Deceased/Not Found UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 Jul 2020 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying she 'jumped' out of the car is not an English figure of speech, it's an odd way to describe how anyone could exit from a car.

I have always used the term, especially when referring to getting out of a car in any way really.
Also say "I'm just gunna jump in the shop" whenever I walk past a shop with someone and need to go in.

Report of 23rd July -

Bernadette Walker, 17, jumped out of her parent's car in Skater's Avenue, Walton on Saturday and was was reported missing on Monday, her mum explained.

She may have changed into a black dress and some fishnets as these were found to be missing from her home.

My interpretation of "jumped out of" the car, taken with the initial report that she may have been carrying additional clothing with her, was to plant the notion that Bernadette had acted on a plan to outwit them, leaving the car so fast that they were taken by surprise and could not pursue her.

I think it's a completely false narrative designed to subtly put all responsibility onto Bernadette and prevent the focus being on the parents. No argument or causation. They built a narrative, which has continued throughout, that they are the victims and deserve our sympathy.

SaW: "She added: "I can't eat or sleep properly...she's missing out on...as a parent I need more..."

ScW facebook post: "...You can imagine how much We are Both worried. We miss u. We need to know that you’re safe. Plz let someone know. Your grandparents are extremely worried too. We love you."

These two have not acted like distraught parents. After saying she can't eat properly he uploads a photograph of her tucking into a massive plate of food.

As is usual with these cases of "missing" children and partners which are narratives to cover up a death, the parents/spouses have so much going on in their heads about how they are being perceived in the media, we see their focus is on themselves, and the needs or plight of the "missing" are almost always forgotten about. I think SaW in particular feels that Bernadette is to blame for what happened.

Just my opinion

I don't think Bernadette was alive on the 18th July.

I have always used the term, especially when referring to getting out of a car in any way really.
Also say "I'm just gunna jump in the shop" whenever I walk past a shop with someone and need to go in.
Some of us hop in somewhere and jump out- or is that just me? It is a very common saying, nothing should be read into that comment.

I think they or one of them took Bernadette's phone for a car journey on Saturday 18th July. Switched off the phone in Walton. I think it was to remove focus from the home and try to show that Bernadette left the home that day, and they think the phone may be able to be traced moving with their own phones until they reached that location.

I think it very unlikely that they disposed of her body in daylight.

Report of 23rd July -

Bernadette Walker, 17, jumped out of her parent's car in Skater's Avenue, Walton on Saturday and was was reported missing on Monday, her mum explained.

She may have changed into a black dress and some fishnets as these were found to be missing from her home.

My interpretation of "jumped out of" the car, taken with the initial report that she may have been carrying additional clothing with her, was to plant the notion that Bernadette had acted on a plan to outwit them, leaving the car so fast that they were taken by surprise and could not pursue her.

I think it's a completely false narrative designed to subtly put all responsibility onto Bernadette and prevent the focus being on the parents. No argument or causation. They built a narrative, which has continued throughout, that they are the victims and deserve our sympathy.

SaW: "She added: "I can't eat or sleep properly...she's missing out on...as a parent I need more..."

ScW facebook post: "...You can imagine how much We are Both worried. We miss u. We need to know that you’re safe. Plz let someone know. Your grandparents are extremely worried too. We love you."

These two have not acted like distraught parents. After saying she can't eat properly he uploads a photograph of her tucking into a massive plate of food.

As is usual with these cases of "missing" children and partners which are narratives to cover up a death, the parents/spouses have so much going on in their heads about how they are being perceived in the media, we see their focus is on themselves, and the needs or plight of the "missing" are almost always forgotten about. I think SaW in particular feels that Bernadette is to blame for what happened.

Just my opinion

I think your analysis is spot on, makes perfect sense to me.

Report of 23rd July -

Just my opinion

Regarding the parents' reference to BW may have a black dress and fishnets to change into...as they were 'missing'....(although subsequently found under her bed), was part of the narrative that was spun.... probably to deflect attention away from the parents and to imply B was heading to someone somewhere...and to gain more time to get their stories straight.

I’ve just had the worst thought- was BW trying to have a relationship with ScW- hence why SW had already moved on. It’s been implied ( but looking at their Instagram probably true) that they were both into photography. It’s been implied, again no proof, that the parents were separated.
I’m going out on a limb now- the age gaps are huge. Did the adults just grow apart, then separate slightly amicably as SW moved on? SW had a new squeeze and BW and ScW had got closer doing a course together after the fact. However this then caused friction - which it would.

I think the suggestion of a 17 year old “trying to have a relationship” with her stepfather is rather offensive to someone who is, in effect not much more than a child. It’s a tired trope of a woman throwing herself at a poor innocent man who is powerless to resist. The reality is that a grown man should avoid getting into that situation in the first place.

