Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernadette Walker death: Father ‘murdered teenage daughter to silence sex abuse claims’

"Bernadette, a ‘socially awkward’ teenager whose friendships were generally limited to people she had met only on social media, was reported missing on July 21 by her mother, who had ten children by seven men."

...the jury was told Bernadette had recently sent text messages to her mother in which she revealed she had been raped and sexually assaulted by her stepfather for about seven years. She also claimed he had planted a camera in her bedroom and bathroom, the court was told.

In one message, she said: ‘Most of the times was in the games room when you started night shifts.’

Bernadette Walker death: Father ‘murdered teenage daughter to silence sex abuse claims’

"Bernadette, a ‘socially awkward’ teenager whose friendships were generally limited to people she had met only on social media, was reported missing on July 21 by her mother, who had ten children by seven men."
Goodness, I could weep after reading that account. And to think he even enrolled on the same college course. There was no escape. Poor Bea. If only she had run away.

I didn’t know you were even “allowed” to refuse to commit to a trial. It seems to me that that would massively skew a jury.
You can’t refuse, but you can put in an appeal explaining job commitments etc- sometimes you will be excused altogether and other times you have to attend to then be excused. Teachers, serving military, surgeons etc all are legally obligated to do jury service but can be excused by a judge.

You can’t refuse, but you can put in an appeal explaining job commitments etc- sometimes you will be excused altogether and other times you have to attend to then be excused. Teachers, serving military, surgeons etc all are legally obligated to do jury service but can be excused by a judge.
I was excused the first time as I argued that it coincided with the start of a new job. The call up was postponed for 6 months which was great because I eventually got a really meaty 6 week case, plus two weeks of adjournment whilst witnesses were flown in from around the globe. Most interesting couple of months of my life.

Snipped from Tortoise post above

Sarah, that her father, Scott, had been sexually abusing her over a number of years.

“Mother and daughter spoke all through the night and into the morning.

Sarah said she did not believe her.

I wonder who provided that piece of information ?
Grandparents? Unless SaW told them, and this is her defence for everything that follows- she didn’t believe it happened and she thought her daughter was a liar- so bought into SCW version of events.

One possibility might be ScW murdered B at his parent's house. They may not have been at home at the time.

Is there proof he didn't stay at his parents? Perhaps they have CCTV on him leaving with her. But if he stayed and did something to her there, I hope there was a search there, forensics preferably. MOO

I also wonder how much she told them. It's her abuser's parents, would they also take his side like her mother? Perhaps she didn't say anything because she thought they would react the same as Sarah.

Ten children by seven men...

I refer back to CJS83's helpful post on thread #1:
Deceased/Not Found - UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests*

If BW and her two closest siblings share a common father (from 1999-2005), then the younger seven children are from at least six different men (seven if one is also a full sibling of BW).

Six of the seven children were born approx 2007-2015, with the youngest born in 2020. ScW and SaW were together from 2009 or before, yet ScW has not fathered most/any of the children.

So what exactly was their relationship? Is it possible that SaW and ScW knew all along about SaW's promiscuity and ScW's abuse, and therefore each tolerated the other?

MOO

Ten children by seven men...

I refer back to CJS83's helpful post on thread #1:
Deceased/Not Found - UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests*

If BW and her two closest siblings share a common father (from 1999-2005), then the younger seven children are from at least six different men (seven if one is also a full sibling of BW).

Six of the seven children were born approx 2007-2015, with the youngest born in 2020. ScW and SaW were together from 2009 or before, yet ScW has not fathered most/any of the children.

So what exactly was their relationship? Is it possible that SaW and ScW knew all along about SaW's promiscuity and ScW's abuse, and therefore each tolerated the other?

MOO
I was surpised by that revelation from the prosecution. I expect they'll return to it later and we'll learn whether he is the natural father of any of the kids. Perhaps we'll learn of fertility issues. There was much speculation earlier in this thread about why they didn't marry, but of course if they had, that would potentially jepodise any child maintenance payments (x7). MOO

Grandparents? Unless SaW told them, and this is her defence for everything that follows- she didn’t believe it happened and she thought her daughter was a liar- so bought into SCW version of events.
Are her paternal grandparents, his parents? He is her stepfather. One in a long line, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member