Identified! UK - Bolton, Female, 18-25, found in woods, Oct'13 - Rebecca May

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's always interesting to see the discrepancies between estimated details of the deceased and their actual attributes. This uid was estimated to be between 18-25 and Rebecca was actually 37. I think it re-emphasizes how we should keep open minds regarding possible matches.

It's always interesting to see the discrepancies between estimated details of the deceased and their actual attributes. This uid was estimated to be between 18-25 and Rebecca was actually 37. I think it re-emphasizes how we should keep open minds regarding possible matches.

Not only that, but she seemingly dressed "young" (or never dropped her style from her youth). Before anyone protests, I'm not saying there aren't older goths/punks, just that the clothing and accessories had us (and maybe LE?) thinking younger.

I'm glad she was identified.

An 'open verdict' has been recorded by the coroner, and some mystery still surrounds the case. It's thought Rebecca travelled to Bolton as it was simply the cheapest train ride away from Manchester, where she had argued with her boyfriend. I'm not sure she was ever reported missing, but she had another name too.

There are details at the link that give a fuller picture of Rebecca's life, and death.

http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/re...f_Redditch_woman_found_in_woodland_in_Bolton/

Rest in Peace, Rebecca Mey. I'm so glad you have been identified.

Oh dear. The last article says Rebecca's name is Mey, not May. It sounds as though the reporter was at the coroner's court too, so I think it may be correct, rather than the other early reports.

I am going to try and find out. It would be awful to still not have her proper name.

I have queried the misspelt name and been told by a member of editorial that the police press release states Rebecca's name as May, not Mey.

Embarrassingly, I got confused with all the articles I had open and mistakenly contacted the paper who had spelt the name May, asking them if the spelling of Mey was correct. So it was very nice of the Redditch Standard to take the time answering a query about another publication's mistake!

I think I will leave the spelling of Mey in my tribute to Rebecca above though, as there are a few articles circulating with that spelling and it could help with any searches for the future.

To the air - when is the UK going to have a national, publically accessible online datatbase of missing people? It is all over the place at the moment.

IMO; it depends on where you're finding the UP. From what I've seen; the US is better at age ranges.

UK Missing Persons Bureau one UP I see gives the age range 20-40; another one 40-60; with 35 to 45 on another.

Bureau reference: 11-007783
Age Range: 20 to 40

Agreed. This aspect has come to my attention a few times when searching through databases. Im inclined not to place a priority emphasis on it or search by that information on its own. It makes me wonder how many UID's have been overlooked or excluded from consideration.

An 'open verdict' has been recorded by the coroner, and some mystery still surrounds the case. It's thought Rebecca travelled to Bolton as it was simply the cheapest train ride away from Manchester, where she had argued with her boyfriend. I'm not sure she was ever reported missing, but she had another name too.

There are details at the link that give a fuller picture of Rebecca's life, and death.

http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/re...f_Redditch_woman_found_in_woodland_in_Bolton/

Rest in Peace, Rebecca Mey. I'm so glad you have been identified.

From the article you linked to; it says she suffered headaches. One of our friends had bad headaches/migraines; she was at the local ER; they classified her as drug seeking. She went home; was really sick. Most likely the headache was a clot. Her daughter found her the next morning. My guess would be that Rebecca Mey (May)/ Abigail Yeadon had something similar happen. Glad she was identified. Rest in peace.

Mystery surrounds death of Redditch woman found in woodland in Bolton

Forensic pathologist Dr Naomi Carter could not ascertain a cause of death with post mortem examinations...
She was also said to suffer from severe migraines, which had caused her to lose several jobs, the court heard. ...

I thought you'd all like to know about the tribute.
I knew her as Abbie in Birmingham years ago, i found this forum by chance and just wanted to say thanks to you all

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back