Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are her paternal grandparents, his parents? He is her stepfather. One in a long line, it seems.
Yes, in a manner of speaking. The accused were never married. He and his parents arrived on the scene when BW was 7, so they are not paternal grandparents in a legal sense but they fulfilled that role within the family structure from that point forward.

So who decided she had to go and live with grandparents? And why his? Surely you would not want your daughter to have anything to do with her abuser or any of his family?

Why was she hauled back home the next day again? On whose orders?

“The following day, Bee went to go and live with her paternal grandparents while things at home calmed down.”

The following day between 10am and 11am, Scott Walker collected Bee, and set off to drive her back to the family home.

I thought he was her step dad! So the paternal parents would be her bio dads parents. I could also be totally confused! Moo

I was surpised by that revelation from the prosecution. I expect they'll return to it later and we'll learn whether he is the natural father of any of the kids. Perhaps we'll learn of fertility issues. There was much speculation earlier in this thread about why they didn't marry, but of course if they had, that would potentially jepodise any child maintenance payments (x7). MOO

I think I recall that he is the bio dad to the three kids with the medical issues. Moo

I think I recall that he is the bio dad to the three kids with the medical issues. Moo
I'm not sure that we know that as fact, though he could be one of the 7 fathers of the 10 and be father of the 3 disabled kids. That would leave 6 fathers for the remaining 7 kids. I'm sure that this will be clarified at some juncture.

Just seen this on Twitter

I believe the language used in court was “the prosecution case is that, as you will find, there is no other sensible conclusion as to the content of the call” (or something similar).
That is rather different to the reported headline, and I’ve not seen that point reported so conclusively elsewhere…

I believe the language used in court was “the prosecution case is that, as you will find, there is no other sensible conclusion as to the content of the call” (or something similar).
That is rather different to the reported headline, and I’ve not seen that point reported so conclusively elsewhere…
If you find the article it gives a lot clearer time line and places Scott in the garages before he goes to collect her and again later
Bernadette Walker trial: Jury told teenager’s dad ‘confessed to her mum during nine minute phone call after killing Bernadette’

From Confused Pineapple's link above

On the night of July 17, Bernadette went to stay with her paternal grandparents - but left her phone at home. Ms Wilding QC said Bernadette was a typical teenager, and was often on her phone using social media.
The jury was told Bernadette arrived at her grandparent’s home just after 10pm, and she was upset and crying, before going to bed at about 1am.
Ms Wilding QC said that at around 3.15am Bernadette’s phone activated a cell site at the family home in Century Square - while she was asleep at another address in the city.

The following morning, Scott Walker left the home in Century Square at 10.25am.
GPS data showed he stopped off at a lock-up garage on Montagu Road in Walton.
He stayed there for a few minutes, walking around 40 steps before leaving, and arriving at the grandparent’s home at 10.49am.

While he was out, there was activity on Bernadette’s Facebook account and one of her email accounts.
Ms Wilding QC said: “She (Bernadette) was not missing at this stage, and was just waiting to be picked up. What reason could Sarah have had to be spying on email and Facebook accounts, or looking at her phone?”

Scott stayed at the grandparent’s house for around 15 minutes as he picked Bernadette up.

Ms Wilding QC said; “When Bernadette left her grandparent’s house, it was the last time she was to be seen alive by anyone save for the defendant Scott Walker.”

Having left the grandparent’s house in Dukesmead, Werrington, Ms Wilding QC said Scott Walker’s phone activated cell sites in the Gunthorpe area between 11.16am and 11.23am.
The jury were shown a map of the area, and Ms Wilding QC said: “Where ever he was, you may think that is in the opposite direction of their home.
Why he went in that direction and what happened is known only to Scott.”

The jury were told that between 11.16am and 11.23am, Scott’s phone recorded that he had got out of the car and walked 410 steps.
Ms Wilding QC said; “What he was doing in those 410 steps, where Bernadette was and what was happening is known only to Scott.”

The jury were told that at 11.23am, Scott’s phone was disconnected from the network - and would not reconnect for an hour and a half, when it was turned on again at 12.54pm.

Ms Wilding QC said; “It is impossible to say where he was at that point.
“It is impossible to tell you where Bernadette was when she was killed.
“From that moment on, Bernadette Walker has never been seen again.”

Sarah Walker had tried to call Scott Walker while the phone was off. The first connection that was made when he turned the phone on was to call Sarah Walker, with a call that lasted nine minutes and 16 seconds.

Ms Wilding QC said; “Think about that for a minute - an almost 10 minute phone call, and how much can be said in that time.”

Ms Wilder QC told the jury Scott Walker said he and Bernadette had talked about the allegations, and she had walked out of the car, never to be seen again.

She said: “We suggest that makes no sense at all.
“The call can only be a confession telling her (Sarah) and how best to cover it up.

We say when you look at the evidence, that is the only sensible inference, from the length and timing of the call.”

Ms Wilding QC told the jury to put themselves in the position of a parent, asking them what they would do.

She said: “As a mother, you would retrace steps, knock on doors, call the police - do anything you could to get her back.

“What Sarah did was to start a campaign of lies and deceit designed to mislead everyone about the whereabouts of Bernadette.”
The jury were told that messages were sent from Bernadette’s phone - one to a friend, which said she had ran away.

The court was also told by Ms Wilding QC that messages were sent by Sarah Walker to Bernadette’s phone - and from Bernadette’s phone to Sarah Walker’s phone.

The messages said:

Bernadette’s phone “Can you forgive me?”

Sarah Walker’s phone: “Of course I can darling, please come home.”

Bernadette’s phone: “Sorry, will I be in lots of trouble?”

