Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A site I've just looked at Lakes First Aid says that this is a myth. "To make a 999 call the phone needs to show some ‘signal bars’ or a message such as ‘emergency calls only’. It must also have an active SIM card (with or without credit)".

Just to clarify what an 'emergency call' is...

Dialling 999 is not an emergency call (in mobile phone terms) - it is a f.o.c dialled call to emergency services using your provider's network.

Using the emergency call function of your phone is an inbuilt automated process independent of a SIM card, that connects direct to you country's emergency call handlers.

So, yes, you are right, you do need a SIM card to dial 999, but you can make an emergency call without a SIM card.

HTH...

Just to clarify what an 'emergency call' is...

Dialling 999 is not an emergency call (in mobile phone terms) - it is a f.o.c dialled call to emergency services using your provider's network.

Using the emergency call function of your phone is an inbuilt automated process independent of a SIM card, that connects direct to you country's emergency call handlers.

So, yes, you are right, you do need a SIM card to dial 999, but you can make an emergency call without a SIM card.

HTH...
Crikey. Who knew? I suspect virtually no-one knows that this is possible. If you don't dial a number, how do you initiate the call? [sorry that this is going off topic]

Yes I think it could have been a joint tenancy. So he could not be made to move out. I wonder if SaW was considering moving in with the boyfriend and leaving the older kids behind with ScW? Could this have prompted BWs allegations as she would not want to be left with ScW?

Or perhaps his strange posts with a baby that possibly wasn't his. Can't figure that one out at all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Baby must be new bf's as she was conceived after they got together if I'm right, unless SaW was still sleeping with ScW. I am interested in how new Bf took that baby got ScW surname and he was claiming her on social media etc.
JMO speculating.
Just thinking about this whole triangle makes my head hurt.

Am I right in thinking that stepgrandma was only told there was an issue, ScW didn't go into details 'just was hoping she'd open up' (I bet..). She didn't say anything just 'Im not lying' and they changed the subject?
So grandma was not actually told about the reason why she was shipped off to them?

Why didn't she ask about it further? Was this normal for them to receive an upset grandchild?

I wish Bea opened up to her and told her about it. Would she have stood up to her stepson and not let Bea go back with him I wonder.

All speculation and MOO

Crikey. Who knew? I suspect virtually no-one knows that this is possible. If you don't dial a number, how do you initiate the call? [sorry that this is going off topic]

I just fired up my old Google Pixel phone, which has no SIM card & is factory reset.

Upon booting, it loads set up screen, bottom left corner it says ' emergency call '

20210624_124319.jpg

Clicking that takes me to this screen ( picture below ) - I have no idea what happens after that though as I don't want to risk it spamming 999

20210624_124352.jpg

Am I right in thinking that stepgrandma was only told there was an issue, ScW didn't go into details 'just was hoping she'd open up' (I bet..). She didn't say anything just 'Im not lying' and they changed the subject?
So grandma was not actually told about the reason why she was shipped off to them?

Why didn't she ask about it further? Was this normal for them to receive an upset grandchild?

I wish Bea opened up to her and told her about it. Would she have stood up to her stepson and not let Bea go back with him I wonder.

All speculation and MOO

According to this article she was aware of what the issue was

"She said she had been contacted on the 17th asking if Bernadette could stay, and had been told there had been a sexual allegation made by Bernadette against Scott Walker."

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Teenager told her grandmother ‘she just wanted her mum to believe her’ and ‘she wasn’t lying’ over sexual abuse allegations

Or perhaps his strange posts with a baby that possibly wasn't his. Can't figure that one out at all!
Thinking about it with what we know now, I'd guess most of ScW's facebook posts were about trying to get rid of Chris, making him think the baby was Scott's and that he and Sarah were still in a sexual relationship.

for example

Scott Walker
She’s growing so much
1f496.png
look at that Smile... Beautiful!
(I may be a little Biased)
1f970.png

She beautiful xx
Scott Walker Thank you so much
1f60a.png

Shes gorgeous
Scott Walker She really is... Warms my heart
2764.png

Scott Walker updated his cover photo.

3 June 2020 ·
Just a quick shot I took last night of Beautiful Sarah Louise.. Thank you
1f60a.png

I just fired up my old Google Pixel phone, which has no SIM card & is factory reset.