Report of 23rd July -

Just my opinion

I’m also into the theory that she was planning to make a break for it and get out of her life. I stand by my idea that life in that house was miserable, with the elder kids having to do so much care taking and not being able to live their own lives or have much autonomy. Making her disappearance all about them, it just makes me so sick and sad. moo

I’ve just had the worst thought- was BW trying to have a relationship with ScW- hence why SW had already moved on. It’s been implied ( but looking at their Instagram probably true) that they were both into photography. It’s been implied, again no proof, that the parents were separated.
I’m going out on a limb now- the age gaps are huge. Did the adults just grow apart, then separate slightly amicably as SW moved on? SW had a new squeeze and BW and ScW had got closer doing a course together after the fact. However this then caused friction - which it would.
Ew. I think this is a really gross theory. I think that her being a Lolita figure is def a possibility that hasn’t been brought up yet so I’ll give you that but I dunno. The psychology of the whole thing, I think if there was any “want” of a relationship it would have been the other way with him being too protective of her. That being said I still am not of the opinion that he was actually sexually attracted to her but was just one of those inappropriately over protective fathers who are obsessed with preserving their daughters virginity as if it’s any of his business
JMO

It seems a few of us have entertained this theory, and in light of a potential filicide, it seems plausible. Checking the Peterborough Telegraph every ten minutes!

I’ve been trying to follow this case over the past few weeks and I’m quite confused about the family dynamics and what’s actually known for certain. Can anyone please correct me if I’m wrong or have gotten muddled?

ScW has been married twice. He is currently married to someone other than SaW?
ScW and SaW separated last year?
SaW has had a new partner for some time?
ScW is the biological father of SaW’s children 4-9?
ScW was living in the family home at the time of arrest?

What involvement did Bernadette’s biological dad have in her life? Am I correct in thinking that she lived with him til the age of six? Was there visitation? Custody issues?

Also, it may not be relevant at all but has anyone considered whether Bernadette being pansexual might be a factor in anyway? Teenagers have been murdered for that before.

Joint enterprise is not a term I’ve seen used very often in the uk. Am I able to link the Wikipedia page with the definitions and examples of joint enterprise or is wiki not classed as a viable source?

From a quick search there’s a lot of convictions under this law that have been eventually thrown out, for a joint enterprise murder it seems that one person may not have been aware that the end result was going to be murder. However as they stood by and let it happen it becomes joint enterprise. Am I getting this right? Is this similar to America’s Law of parties or guilt by association?

I’ve been trying to follow this case over the past few weeks and I’m quite confused about the family dynamics and what’s actually known for certain. Can anyone please correct me if I’m wrong or have gotten muddled?

ScW has been married twice. He is currently married to someone other than SaW?
ScW and SaW separated last year?
SaW has had a new partner for some time?
ScW is the biological father of SaW’s children 4-9?
ScW was living in the family home at the time of arrest?

What involvement did Bernadette’s biological dad have in her life? Am I correct in thinking that she lived with him til the age of six? Was there visitation? Custody issues?

Also, it may not be relevant at all but has anyone considered whether Bernadette being pansexual might be a factor in anyway? Teenagers have been murdered for that before.

Not sure if SW is married to SaW, or was legally to anyone else, before or now. Where do you get this from?

Separation either last year or this... it varies

It is believed she had/s another male friend, yes

Unsure if ScW is father of all last 4

Unsure if ScW was resident at time

Not heard this about BW living with biological father until 6. Where did you hear this?

How do you know what BW's sexuality was? Source?

Last edited:
I believe this case has a whole lot to do with benefit fraud and possibly abuse.
The other children look ill, malnourished. That is not a symptom of HME.
SaW had a lot of spare time on her hands for a mother of 10. Would be interesting to know if this family was known to social services.
Something has been going on in that household imo. Something that Bernadette was about to expose. They don’t even have the tiny shred of respect for her to reveal where she is. It’s disgusting and I’m shocked that some people are sticking up for these 2 when there’s clearly evidence against them to have been charged

Not sure if SW is married to SaW, or was legally to anyone else, before or now. Where do you get this from?

Separation either last year or this... it varies

It is believed she had/s another male friend, yes

Unsure if ScW is father of all last 4

Unsure if ScW was resident at time

Not heard this about BW living with biological father until 6. Where did you hear this?

How do you know what BW's sexuality was? Source?

Thank you!
In answer to your questions,
ScW posted on Twitter alluding to his Greek marriage certificate in order to obtain a divorce.
Further up this very long thread, another poster showed that according to the electoral register, SaW had been living in Yorkshire with a man, implied to be the father of the older children. Another poster cited SaW’s own FB (now locked) in which she referenced the end of that relationship and her engagement to ScW.
Bernadette indicates very plainly that this is her sexual orientation on Instagram.

I don’t think it’s at all clear how many fathers/step parents are involved with the 10 children or to what extent any of them were present in the kids’ lives. I do think this is potentially relevant; uncertainty about paternity, tensions between step parents and children, related financial issues, especially in the context of a separation, are all potential triggers/flash points for conflict.

I hope that’s okay and I’m not breaking any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1