Sarah Walker’s phone: “No, we can forget this happened.”

Ms Wilding QC described Sarah Walker’s actions as ‘a fraud.’

At about 2.30pm that afternoon, Scott Walker went back to the garage.
Ms Wilding QC said: “The prosecution say Bernadette Walker was already dead at that point. He may have been taking the body to the garage to be stored while they worked out what happened next.”

Bernadette Walker trial: Jury told teenager’s dad ‘confessed to her mum during nine minute phone call after killing Bernadette’

I thought he was her step dad! So the paternal parents would be her bio dads parents. I could also be totally confused! Moo

He is her step dad. The grandparents referred to are ScW's father and stepmother. So they are not Bernadette's bio grandparents.

Just editing this as, to be completely accurate, he is her mother's partner, not her step dad, as ScW and Sarah W were not married.

Last edited:
From Confused Pineapple's link above

On the night of July 17, Bernadette went to stay with her paternal grandparents - but left her phone at home. Ms Wilding QC said Bernadette was a typical teenager, and was often on her phone using social media.
The jury was told Bernadette arrived at her grandparent’s home just after 10pm, and she was upset and crying, before going to bed at about 1am.
Ms Wilding QC said that at around 3.15am Bernadette’s phone activated a cell site at the family home in Century Square - while she was asleep at another address in the city.

The following morning, Scott Walker left the home in Century Square at 10.25am.
GPS data showed he stopped off at a lock-up garage on Montagu Road in Walton.
He stayed there for a few minutes, walking around 40 steps before leaving, and arriving at the grandparent’s home at 10.49am.

While he was out, there was activity on Bernadette’s Facebook account and one of her email accounts.
Ms Wilding QC said: “She (Bernadette) was not missing at this stage, and was just waiting to be picked up. What reason could Sarah have had to be spying on email and Facebook accounts, or looking at her phone?”

Scott stayed at the grandparent’s house for around 15 minutes as he picked Bernadette up.

Ms Wilding QC said; “When Bernadette left her grandparent’s house, it was the last time she was to be seen alive by anyone save for the defendant Scott Walker.”

Having left the grandparent’s house in Dukesmead, Werrington, Ms Wilding QC said Scott Walker’s phone activated cell sites in the Gunthorpe area between 11.16am and 11.23am.
The jury were shown a map of the area, and Ms Wilding QC said: “Where ever he was, you may think that is in the opposite direction of their home.
Why he went in that direction and what happened is known only to Scott.”

The jury were told that between 11.16am and 11.23am, Scott’s phone recorded that he had got out of the car and walked 410 steps.
Ms Wilding QC said; “What he was doing in those 410 steps, where Bernadette was and what was happening is known only to Scott.”

The jury were told that at 11.23am, Scott’s phone was disconnected from the network - and would not reconnect for an hour and a half, when it was turned on again at 12.54pm.

Ms Wilding QC said; “It is impossible to say where he was at that point.
“It is impossible to tell you where Bernadette was when she was killed.
“From that moment on, Bernadette Walker has never been seen again.”

Sarah Walker had tried to call Scott Walker while the phone was off. The first connection that was made when he turned the phone on was to call Sarah Walker, with a call that lasted nine minutes and 16 seconds.

Ms Wilding QC said; “Think about that for a minute - an almost 10 minute phone call, and how much can be said in that time.”

Ms Wilder QC told the jury Scott Walker said he and Bernadette had talked about the allegations, and she had walked out of the car, never to be seen again.

She said: “We suggest that makes no sense at all.
“The call can only be a confession telling her (Sarah) and how best to cover it up.

We say when you look at the evidence, that is the only sensible inference, from the length and timing of the call.”

Ms Wilding QC told the jury to put themselves in the position of a parent, asking them what they would do.

She said: “As a mother, you would retrace steps, knock on doors, call the police - do anything you could to get her back.

“What Sarah did was to start a campaign of lies and deceit designed to mislead everyone about the whereabouts of Bernadette.”
The jury were told that messages were sent from Bernadette’s phone - one to a friend, which said she had ran away.

The court was also told by Ms Wilding QC that messages were sent by Sarah Walker to Bernadette’s phone - and from Bernadette’s phone to Sarah Walker’s phone.

The messages said:

Bernadette’s phone “Can you forgive me?”

Sarah Walker’s phone: “Of course I can darling, please come home.”

Bernadette’s phone: “Sorry, will I be in lots of trouble?”

Sarah Walker’s phone: “No, we can forget this happened.”

Ms Wilding QC described Sarah Walker’s actions as ‘a fraud.’

At about 2.30pm that afternoon, Scott Walker went back to the garage.
Ms Wilding QC said: “The prosecution say Bernadette Walker was already dead at that point. He may have been taking the body to the garage to be stored while they worked out what happened next.”

Thanks Alyce. So it seems possible his first trip to the garage was either to scope it out as a hiding place or to collect a murder weapon. Or both, even.

Those faked texts, continuing with the narrative that the poor girl made it up, that makes me so angry.

I find it disgusting the mother has put up a £5000 "reward" for her return knowing she won't be coming back.
I know.

Same thing happened in Suzanne Morphew disappearance, her husband putting up a reward for "safe return".

Maybe this is a flag we should look for in other cases, seems to be a "thing".

Just thinking ...

Was there prior social services involvement? If not, it's so sad that many people (wrongly) think that social services will immediately rip their children from their arms the minute an issue is reported ...

Trying not to jump to the conclusion that Bernadettes murder was planned too after hearing that Scott visited the lockup before and after!

What does this mean? She left phone at home (if so, why)? Or there was a second phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic