Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Baby must be new bf's as she was conceived after they got together if I'm right, unless SaW was still sleeping with ScW. I am interested in how new Bf took that baby got ScW surname and he was claiming her on social media etc.
JMO speculating.
Just thinking about this whole triangle makes my head hurt.

its much weirder. She was living and in a relationship with one (on the days he wasn’t molesting her daughter) and still seeing the other one. They seem happy with this arrangement too

Thinking about it with what we know now, I'd guess most of ScW's facebook posts were about trying to get rid of Chris, making him think the baby was Scott's and that he and Sarah were still in a sexual relationship.

for example

Scott Walker
She’s growing so much
1f496.png
look at that Smile... Beautiful!
(I may be a little Biased)
1f970.png

She beautiful xx
Scott Walker Thank you so much
1f60a.png

Shes gorgeous
Scott Walker She really is... Warms my heart
2764.png

Scott Walker updated his cover photo.

3 June 2020 ·
Just a quick shot I took last night of Beautiful Sarah Louise.. Thank you
1f60a.png
Quite possibly she was still in a sexual relationship with ScW ? Maybe she wasn't even sure of the paternity herself . Lets face it ,had to be one or the other unless ??? JMO of course

He was used to controlling her and she was used to being compliant. I'm not surprised she didn't put up a fuss.

she had no money or phone and we were in lockdown with most services stopped. Where could she go? Yes she could and probably should have phoned the police, but she’s also seen a wall of protection by her family calling her a liar.

she had no money or phone and we were in lockdown with most services stopped. Where could she go? Yes she could and probably should have phoned the police, but she’s also seen a wall of protection by her family calling her a liar.
Very true. Also her note did say she would go along with it until she could leave .
Wondering why she wrote that note? Maybe she was going to post it on social media when she got her phone back or text it to one of her friends.

Last edited:
Very true. Also her note did say she would go along with it until she could leave .
Wondering why she wrote that note? Maybe she was going to post it on social media when she got her phone back or text it to one of her friends.
It reads like a diary entry, I would think her notebook was her place for expressing her thoughts privately and not necessarily intended to be read by anyone.

A site I've just looked at Lakes First Aid says that this is a myth. "To make a 999 call the phone needs to show some ‘signal bars’ or a message such as ‘emergency calls only’. It must also have an active SIM card (with or without credit)".
We aren’t talking about an emergency call though, we are talking about normal calls. They article you shared stated it’s not possible in the UK due to hoax callers phoning the emergency services. An apple iphone can be used for calls and texts without a sim
Setting up WiFi Calling on your Apple iPhone

Another thought ...

I think Sarah felt betrayed by Scott AND Bernadette when Bernadette told her about the sexual abuse.

I think she felt jealous and angry at Scott - not for raping her daughter but for 'cheating' on her.

I think she was angry with Bernadette for A, (in Sarah's mind) 'being with' Scott and B, for telling her about it ...

Sarah is a narcissist, she didn't instantly think 'oh no! My poor baby' - she thought 'oh no! Poor me, how could this happen to me! This will change everything for ME' ...

I completely agree. I even wonder if there might be something like Scott having ED(or telling Sarah that), that would also be like Salt on the wound in Sarahs mind. I think Sarah felt alot of ways about this, and none of them were feelings a mother should feel, probably closer to how you'd feel if your bf/ex bf slept with your friend... Betrayed is definitely the correct word for how she felt.

We aren’t talking about an emergency call though, we are talking about normal calls. They article you shared stated it’s not possible in the UK due to hoax callers phoning the emergency services. An apple iphone can be used for calls and texts without a sim
Setting up WiFi Calling on your Apple iPhone
No-one said we were talking about emergency calls. The thread went a bit off topic but it started with device codes and sim cards which was relevant. I think the issue has been fully bottomed now.

I imagine it's quite difficult for a dependent teenager with no money or phone to make a proper attempt at running away, especially in a time where staying at friend's houses was probably banned (can't remember which particular rule was in force at the time), she had no boyfriend and she has been said to be quite introverted. She wrote "If I was brave enough I probably would have already left or killed myself". I don't think she thought she would be killed on that journey, or that her mum wouldn't have believed her, so she was probably shocked at the reactions and didn't have a plan for what to do or where to go. I think she would have been expecting understanding and support, after plucking up the courage to confide in her mum, and support to have Scott removed by police, but with her mum saying she was lying she would probably have to agree to go into care and she might not have been mentally ready for that step. The fact she says she was abused in this way would have been a huge secret for her and a lot of survivors carry guilt and shame with it, not strength and determination to stand up for their rights. She was only 17.

That was written so beautifully. You've written what I've been thinking all along! This is what I was trying to say when I posted that everyone must forget how it was to be young! Thank you for this.

I think I feel that ScW, suspected of abuse of a minor and charged with murder, is discussed less than SaW. I'm including myself in this: I've posted several times, and each time about SaW. But a few posts upthread have crystallized a vague awareness that SaW is the lightening rod for discussion, emotions and comments, rather more than ScW, who almost certainly killed BW.

I think SaW is in it up to her neck; her actions (that we already know of) are absolutely deserving of the vitriol, and I'm among the baffled observers wondering how that joint enterprise charge was dropped (and hoping that it is brought again), but it still just struck me as interesting, and not something I recall observing to this extent in cases I've read here over the years.

