Identified! UK - Bolton, Female, 18-25, found in woods, Oct'13 - Rebecca May

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Might of just answered my own queries about the seemingly contrary tastes of the uid in regards to the piercings and black D Martens with the more "girly" pink flashlight and H kitty tee....
Could our gal have been a fan of the singer/band PINK?!

http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/pink-tickets.html

" Pink
The Truth About Love UK Tour 2013 Announced
Last updated: 22nd April 2013

Pink returns with a new album and European and UK live dates as part of her The Truth About Love Tour in April 2013. See Pink live in concert in Manchester, Birmingham and at The O2 in London".

Might of just answered my own queries about the seemingly contrary tastes of the uid in regards to the piercings and black D Martens with the more "girly" pink flashlight and H kitty tee....
Could our gal have been a fan of the singer/band PINK?!

http://www.getmein.com/rock-and-pop/pink-tickets.html

" Pink
The Truth About Love UK Tour 2013 Announced
Last updated: 22nd April 2013

Pink returns with a new album and European and UK live dates as part of her The Truth About Love Tour in April 2013. See Pink live in concert in Manchester, Birmingham and at The O2 in London".

Most goth/alternative types seem to like Hello Kitty/Bright Pink/Florescent colours, or at least the ones round here do! There is a local shop near here that caters for the alternative look and they have loads of bright pink stuff and stuff with cartoon characters. I think its supposed to be ironic or something!

Most goth/alternative types seem to like Hello Kitty/Bright Pink/Florescent colours, or at least the ones round here do! There is a local shop near here that caters for the alternative look and they have loads of bright pink stuff and stuff with cartoon characters. I think its supposed to be ironic or something!

Most would call those girls "Scene Girls" It's sort of like an Emo Hipster, they tend to wear ironic clothing, childish cartoon characters, lots of brights mixed with blacks and typically have pretty interesting makeup and hair.

Most would call those girls "Scene Girls" It's sort of like an Emo Hipster, they tend to wear ironic clothing, childish cartoon characters, lots of brights mixed with blacks and typically have pretty interesting makeup and hair.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of the term, but it does seem to fit our girl!

I was thinking just now about a girl I saw only today at the shop. She was wearing red Dr Martins, red and black striped tights, a black skirt, a t-shirt with Tweetie Pie on, a black hoodie, a heavy cross necklace and a huge skull ring. She had loads of piercings and bright pink hair. :)

She would probably be someone who is going for the same general type of 'look' as the UID did.

Regarding the whole speculation about HK and goths, I think I need to set the record straight.

Hello Kitty is NOT popular among "alternative types". It depends on the alternative type. I know some who like HK and some who hate it with a fiery passion.

There's a lot of poseurs who do get HK and similar gear from stores like Hot Topic. I've mostly heard them called mall goths. I've never heard the term Bat Babies.

However, we don't know if this was the case with her. She may have just been wearing it ironically.

Additionally, we don't even know if she identified with goths in any way. There are other subcultures that like facial piercings and Docs. We also don't know if she was a 'poseur' (that's kind of an insulting term), I wouldn't consider someone who made no claims to being a goth one for not strictly adhering to a certain dress code. That seems juvenile to me.

When you look at pink then there's a bigger range there. I know some serious 'alternative types' who do like pink or have stuff with pink accents. An old friend of mine has a style that sounds a lot like this Doe's but without Hello Kitty... and she has some stuff like a bag with pink fur. Yet she's a hardcore metalhead and really active in the local metal community, etc.

I don't think the fact that our Doe has a HK shirt and some pink stuff is enough to say she's a fan of the singer P!nk, I just don't see it. Sorry. :waitasec: While that sounds a bit like P!nk's style there are other singers with a similar one. She may have also been there to see any number of other shows if she was into that genre or if she was a 'mall goth'.

I should also mention, most 'mall goths' also tend to be younger in age. So it's possible she's not a goth at all and is part of another subculture or even none at all or that she was wearing the shirt ironically. Or that she just happened to like Hello Kitty.

'train ticket and timetable for the Edinburgh to Manchester Airport train line.'

i presumed with this info it was a single ticket .. but i could be wrong.. i wonder if i was to make a phone call they would give more details ?

The single train ticket doesn't mean it was one way. I don't know about that train line but I've been in places where a single ticket was a two-way one. I also know when I'm travelling, I'll probably keep the tickets I need to get out at hand and put away in my main bag the ones I've used. So it could be a ticket out but she could have a ticket in stashed away somewhere (not in her pockets or purse) or vice-versa.

Does UK train tickets have info on them? Are they the electronic ones? Should have date and time of sale of them possibly or where and when they were bought?

Was she going to catch a flight from Manchester airport? Or meet someone arriving? Or did she work there?

Does UK train tickets have info on them? Are they the electronic ones? Should have date and time of sale of them possibly or where and when they were bought?

I've got a train ticket from last weekend in my purse, so I've just copied what information is on it. They are pretty much set out like this:

Class: (Standard or First Class)

Ticket Type: (could be day return, open ended, set days/times)

Adult/Child Return/One Way

Start Date Ticket Number

From: (Station journey starts from) Valid Until (Date ticket must be used by)

To: (Station at end of Journey) Price £

Route Permitted (Will say if a specific route must be used, or if any route/set of trains is allowed)

Validity (will list any restrictions)

I bought a day return ticket and had to buy it on the train - but it doesn't show that information. It just shows where I travelled from and where I am going to. However, I could have lied and pretended I got on a lot later than I did, so the tickets won't be 100% accurate if someone does that! Also, you can buy tickets in advance, so not sure anyone could tell if it was a journey planned in advanced, or was a spur of the moment trip. Also you can buy tickets online, and print them out at home on A4 paper, so she may have had one of those, rather than the little credit card-sized paper tickets.

