Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is entirely possible that SaW's defence might be that she is also a victim of ScW's abusive and controlling nature, and that the nine minute phone call was laden with threats.
If so, what is less certain is why she has not been more forthcoming following arrest - unless actually she has been very forthcoming...

When is the five-week trial estimate determined - is it once the skeleton arguments are known? There must be an expectation of quite some detail behind various elements of this case.

Where is the 'Abusive and controlling' element coming from please?

It is entirely possible that SaW's defence might be that she is also a victim of ScW's abusive and controlling nature, and that the nine minute phone call was laden with threats.
If so, what is less certain is why she has not been more forthcoming following arrest - unless actually she has been very forthcoming...

When is the five-week trial estimate determined - is it once the skeleton arguments are known? There must be an expectation of quite some detail behind various elements of this case.

I think 5 weeks is reasonable, given that there are two defendants. So more time is needed for each Counsel to question and cross examine witnesses.

Where is the 'Abusive and controlling' element coming from please?

Ms Wilding QC said; “On July 16 last year, Bernadette Walker, a 17-year-old girl who was known as ‘Bee’ told her mother, Sarah, that her father, Scott, had been sexually abusing her over a number of years.

I refer to the prosecution's opening regarding alleged sexually abusive behaviour towards BW, a behaviour which I infer is also controlling in nature. And I postulate that SaW might claim in defence similarly to be a victim.

I did not intend a statement of fact - apologies if this wasn't clear.

Yeah, 'he threatend my children' could be a compelling argument to a jury. Though any reasonable person would've called 999 in a fraction of a second. Unless she had stuff to hide. We shall soon find out.

Ms Wilding QC said; “On July 16 last year, Bernadette Walker, a 17-year-old girl who was known as ‘Bee’ told her mother, Sarah, that her father, Scott, had been sexually abusing her over a number of years.

I refer to the prosecution's opening regarding alleged sexually abusive behaviour towards BW, a behaviour which I infer is also controlling in nature. And I postulate that SaW might claim in defence similarly to be a victim.

I did not intend a statement of fact - apologies if this wasn't clear.

I thought this would be the case (abuse) when I saw that post on her social media about thanking a friend for giving her the courage to tell her mum something. It was from that date.

So sad.

To think she told her mother and that said'mother' didn't believe her breaks my heart. Then she sends the abuser to pick her up?!:mad:
Then lets police go on a wild goose chase covering up the murder is just unbelievably evil.
Even if she doesn't know where Bernie's body is, she is still guilty. I hope she gets a lengthy sentence and never sees her children again. MOO

This is indeed a possibility, her claims of domestic abuse. However, there were plenty of things she could have done if that were the case. She has also family and friends, there are also help services and refuges for such incidences (will be interesting to see if any witnesses are called from any one of the latter two saying she contacted them for help), so if things were that bad she could have got out.

And then to say her daughter was lying, what was that about. Regardless of what she was going through, she should have made sure her underage daughter was protected.

A teenage student was murdered by her father to silence her claims that he sexually abused her, a court has heard.

Bernadette Walker, 17, was last seen when Scott Walker, 51, picked her up from his parents' Peterborough home, jurors heard. He denies her murder.

Prosecutors allege he and and her mother Sarah Walker, 38, then formed an "unholy alliance" to cover up her death. Her body has never been found.

Both deny perverting the course of justice.

Prosecutor Lisa Wilding QC told Cambridge Crown Court that on 16 July Bernadette, also known as Bea, told her mother her father "had been sexually abusing her over a number of years".

"Sarah Walker told Bernadette that she did not believe her," said Ms Wilding.

"The following day, it was decided that Bernadette should go and spend the night with her paternal grandparents while things calmed down a little."

Bernadette's father collected her from her grandparents' house the following morning, prosecutors allege.

"Since the day she disappeared she has not used or sought to access her telephone or social media accounts, she has had access to no money or banking and has not been seen at any hospital or other surgery," said Ms Wilding.

"No-one who knew her or loved her has heard from her since that day."

Ms Wilding said Bernadette was "presumed dead", adding: "The prosecution allege that Scott Walker killed Bea to prevent her pursuing her allegations of sexual abuse any further."

She said Mr Walker's phone was off between 11:23 BST and 12:54 on 18 July and "the prosecution say that in that hour and a half he killed Bea".

Dad killed daughter to end abuse claims, court told - BBC News

Ms Wilding said Scott Walker claimed Bee had run off after he stopped the car to confront her about the allegations.

Ms Wildiing said: “In the minutes, hours and days that followed, Scott and Sarah Walker hacked into Bee’s social media accounts, sent false messages from her phone, pretending to be from her, designed to make a false trail.”

Ms Wilding said it was a ‘devious’ plan to explain why they had not reported Bee’s disappearance to police.

She said: “All parental love and responsibility had gone - if it had ever existed.

“Never did they offer to help and find her.”

Bernadette was reported missing on July 21 in an early morning call from Sarah Walker, who told police Bee had run away.

Bernadette Walker trial: Parents of missing Peterborough teenager set up ‘unholy alliance’ after her dad killed Bernadette, jury told

So who decided she had to go and live with grandparents? And why his? Surely you would not want your daughter to have anything to do with her abuser or any of his family?

Why was she hauled back home the next day again? On whose orders?

“The following day, Bee went to go and live with her paternal grandparents while things at home calmed down.”

The following day between 10am and 11am, Scott Walker collected Bee, and set off to drive her back to the family home.

it's disgusting to read that SW didn't believe Bea. Imagine gathering up the courage to talk to your mother about something as serious as sexual abuse only not to be believed, makes my blood boil, poor Bea :mad::(

Lisa Wilding QC, opening the prosecution case, said the teenager “has literally never been seen again”.

The court heard how Bernadette’s parents told the police she had run away and sent messages from her phone to friends and family pretending to be her to divert detectives.

Wilding said Bernadette dressed as “something of a Goth” and had a habit of dying her hair in rainbow colours. Her friends described her as “socially awkward” and she formed many of her friendships online.

Scott Walker alleges Bernadette jumped out of the car on the drive home from his parents’ house and ran off, and claims he tried and failed to run after her before returning home, the court heard.

Her parents then hacked into Bernadette’s social media accounts and sent false messages from her phone, which was still in their possession, the court heard, in an attempt to “lay a false trail to explain their subsequent failure to report her missing to the police”.

Wilding said by diverting the investigation for so long “any hope of finding Bea’s body disappeared with her”.

“They lied to everyone around them … about her disappearance and they were unflinching in their pursuit of their devious, wicked plan,” she said. Both were arrested more than six weeks later.

“To this day, neither of them accepts that Bea is dead,” Wilding added.

Father of missing girl killed her to silence sexual abuse claims, court told

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members