Is it just because of where we are in terms of the trial timeline, the tiktok, the lifestyle choices, the love of attention etc.? The fact that as BW's mother, it's all more inexplicable/unforgiveable? There are posts suggesting that she is the mastermind and the one with control of the whole enterprise. I think I probably instinctively agree for some part with this, but I'm forcing myself to address why I think that: am I judging by the fragments (the social media, etc) on what I think I 'know' about SaW?

A couple of posts have - probably unintentionally - almost made ScW sound like a secondary player, or incidental participant in SaW's horrific enterprise. Given that he has abused BW for years, and probably murdered her, there's some incongruity there.

I'm just thinking out loud really. To be clear, I don't think SaW deserves any less bitter castigation, but ScW seems to be attracting less explicit, emotive condemnation, although that may change as things proceed, I guess.

I think I feel that ScW, suspected of abuse of a minor and charged with murder, is discussed less than SaW. I'm including myself in this: I've posted several times, and each time about SaW. But a few posts upthread have crystallized a vague awareness that SaW is the lightening rod for discussion, emotions and comments, rather more than ScW, who almost certainly killed BW.

I think SaW is in it up to her neck; her actions (that we already know of) are absolutely deserving of the vitriol, and I'm among the baffled observers wondering how that joint enterprise charge was dropped (and hoping that it is brought again), but it still just struck me as interesting, and not something I recall observing to this extent in cases I've read here over the years.

Is it just because of where we are in terms of the trial timeline, the tiktok, the lifestyle choices, the love of attention etc.? The fact that as BW's mother, it's all more inexplicable/unforgiveable? There are posts suggesting that she is the mastermind and the one with control of the whole enterprise. I think I probably instinctively agree for some part with this, but I'm forcing myself to address why I think that: am I judging by the fragments (the social media, etc) on what I think I 'know' about SaW?

A couple of posts have - probably unintentionally - almost made ScW sound like a secondary player, or incidental participant in SaW's horrific enterprise. Given that he has abused BW for years, and probably murdered her, there's some incongruity there.

I'm just thinking out loud really. To be clear, I don't think SaW deserves any less bitter castigation, but ScW seems to be attracting less explicit, emotive condemnation, although that may change as things proceed, I guess.

I agree with what you are saying, and I also have focused more so on SaW. I think for me the reason why is because I already fully believe ScW is guilty as do the police because of the murder charge. I am not shocked by his abuse or the fact he has potentially murdered B, I don’t feel like I need to wrap my head around it.

Why I discuss SaW, is because she shocks me. I can not understand her actions after B revealed the abuse to her. I don’t understand how she allowed B to be taken to her grandparents by ScW and then collected later. I don’t understand her actions when B went missing. I don’t understand the text messages. I find her part it in completely baffling, where I can see a clear motive for Scott I struggle with Sarah. I just can not understand her part in it from any angle. Though I do believe now she is equally guilty !

Well said!

I agree with you.. I wonder if it's us all trying to work out why the joint enterprise was dropped and deduce whether she could be less explicitly guilty than it appears to us.

Also, we've gleaned a lot from social media, and BW and her brother's social media about her personality- but not so much about ScW. He also pleaded not guilty, and SaW has pleaded guilty to 2 charges, so I suppose there is more to 'chew on' with her.

Personally, as a mother I think I am in disbelief about how this could happen to BW, and how a mother that tries so publicly to look the part of a family orientated parent, could exploit her child so badly.

Part of me wants to believe that she is less guilty, because of how heartbreaking the alternative is.

I think we will hear more about ScW in due course as the defence put their cases forward.

There's not so much to say about ScW, from my point of view. Apart from condemning him, there is not much puzzle, except which route he took. Wth SaW there is the puzzle of the dropped murder charge, proving the extent of her involvement (a la detective), and trying to fathom out how she ticks, who was boss in that duo, and how she continues to deceive people (IMO).

I agree with this. The prosecution has painted an evidenced picture of SaW’s deeds, and alluded to her behaviours, all of which readily attracts vitriol. Coupled with her partial guilty plea, the case they’re trying to make before the jury is clear. Calculating, manipulative, self-preserving, quite capable of spinning lies and of perversion.

BUT - by contrast, they need to pin a murder charge on ScW. They need to prove intent and deed, beyond reasonable doubt. I feel we’ve got the timetable, we believe he did it, we know when, we’re pretty sure where, and we’re fairly sure we know why. But there’s no evidence, no forensics we’ve heard of, and no body. We don’t know how, and we don’t have hard proof of the abuse. He’s got any number of claims he could make that create doubt, and that’s all he needs to do, however unlikely or ridiculous. The obligation is not on ScW to prove his innocence…

Furthermore, ScW’s evidenced behaviour on the perversion charges feels it could actually be rather less than SaW’s, which might create an interesting outcome.

Still a long way to go, I think…!

Last edited:

I think people focus on the mother because her involvement adds a whole level of intrigue to what could have been a cut and dried case of an abusive stepfather murdering his daughter.

Anyone else in her feel like they know B? It honestly breaks my heart more the more I hear from court. This wasn't far from me and seen her missing posters from the start.. One day the poster was just gone then heard about arrests and just knew she was gone.. very very sad case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces