Still Missing UK - Bernadette Walker, 17, left parent's car, Peterborough, 21 July 2020 *Arrests* #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same as Scotts.

Thankyou, I thought that but wanted to check. Its just the article says - The court heard that a search of a lock up garage used by Scott Walker, his car and the family home at Century Square, Peterborough, had not revealed any blood belonging to Bernadette.

Source: Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Police investigate more than 20 possible sightings of missing teenager

So did they not check HER car? Could he have 'borrowed' SaW car to pick up BW if they looked very similar? It just puzzles me no DNA evidence has been found in the lockup or his car (unless thats still to come but doubt it) and also did they not use a cadaver dog?

I believe we never left first lockdown, not properly anyway as we were always in that naughty list with Leicester and Luton, then Kent variant happened and they invented tier 4 just for us!

but either way his actions should be raising alarm, but for whatever reason our local police have failed badly on this one
On the 20th July 2020, Peterborough City Council said in a press statement:

Our key messages for all local residents are

• After seeing infection rates fall regularly for some weeks, a small rise of cases in Peterborough means we are taking action immediately to make sure lockdown relaxations don’t have to be reversed in Peterborough
It seems like a small detail but I think an important one to establish the degree of normality around the key events. Over 100 restaurants in Peterborough took part in Eat Out To Help Out only a few weeks later. Clearly, 18th-21st took place in a period of lockdown relaxation in Peterborough.

Thankyou, I thought that but wanted to check. Its just the article says - The court heard that a search of a lock up garage used by Scott Walker, his car and the family home at Century Square, Peterborough, had not revealed any blood belonging to Bernadette.Source: Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Police investigate more than 20 possible sightings of missing teenager
So did they not check HER car? Could he have 'borrowed' SaW car to pick up BW if they looked very similar? It just puzzles me no DNA evidence has been found in the lockup or his car (unless thats still to come but doubt it) and also did they not use a cadaver dog?

September 14, 2020

Neighbours today told how police arrived at the home on Friday afternoon and seized a Mercedes from outside.

They then saw Bernadette's parents being led out of the house by cops.

TJ Chilvers said: "I’m surprised, they seemed a nice family.

"Police we’re here all yesterday and then even searched Sarah’s car after smashing the back window. It’s exactly the same model and colour as her husband’s but they didn’t take it away."

Parents of missing girl, 17, charged with murder 7 weeks after disappearance

Thankyou, I thought that but wanted to check. Its just the article says - The court heard that a search of a lock up garage used by Scott Walker, his car and the family home at Century Square, Peterborough, had not revealed any blood belonging to Bernadette.

Source: Bernadette Walker Murder Trial: Police investigate more than 20 possible sightings of missing teenager

Im sure i read a while back the police smashed a window in Sarah's car.

September 14, 2020

Neighbours today told how police arrived at the home on Friday afternoon and seized a Mercedes from outside.

They then saw Bernadette's parents being led out of the house by cops.

TJ Chilvers said: "I’m surprised, they seemed a nice family.

"Police we’re here all yesterday and then even searched Sarah’s car after smashing the back window. It’s exactly the same model and colour as her husband’s but they didn’t take it away."

Parents of missing girl, 17, charged with murder 7 weeks after disappearance

Thanks Alyce, wonder why they smashed the window? Surely if there is a murder or potential murder investigation they would seize both cars especially if they looked the same? Perhaps her car had the evidence?

I agree something feels off. Why all of a sudden are they searching. Not searching local cities etc homeless communities but searching areas of possible disposal. I see that no comment has been made by aw as of yet. Bizarre turn of events indeed

I am hoping it is something substantial as currently I fail to see how this is ready for court. The electronic data is suspicious and she’s admitted to two accounts, but there’s not much linking him. We have some cctv, some suspicious activity and that’s that.

no forensics, no traces, they let him delete data, have no body, left notebooks with the family, didn’t investigate fully claims of child abuse.

quite frankly they have circumstantial and weird evidence but nothing that would stand up. I’m hoping they do have something to report

Hope this is okay to say here, just signed up so unsure how the thread work's if I'm honest! I've been organising with the Facebook group about starting to do public searches, just looking into hiring a cadaver dog anyone know how much they cost or had any experience with them or advice?

I suggested the search on the group,
Ive just seen the Help me find my sister fb page. The locals are now wanting to do a search. Any chance we could help them with the map ? I dont think they know where to start !