Upon booting, it loads set up screen, bottom left corner it says ' emergency call '

View attachment 302055

Clicking that takes me to this screen ( picture below ) - I have no idea what happens after that though as I don't want to risk it spamming 999

View attachment 302056
I think this is important safety information, especially for children as virtually all of my children's friends have phones without sims as do two of mine. I'll certainly be teaching them how to do this.

I think this is important safety information, especially for children as virtually all of my children's friends have phones without sims as do two of mine. I'll certainly be teaching them how to do this.

I can also access the emergency call screen on that phone by long pressing the button used to power the phone on / off , it gives options to power off, reboot & emergency call.

Other handsets might be a little different but I would imagine they all must have this feature built in.

Thinking about it with what we know now, I'd guess most of ScW's facebook posts were about trying to get rid of Chris, making him think the baby was Scott's and that he and Sarah were still in a sexual relationship.

for example

Scott Walker
She’s growing so much
1f496.png
look at that Smile... Beautiful!
(I may be a little Biased)
1f970.png

She beautiful xx
Scott Walker Thank you so much
1f60a.png

Shes gorgeous
Scott Walker She really is... Warms my heart
2764.png

Scott Walker updated his cover photo.

3 June 2020 ·
Just a quick shot I took last night of Beautiful Sarah Louise.. Thank you
1f60a.png
Just... Gross. Vile people

I believe that the motive could have been this simple. : BWs allegations completely mess up SaWs lifestyle and freedom. If BW reported it to the police ,social services would have been involved . ScW would have been made to move out whil the allegations were investigated As someone else said I think it suited SaW to have ScW living at home for many reasons. Built in babysitter enabling visits to new boyfriend, friends outings etc. " sharing the load of childcare ,domestic duties etc. Hard to cope with 10 kids as a single parent. She may have told the older siblings and the boyfriend that she wanted him out but she obviously didn't. ScW of course would not want to leave. Where would he go he would lose all the income and was probably hoping that the new Relationship would fizzle out at some point, hence his willingness to accept new baby as his. HE seems to be besotted by SaW. SaW may also have been hedging her bets for the same reason. Cake and eat it springs to mind. I actually believe SaW was the mastermind here and ScW a besotted puppet ,albeit an evil one

On to the next witness, and lunch...

Cambridge Crown Court 1 T20207197
Sarah Walker
Scott Walker
Details: Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 7 Sworn - 10:05
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 11:45 - 11:16
Trial (Part Heard) - Resume - 11:42
Trial (Part Heard) - No Event - 11:46
Trial (Part Heard) - Witness Number 8 Sworn - 12:10
Trial (Part Heard) - Case adjourned until 14:00 - 12:51

https://www.thelawpages.com/court-hearings-lists/Cambridge-Crown-Court.php
I am not really familiar with trial format. Are all these current witnesses Prosecution witnesses? Also do we actually know if ScW and SaW will actually take the stand and give evidence or can they choose not to?

I believe that the motive could have been this simple. : BWs allegations completely mess up SaWs lifestyle and freedom. If BW reported it to the police ,social services would have been involved . ScW would have been made to move out whil the allegations were investigated As someone else said I think it suited SaW to have ScW living at home for many reasons. Built in babysitter enabling visits to new boyfriend, friends outings etc. " sharing the load of childcare ,domestic duties etc. Hard to cope with 10 kids as a single parent. She may have told the older siblings and the boyfriend that she wanted him out but she obviously didn't. ScW of course would not want to leave. Where would he go he would lose all the income and was probably hoping that the new Relationship would fizzle out at some point, hence his willingness to accept new baby as his. HE seems to be besotted by SaW. SaW may also have been hedging her bets for the same reason. Cake and eat it springs to mind. I actually believe SaW was the mastermind here and ScW a besotted puppet ,albeit an evil one

I agree! You pretty much typed what I was thinking.

IMO whether she knew prior to Bernadette being killed or after, Sarah is utterly complicit in the whole sorry mess.

She's a liar and a manipulator.

Another thought ...

I think Sarah felt betrayed by Scott AND Bernadette when Bernadette told her about the sexual abuse.

I think she felt jealous and angry at Scott - not for raping her daughter but for 'cheating' on her.

I think she was angry with Bernadette for A, (in Sarah's mind) 'being with' Scott and B, for telling her about it ...

Sarah is a narcissist, she didn't instantly think 'oh no! My poor baby' - she thought 'oh no! Poor me, how could this happen to me! This will change everything for ME' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces