for Branch Barry.
And what about Ashley's boyfriend?
He is a drug dealer it seems.
Is he being charged?
The last time I checked here, I read he was travelling to Dubai (?).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back