If you buy a return ticket, I think you have to return at a certain time. If she wasn't sure when she was coming back, that could be a reason for buying two singles, even though a return's cheaper.

There is a missing, extremely vulnerable(don't know why. Depressed? Incapacity?) 18 year old here. She seems to like black, is 5'4", but she has dyed?? red hair though.
http://www.salfordonline.com/witnessappeal_page/43220-missing:_vulnerable_teen_sarah_wallace.html

But looking here, if it's the same girl, she also dyes her hair black. And is that a cat on her tee?
http://www.salfordonline.com/witnessappeal_page/32962-missing_girl_found.html

That site has a lot of missing people featured, but they are all mixed up with wanted people etc, so it is very time- consuming to search. Salford is in Manchester.

veidt.. again were not saying she loved hello kitty or pink things,, were trying to figure if shes a a genuine adult gothic or a young trendy emo type who decided to buy a load of black clothing cuz everyone in college dresses like it.....

and every single one of my 16 yr olds daughters friends who dress with the emo trend LOVE hello kitty so maybe its an area 'thing'

There is a missing, extremely vulnerable(don't know why. Depressed? Incapacity?) 18 year old here. She seems to like black, is 5'4", but she has dyed?? red hair though.
http://www.salfordonline.com/witnessappeal_page/43220-missing:_vulnerable_teen_sarah_wallace.html

But looking here, if it's the same girl, she also dyes her hair black. And is that a cat on her tee?
http://www.salfordonline.com/witnessappeal_page/32962-missing_girl_found.html

That site has a lot of missing people featured, but they are all mixed up with wanted people etc, so it is very time- consuming to search. Salford is in Manchester.

it says shes been found at the top of the page.

veidt.. again were not saying she loved hello kitty or pink things,, were trying to figure if shes a a genuine adult gothic or a young trendy emo type who decided to buy a load of black clothing cuz everyone in college dresses like it.....

and every single one of my 16 yr olds daughters friends who dress with the emo trend LOVE hello kitty so maybe its an area 'thing'

And what I was saying is, it could be either. Especially people in her age range or older. I remember when I was a teenager, my friends and I avoided Hello Kitty and pink, anything even remotely cute, like the plague because we didn't want to be mistaken for posers, emos, or scene kids (the whole emo and scene thing was starting to be huge at the time). Then as we grew up we stopped caring so much and just wore whatever we enjoyed without caring about labels. When you're a teenager it happens a lot because you're trying hard to find your place in the world while having a rather simplistic worldview at times and your group of friends, who are likely in the same clique, seem like the #1 thing. Then as you become a young adult, you just stop caring so much because even when you're still part of a subculture, you also have other stuff going on like university or work, family (if they're not abusive they stop being 'the enemy'), and so on. Nowadays if I want to wear something pink I'll wear it and not care because my whole life doesn't revolve around a single label in its most narrow definition.

So what I'm saying is, we can't really guess because it could have been either, she could have been emo, scene, into pop punk, etc. but she could easily not have been any of those things and just happened to like HK and pink or was wearing the shirt ironically.

Maybe it would be a good idea to look into alternative circles in general because sometimes there's some overlap, I remember a night club I went to very often until a couple of years ago attracted all kinds of alternative people, from goths to punks to rockabilly and so on.

As an aside I think most emos I still see are teenagers rather than young adults.

:twocents:

They really need to release a reconstruction of this poor girl's face. I hope they have been able to at least start the process by now. I don't think any forensic artist is going to be able to create a sketch, given how long she seems to have been in the water, and a reconstruction is a very lengthy process.

In fact, I wonder if it is possible to do at all? I'm not sure, but I think the reconstruction artist has to start with bones. That would mean certain preparations, I think? Maybe authorities don't want to do that in case it would upset family, when they are located.

If the water has caused distortions that prevent a sketch being made, but her remains are not skeletal so a reconstruction isn't possible either, then I don't know if a sketch will ever be forthcoming. Does anyone know what the usual practice is in a case like this?

I would think with modern technology we could be on the verge of some breakthroughs in this area. With medical imaging, they could get a 3d rendering of the skull. With a 3d printer, they could make a model of the skull from which to work without the need to alter the remains. I haven't heard of this being done, but I suspect it is in development and may be the next revolution in IDing remains.

They really need to release a reconstruction of this poor girl's face. I hope they have been able to at least start the process by now. I don't think any forensic artist is going to be able to create a sketch, given how long she seems to have been in the water, and a reconstruction is a very lengthy process.

In fact, I wonder if it is possible to do at all? I'm not sure, but I think the reconstruction artist has to start with bones. That would mean certain preparations, I think? Maybe authorities don't want to do that in case it would upset family, when they are located.

If the water has caused distortions that prevent a sketch being made, but her remains are not skeletal so a reconstruction isn't possible either, then I don't know if a sketch will ever be forthcoming. Does anyone know what the usual practice is in a case like this?

Is it possible for the remains to be anything less than skeletal? It seems like she still had clothes and various objects on her so it's at least skeletal, so if there's a skeleton structure present even if it's still covered in tissue, I think they could do some reconstruction, no? I'm just going by what I've gathered from other threads where remains in various degrees of preservation were found and sketches were released.

I don't think not upsetting her family would be the issue, at least not if enough time has passed without anyone coming forward... if no results are found after some time I would think it would be routine procedure to do a reconstruction to try to advance the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back