Hey! I'm helping organise the search, happy to have any help with it! so much information its overwhelming to knuckle down the best place to search but it looks like cowboy/glinton area is best if I'm not wrong?

Also, Can't comment on why the family want to start looking for remains now but it was myself that had mentioned it as I was asking if there were any searches other than police searches,

I think no matter what information comes out the phone pings, the phone being switched off at intervals and then from what I can see Bernadette's phone going missing after the pings in cowbit, if the police aren't searching for her body any longer the second best option is for people to go out and get as many people as possible looking

Hope this is okay to say here, just signed up so unsure how the thread work's if I'm honest! I've been organising with the Facebook group about starting to do public searches, just looking into hiring a cadaver dog anyone know how much they cost or had any experience with them or advice?

You would be better off hiring some geeky lad with a drone. There’s very little chance of cadaver dogs picking up a scent a year on. Even less if she was placed in water or soil.

your best bet is to fly a drone or two around cowbit and see if you see any disturbed soil or discarded clothing. Even then it’s slim a year on

Unfortunately the search is a year too late. Vegetation has overgrown any potential burial sites. Due to this being a case still in trial I'd be reluctant to search til the trial has finished as we have 2 weeks to go possibly longer. The answers to her resting place is with the parents of bw.

You would be better off hiring some geeky lad with a drone. There’s very little chance of cadaver dogs picking up a scent a year on. Even less if she was placed in water or soil.

your best bet is to fly a drone or two around cowbit and see if you see any disturbed soil or discarded clothing. Even then it’s slim a year on

Did the flooding affect around there quite badly over Christmas? just wondering if that's going to destroy and disturbed soil type of thing

Unfortunately the search is a year too late. Vegetation has overgrown any potential burial sites. Due to this being a case still in trial I'd be reluctant to search til the trial has finished as we have 2 weeks to go possibly longer. The answers to her resting place is with the parents of bw.

I agree, although from what I can see information about the phone pings only came out over the recent months. Could it affect the trial? I am surprised a public effort hadn't been made beforehand but the past year for most people have been difficult and their main focus may not of been of others in the community and looking for a missing girl.I have seen the case come up since it began, I never delved to deep as I'm still 20 minutes away from Peterborough so not exactly massively close to home but still had hope that she would be found, I think people are beginning to accept that she isn't in hiding and this is most definitely a find remains type of thing now, I agree the answers are all with the parents but if they don't provide answers it's not fair on her family and her remains, she deserves a proper resting place with her family a chance to say goodbye

Agreed, unfortunately, this poor, vulnerable girl, will possibly never be found due to many reasons including all of the above. Too little to late. It angers and frustrates me that not more was picked up sooner by various authorities and vital evidence lost. We all want B found so she can rest in peace, her family and friends can have some sort of closure and get the justice she so badly deserves but the only people who can share that are the ones she trusted most to care and protect her.

I suggested the search on the group,

Hey! I'm helping organise the search, happy to have any help with it! so much information its overwhelming to knuckle down the best place to search but it looks like cowboy/glinton area is best if I'm not wrong?
Welcome Megan. Like many on here I have followed this case from the initial missing thread, and I have also taken an interest in the Help Me Find My Sister group. I have examined every social media post relating to BW and the accused more times than I care to mention. Cross-referenced and triangulated every fact that we have. Been up in the middle of the night looking at maps and checking references, slept in, missed meetings, etc. It really has taken over my life more than any other case that I've followed.

We have some really honed minds on this thread and some fascinating discussions. All conducted in the most civilised manner. I really do hope we can bring BW back to her family. If you look back through the thread, you will see lots of discussion about windows of opportunity for disposal and of the potential sites where further searching may be fruitful. And it's a good time to go look; from now until the end of the month will be similar ground conditions to the events. I do wish you well. I confess that I have fallen a little in love with the BW that I have found, a beautiful human, so much like my eldest daughter, and it really breaks my heart what has happened to her and the impact it must be having on her brothers and sisters.

I don't underestimate the impact that a voluntary, self-organised search might have on the public, the police and the accused. It will, at the very, least raise the profile of BW which has been far too low throughout. Good luck.

Last edited:

I am sorry to say that cadaver dogs would not be available for members of the public to hire. Even if they were the cost would be prohibitive. Many thousands for the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyMay