Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are lots of watery places in that countryside. The Police searched the River Wellend but I can't recall anywhere else. It's either water or ground. What is the significance of Ulldale Way? Is it suggested that he spent an hour and a half in that location in the dead of night or that it was a one off phone ping? Seems pretty residential to me, unless he had access to a property there. Cowbit could have been a roadtrip to purposely use BWs phone to suggest she was in that area. There was the reference early on from SaW to Eastern Europeans in that area.
Yeah, we have no context for Ulldale Way. Does he have another lockup there? Did he stop to park up before venturing out towards Cowbit?
Oh ok then Skaters way is actually the Rd that Cuckoos Hollow is situated on.

Google Maps
Heavily wooded at one end.

Bernadette Walker, 17, was last seen alive on July 18 last year when Scott Walker, who is not her biological father, collected her from an overnight stay at her grandparents’ house in Peterborough, Cambridge Crown Court heard.

Prosecutors allege that 51-year-old Scott Walker killed Bernadette to “prevent her pursuing her allegations of sexual abuse any further”.

Her body has not been found despite police searches.

Scott Walker is then accused of forming an “unholy alliance” with Bernadette’s 38-year-old mother Sarah Walker to mislead investigators, sending messages from Bernadette’s phone and social media accounts to claim that she ran away, said Lisa Wilding QC, opening the prosecution case.

She said Sarah Walker, who is not married to Scott Walker but changed her surname by deed poll, reported photography student Bernadette missing on July 21.

Sarah Walker lived with Scott Walker but their relationship had broken down and she had a new boyfriend, Christopher O’Connell, Ms Wilding said.

She said that police officer Elizabeth Aspland went to search Bernadette’s bedroom on July 23 as part of the missing person’s investigation.

Ms Wilding said Scott Walker was in the house when PC Aspland arrived and he “became tearful”.

“He told her that Sarah was in a relationship with another man, Chris,” said Ms Wilding.

“Bernadette had made some false allegations against him, Scott, and he thought that was done probably to get him, Scott, out of the house so Chris could move in.”

Scott Walker “showed no emotion about Bernadette but was emotional about losing Sarah to her new boyfriend” when police spoke to him on a separate occasion on September 9, Ms Wilding said.

She said Scott Walker told police he “couldn’t remember the exact location [Bernadette] disappeared from as he had a lot on his mind at the time”.

“He drew a map of the area but told police he wouldn’t be able to locate the spot,” she said.

“He showed no emotion about Bernadette, but was emotional about losing Sarah to her new boyfriend.

“He was specifically asked if [Bernadette] had her phone with her when he picked her up that morning. He said he didn’t know but he didn’t see or hear one.”

He said she ran away when he stopped the car.

Ms Wilding said police found Bernadette’s rucksack in a lock-up used by Scott Walker.

“There’s evidence Bernadette had her period at the time she disappeared,” said Ms Wilding.

“You can see she had sanitary protection in her bag along with basic toiletries and clothing.”

She said that the bag being inside the lock-up and not taken with Bernadette “speaks volumes about what really happened”.

Ms Wilding said police spoke to Sarah Walker on September 9 at her new boyfriend’s address.

Sarah Walker said she “didn’t believe the sexual allegations Bernadette made against Scott, but blamed Scott for arguing with her on the way home causing Bernadette to disappear”, Ms Wilding said.

Bernadette’s mother also made allegations against Scott Walker, saying that she thought he “used her thumb while she was asleep to access her phone so he could track her”, Ms Wilding said.

“She said he spied on her at [her new boyfriend] Chris’s house and sent her pictures, so she knew he was there, and he messaged her repeatedly when she was at Chris’s house until he got a reply.”

Sarah Walker also told police Scott Walker should have moved out after they split up but had not, Ms Wilding said.

Father 'showed no emotion' about missing daughter, court told - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk

Says A LOT

Ms Wilding said police found Bernadette’s rucksack in a lock-up used by Scott Walker.

“There’s evidence Bernadette had her period at the time she disappeared,” said Ms Wilding.

“You can see she had sanitary protection in her bag along with basic toiletries and clothing.”

She said that the bag being inside the lock-up and not taken with Bernadette “speaks volumes about what really happened”.

Bernadette Walker, 17, was last seen alive on July 18 last year when Scott Walker, who is not her biological father, collected her from an overnight stay at her grandparents’ house in Peterborough, Cambridge Crown Court heard.

Prosecutors allege that 51-year-old Scott Walker killed Bernadette to “prevent her pursuing her allegations of sexual abuse any further”.

Her body has not been found despite police searches.

Scott Walker is then accused of forming an “unholy alliance” with Bernadette’s 38-year-old mother Sarah Walker to mislead investigators, sending messages from Bernadette’s phone and social media accounts to claim that she ran away, said Lisa Wilding QC, opening the prosecution case.

She said Sarah Walker, who is not married to Scott Walker but changed her surname by deed poll, reported photography student Bernadette missing on July 21.

Sarah Walker lived with Scott Walker but their relationship had broken down and she had a new boyfriend, Christopher O’Connell, Ms Wilding said.

