GUILTY UK - Ashley Wadsworth, 19, Canadian, murdered 1st Feb 2022, Chelmsford, Essex *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Tortoise

Reaction score
A woman has been stabbed to death in a quiet Essex cul-de-sac - just 11 weeks after moving to England to be with her British boyfriend she met online.

Ashley Wadsworth, 19, was discovered following a 'disturbance' at an address in Chelmsford, Essex, at 4pm yesterday.

She had flown the the UK to be with her boyfriend Jack Sepple in November last year.

Ms Wadsworth was due to fly home to see her family in Vernon, British Columbia, tomorrow.

A man has been arrested on suspicion of murder.

53688959-10468689-image-m-12_1643817234012.jpg

53687489-10468689-image-a-1_1643815199230.jpg

Ashley Wadsworth, 19, was found stabbed to death at an address in Essex. She had flown to the UK from her home in Canada to live with her boyfriend Jack Sepple (pictured together)

Woman, 19, is stabbed to death in quiet Essex cul-de-sac weeks after moving from Canada | Daily Mail Online

A Canadian teenager who flew to the UK to meet her new boyfriend was stabbed to death just two days before she was due to return home.

Ashley Wadsworth, 19, was found dead at a block of flats in Chelmsford, Essex at about 4pm yesterday after concerned neighbours called police.

Cops swarmed a housing estate after receiving reports of a domestic disturbance and paramedics tried to revive Ashley who sadly died at the scene.

The tragic teen, from Vernon, Canada, had travelled to England on November 12 to visit boyfriend Jack Sepple.

Detectives are currently questioning a 23-year-old man on suspicion of murder and said they are not looking for anyone else at present.

During her trip to the UK, Ashley visited dozens of tourist hotspots including Buckingham Palace and Big Ben (the Elizabeth Tower) in London.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/teenager-stabbed-death-after-flying-26122270

It's understood the tragic teen from the small city of Vernon, Canada, had travelled to England in recent weeks to visit her boyfriend Jack Sepple.

The 23-year-old was arrested on suspicion of murder and was last night being quizzed by police

NINTCHDBPICT000708939934.jpg

Ashley Wadsworth, 19, and her boyfriend Jack Sepple, 23

Teen, 19, 'stabbed to death' after moving to England to be with boyfriend

Boyfriend 23
Man arrested 23

I wonder how she met him and how they’ve managed a transatlantic relationship during the pandemic. 19 is quite young to be emigrating.

RIP Ashley. It really upsets me when people come to our country and never get to go home :(

Ashley’s Facebook, she was having fun here seeing the sights and getting to know his family.

A few comments from her friends and family back home, under the 12th Nov “moved to Essex” post.

Some absolutely vile stuff on there already, I always find it so distasteful and performative when people leap to attack others on a victim's personal page.

Quite possibly. She is tiny in comparison to him, she wouldn’t have stood a chance. Do we know if it was just them living in the house?
I haven't seen anything about who was living there. The address was said to be in a block of flats, but unusual these days for a 23 year old to be living independently.

Oh, there were only a handful of recent comments when I looked. I’ll not bother going back in!!

I suppose it's the downside to the profiles being publicly accessible in these cases. Anyone (friends, family, total strangers) can go on there and write whatever they like. Maddening when nothing's been made public and no-one's been charged...

Poor, poor Ashley. The DM quote from her friend back home seems to suggest she was looking to become a mother. Sounds like a romantic idyll gone horribly wrong - and every parent’s worst nightmare. Girl falls for guy online, moves to another country… and the worst happens.

Interesting that she was due to go back to Canada for a ‘visit’ today/tomorrow.
Maybe it was a one-way ticket.

May Ashley’s legacy be a caution to other youngsters looking for love online.

This boyfriend's type of tattooing would suggest prison culture in the US. Does it have a particular connotation in the UK?
I don't believe it suggests prison culture in the US either. Some well done work on him (looking at the hand/arm), unless there is something I am not seeing, he's less covered that the majority of my tattooed friends. I'm half covered myself and have been since mid 20s

Poor, poor Ashley. The DM quote from her friend back home seems to suggest she was looking to become a mother. Sounds like a romantic idyll gone horribly wrong - and every parent’s worst nightmare. Girl falls for guy online, moves to another country… and the worst happens.

Interesting that she was due to go back to Canada for a ‘visit’ today/tomorrow.
Maybe it was a one-way ticket.

May Ashley’s legacy be a caution to other youngsters looking for love online.

It's quite strange in terms of how secure it appears - Ashley seems to have have a good relationship started with Jack's mum and stepdad, as they were all going on trips together since she arrived and commenting pleasantries on each other's pictures. It even looks like the mum is friends with some of Ashley's family. Certainly not your cut-and-dry 'she met a creep online' story.

It's quite strange in terms of how secure it appears - Ashley seems to have have a good relationship started with Jack's mum and stepdad, as they were all going on trips together since she arrived and commenting pleasantries on each other's pictures. It even looks like the mum is friends with some of Ashley's family. Certainly not your cut-and-dry 'she met a creep online' story.

Whoever killed her wasn’t the leave-her-in-an-alley kind of creep. Perhaps someone who operated more on a coercive control level, and who may have been motivated by jealousy. The ‘if I can’t have you, no-one else can either’ kind of creep.
IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCpsyche
Back