Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought only SaW's phone recorded the 33 steps over 5 minutes? Also, it is implied that the presence of their individual phone equals their individual physical presence. I have an open mind about whether ScW had all 3 phones on the trip to Cowbit.
I don't think counsel is allowed to state that physical presence is a fact, if it is only implied by the presence of a phone, that would be misleading and I can see from the words reported that she did state the people travelled, not the phones.

The 33 steps with SaW's phone were from the morning of the 20th.

The quote in my above post about their steps at the lock-up was from the night of the 18th, around about 11pm.

is there any concrete evidence it was ScW in cowbit and not SaW? Sorry if I’ve missed it
That is a good point. The only proof is that all 3 phones went on the trip to Cowbit. The prosecution case is that it was both defendents. If it's not both then I suspect it was ScW with the 3 phones but only because I believe he is the murderer and it was his car.

I don't think counsel is allowed to state that physical presence is a fact, if it is only implied by the presence of a phone, that would be misleading and I can see from the words reported that she did state the people travelled, not the phones.

The 33 steps with SaW's phone were from the morning of the 20th.

The quote in my above post about their steps at the lock-up was from the night of the 18th, around about 11pm.
How can she say that 'people' travelled if the only evidence is the presence of a phone and a car? That could be one person or more than one. I left my phone in the wife's car over the weekend. On Sunday, the phone went with her to 12 locations where she delivers adult care, but I never left the house.

Did we get numbers of steps for each phone on the evening of the 18th, I can't recall?

How can she say that 'people' travelled if the only evidence is the presence of a phone and a car? That could be one person or more than one. I left my phone in the wife's car over the weekend. On Sunday, the phone went with her to 12 locations where she delivers adult care, but I never left the house.

Did we get numbers of steps for each phone on the evening of the 18th, I can't recall?
If the number of steps are different, at the same time, then it's not one person walking with both phones. The number of steps wasn't reported. Perhaps they can tell from variations in GPS coordinates too, which are pretty precise, maybe one walks back to the car a minute before the other, while the other locks up, for e.g.

Also it's a possibility that presence at various times is admitted in police statements.

If the number of steps are different, at the same time, then it's not one person walking with both phones. The number of steps wasn't reported. Perhaps they can tell from variations in GPS coordinates too, which are pretty precise, maybe one walks back to the car a minute before the other, while the other locks up, for e.g.

Also it's a possibility that presence at various times is admitted in police statements.
Is it possible for two phones to not be in sync? There has been no mention of statements thus far but I would expect them to feature, and recorded interviews.

I

It could be one person with two phones, when you use certain apps it asks things like your height and adjusts steps to match. I have mine and my child’s Fitbit set up to my phone- it records the two different sets of steps (and they always differ), even when we have walked the same distance together. Therefore it can also work that one person has two phones and because of the height data it also records differently. There is also the possibility that it wasn’t the phone counting the steps, but a connected smart watch that synced later. They also aren’t perfect- I have walked whilst holding my phone and no steps were counted on my phone as it’s based on your arm swings, or jolting of the phone. I’m sure there was a whole lot more information than just the number of steps and I’m sure it will be argued by the defence about how unreliable they are.

you are correct but then we are having to judge if this chap is a level 1000 iq genius or just very lucky. I think they have been lucky, as they have incriminated themselves every time they have tried to do something clever…the appeals, the sightings, the texts and emails, the web searches etc.

i fail to believe this guy is such a genius that he’s managed to sully the good name of others by being both a genius and reckless at the same time. We shall see, but I expect both of them to be going down for life

Hi everyone, complete newbie here but I have been reading all three threads for this developing case.

IMO I think ScW was probably still living with SaW despite her being in a new relationship due to benefits they were both claiming together. It seems very convenient for both of them to still be in the same house. Yet BW's allegations going public could potentially remove him from the home which financially could affect SaW and also it seems to me like she was getting pregnant time and time again as she saw her children as ways of getting her extra money. So the only option was to get rid of BW and silence her for good..

I suspect that he had been 'a man on the edge' for some time before the murder and that was mostly to do with SaW messing with his head. That the bf had more to offer 'materially' explains why SaW would be attracted to him. I still don't see what the bf saw in her, mind.
He would have to have a lot to offer materially if he was going to support SaW and 10 kids financially!! I still wonder if her long term plan was to move in with the boyfriend and new baby and leave all the other kids at the house with ScW?

Thanks! I personally don't have the size to put anything in it lol.
Just sounded weird especially coming from him to be aware of the contents of her bra.jmo.

Why does he think it would be in BW's bra. It's an odd thing to say. Seems unlikely that any woman would want to lodge an iphone in with their boob. Unless deliberately concealing it perhaps.

I too thought this was an odd thing to say, especially in light of the allegations. Even if she did keep it in her bra how would he know that? Perhaps Bernadette had tried to film the abuse at some point by hiding her phone in her bra? o_O I don't know anyone who would keep a big bulky cold phone in their bra...money maybe, but not very common for a phone. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member