She said that police officer Elizabeth Aspland went to search Bernadette’s bedroom on July 23 as part of the missing person’s investigation.

Ms Wilding said Scott Walker was in the house when PC Aspland arrived and he “became tearful”.

“He told her that Sarah was in a relationship with another man, Chris,” said Ms Wilding.

“Bernadette had made some false allegations against him, Scott, and he thought that was done probably to get him, Scott, out of the house so Chris could move in.”

Scott Walker “showed no emotion about Bernadette but was emotional about losing Sarah to her new boyfriend” when police spoke to him on a separate occasion on September 9, Ms Wilding said.

She said Scott Walker told police he “couldn’t remember the exact location [Bernadette] disappeared from as he had a lot on his mind at the time”.

“He drew a map of the area but told police he wouldn’t be able to locate the spot,” she said.

“He showed no emotion about Bernadette, but was emotional about losing Sarah to her new boyfriend.

“He was specifically asked if [Bernadette] had her phone with her when he picked her up that morning. He said he didn’t know but he didn’t see or hear one.”

He said she ran away when he stopped the car.

Ms Wilding said police spoke to Sarah Walker on September 9 at her new boyfriend’s address.

Sarah Walker said she “didn’t believe the sexual allegations Bernadette made against Scott, but blamed Scott for arguing with her on the way home causing Bernadette to disappear”, Ms Wilding said.

Bernadette’s mother also made allegations against Scott Walker, saying that she thought he “used her thumb while she was asleep to access her phone so he could track her”, Ms Wilding said.

“She said he spied on her at [her new boyfriend] Chris’s house and sent her pictures, so she knew he was there, and he messaged her repeatedly when she was at Chris’s house until he got a reply.”

Sarah Walker also told police Scott Walker should have moved out after they split up but had not, Ms Wilding said.

Father 'showed no emotion' about missing daughter, court told - PeterboroughMatters.co.uk
Ah, Deed Poll. I did wonder about that.

So the counter claims have started and i'm sure we will see more of that as we progress but i'm still very confused.
So we have a new man in her life, did this start after B disappeared or before? The fact that she is pursuing a relationship with another man whilst ScW is still living with her kind of throws out the "I was Scared of him" argument though.

So this new relationship was either very new or in place before the disappearance. Would any normal human being look to hook up with a new man/woman whilst you were worrying about your daughter who was last seen with a man whom she had accused of raping her, all the whilst he still lives in your house. I have to say this whole new relationship thing seems very fishy to me.

I'm not sure how this stacks up as we are hearing.

You have just told your mother your father has been sexually abusing you, yet seemingly you go with - or are allowed by your mother to go with - that same man you have just accused, to his parents house to stay, and then, the next day you travel home with him.

Doesn't that all seem strange??

You have just told your mother your father has been sexually abusing you, yet seemingly you go with - or are allowed by your mother to go with - that same man you have just accused, to his parents house to stay, and then, the next day you travel home with him.

It does. I can't imagine Bernadette being real enthusiastic about that. How did they get her to get in the car? How much do his father and stepmother know about why Bernadette was coming over?

Almost like they sent her away and during that night planned how to silence her for good. I can imagine it being ScW’s idea initially that she would have to die, probably using SaW’s worry of having her kids taken away to convince her that this was the only option. By morning she was complicit and sent Scott to collect her and carry out the murder. JMO

Im not suggesting that you have mixed the dates up but this is taken from the Peterborough ET and trust me they are not known for accuracy. For example this is the headline of the piece
Bernadette Walker murder trial: Teenager’s parents made midnight trip to Cowbit day after Bernadette was last seen alive, jury told

This then goes on to detail the timeline you have posted, but the day after the 18th is the 19th. This is why I think they have not been clear on this.

Yes, they must have departed just after midnight from their home, in order to arrive at the garage at 12.27am, which makes it Monday July 20.

I agree, PT are not the best when it comes to accuracy, but to be fair to them, they are taking this information from the details released to journos by the court.

There was speculation earlier on this thread that ScW wasn't the new baby's father.

You look at his FB though, and he is gloating over the baby. Not sure if it was another man's he'd be as enamoured. Though likely if she was seeing the new bf at same time, she didn't know herself!

It does. I can't imagine Bernadette being real enthusiastic about that. How did they get her to get in the car? How much do his father and stepmother know about why Bernadette was coming over?

That’s a real head scratcher.. maybe Sarah convinced her that she was going to confront Scott and kick him out and told Bernadette she shouldn’t be there while she confronted him about the SA accusations..

Sarah and Scott must have talked about getting Bernadette out the way and decided ScW parents was the best place because she wasn’t likely to tell them about the abuse. Then if Bernadette was upset that night the grandparents contacted ScW and SaW to ask what was upsetting her, they both panicked that she was about to speak out so that’s when Scott decided to collect her the next morning and silence her for good. All MOO

I am hoping that we can hear something of BW state of mind on the evening she went to grandparents. It’s odd to not have her phone with her, and sets my alarm bells off. Sounds like she had packed a bag prepared to be away for at least a couple of days, so why no phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
relaxininaz