Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I too thought this was an odd thing to say, especially in light of the allegations. Even if she did keep it in her bra how would he know that? Perhaps Bernadette had tried to film the abuse at some point by hiding her phone in her bra? o_O I don't know anyone who would keep a big bulky cold phone in their bra...money maybe, but not very common for a phone. IMO.
DBM duplicate
Not at all unusual for women to put their phone in their bra. I know women of different ages who do it.
I echo this. I'm one of them, I do it regularly if I'm pottering about the house, going on a run, don't have pockets or a bag when out and about.... Just a few examples.

It's not ideal, admittedly, but handy. A lanyard round my neck might be a better option!

Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Teenager’s dad was a ‘man on the edge’, police officer tells jury

She said that it had been decided that both Scott and Sarah Walker should be spoken to separately to establish details of her disappearance - and in particular if Bernadette had her phone on her when she went missing.

PC Aspland said at the time she thought Bernadette did have her mobile phone on her.

The officer turned up at Century Square with colleague PC Williams. She said Scott Walker was in, but Sarah Walker was out at the time.

The court was told the officers spoke to Scott Walker in the living room.

PC Aspland said: “He was very run down. I would describe him as a man on the edge. He seemed as though he was at breaking point.”

While she was at the home, Scott Walker was asked to give his account as to what happened when Bernadette disappeared.

PC Aspland said: “He said after picking Bernadette up, he wanted to go to McDonalds, but she didn’t want anything, so they headed for home.”

PC Aspland said Scott Walker also said he wanted to confront Bernadette over the allegations, so he pulled over to the side of the road by a grass verge to roll a cigarette.

He said he had asked her why she was making the allegations, but she had said: “I don’t want to talk about it,’ and then she had walked away.

He told PC Aspland he had tried to call her back, but she kept on walking, and disappeared down an alleyway.

When asked if he could say where this had happened, PC Aspland said Scott Walker had replied: “His first response was that he couldn’t specifically remember as he had a lot going on in his mind at the time.”

I think the fact of Sarah having another boyfriend has really turned the tables a lot in how people would have looked upon the situation.
I think they would have seen her as a downtrodden woman and Scott some man in control, if it wasn't for this fact.
I'm not sure this detail warrants such a difference in how we perceive them though.
Scott may have let her get on with her boyfriend, because he was busy with you know who.
But he may have still been controlling and or abusive otherwise.

I don't think it was just about money.
It looks like she was addicted to having a babies.

Hi everyone, complete newbie here but I have been reading all three threads for this developing case.

IMO I think ScW was probably still living with SaW despite her being in a new relationship due to benefits they were both claiming together. It seems very convenient for both of them to still be in the same house. Yet BW's allegations going public could potentially remove him from the home which financially could affect SaW and also it seems to me like she was getting pregnant time and time again as she saw her children as ways of getting her extra money. So the only option was to get rid of BW and silence her for good..

Last edited:
It’s strange that the PT seem to be the only MSM reporting on this trial, apart from one daily mail article at the start of the trial I haven’t seen anything anywhere else. I don’t think Bernadette’s case is getting the coverage it deserves and it’s very sad. She didn’t appear to have many who cared for her during her short life and now her heartbreaking murder isn’t being reported on as much as it should be.

This girl was worth a lot more than she had in life. Loving caring parents for a start and someone to listen to her worries. As a mother I have no clue how SaW wouldn’t believe her or take the accusations seriously, allowing ScW to go anywhere near her never mind sending her daughter alone in his car. The betrayal is just beyond comprehension.

Bernadette was somebody, she mattered. She didn’t deserve any of this. Right from the start when I saw the SM pictures of her from Christmas 2019 it was obvious she was hurting, all those smiling faces around her and she looks so subdued and withdrawn, the sadness in her eyes broke my heart. Bernadette deserves justice and I just feel like this is a trial that’s going on in the background and not getting half the air time it should be getting. Maybe we could get this thread moved to the ‘trials’ forum?

Totally agree with everthing you said there, a young, beautiful, talented girl who just disappeared suddenly and no-one really has bothered. I was just looking at police procedures in that area and I think she should have been given more priority (btw I think the police do an amazing job mostly and have massive respect) but I also see SaW and ScW told massive lies that impeded the investigation and as I've said before hampered vital evidence. I still think PC Apland should maybe have seen more red flags but obviously ScW was a very convincing actor (don't think she interviewed SaW but could be wrong?)

B's case has frustrated me because where I am in Scotland we have posts constantly by local police on facebook with a pic of the missing person and they re-post and remind us every 1 or days they are missing (especially under 18's)

I have links that may be of interest about how police deal with missing persons:

Missing from Home or Care | Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Safeguarding Partnership Board
Missing people

So what do you do when your distraught teenage step-daughter who revealed that you sexually abused her since she was 10 years old escapes from your control?

You go and have a BigMac anyway, then you don't go to her ex-boyfriend's home to pick her up, you go to the lock-up garage and just go home. And her mother just accepts it because at least she knows where she is, after imposing a night's imprisonment at step-grandparents.

Feel as though we are missing so much about this case, as others have sadly expressed- it hints of no one caring much from the start. The worst thing is, with all the children with disabilities, the adaptations needed and the family being in social housing- social services must have been involved (not from a neglect POV, but for housing adaptations, wheelchair services, respite and generally supporting the parents an allocated disability social worker should have been provided). So how has all this been missed. If nothing else it should be heading to a massive safeguarding investigation by the local authority.
ETA unless the SS involvement meant the police were less proactive than was required as they knew they were under SS and everything appeared superficially to be running smoothly, so they also weren’t concerned.

So what do you do when your distraught teenage step-daughter who revealed that you sexually abused her since she was 10 years old escapes from your control?

You go and have a BigMac anyway, then you don't go to her ex-boyfriend's home to pick her up, you go to the lock-up garage and just go home. And her mother just accepts it because at least she knows where she is, after imposing a night's imprisonment at step-grandparents.

Well of course and obviously you need to have 9 min phonecall with your (is it ex)? before gong to McD's, but then that is part of the later story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Giles