Identified! UK - Bolton, Female, 18-25, found in woods, Oct'13 - Rebecca May

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, the dark pendant does come up under kiss of the night. It is called the 'distressed' verion. :( Still being sold new. It is sold with a brighter, nickel free chain though, nothing like our girl's. I wonder if she added that chain herself?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 34
This goth site has about 25 thousand members, nearly all UK. Forums and photos and gigs to go to as well. I hope someone has been kind enough to post that UID's details there, where they are most likely to be recognised. Forums are closed to non members though, so I can't tell if they have been.

http://www.netgoth.org.uk/gothmap/

was just researching and found almost the same necklace on a tumblr, girl and her friend were from the UK and order the necklaces off "The Crypt Of Curiosities". Going to take a look and see if I can come up with something.

Im also thinking student. ( surely a uni student would be noticed missing ?

The black diamonte tshirt . I wonder if its a hello kitty one as i have one with diamontes on also and i know that emos and gothics love hello kitty
The torch.. both my daughters have one attached to there bags due to the council switching off street lights in the evening ..
I just think its awefully sad that this has faded from the news already

That is very shocking, where have all these lost patients gone??
Could not help but notice the articles on same page concerning Travellers " on holiday" in hospital parking lot.
Although the Goth type does not seem consistent with Roma style, that I know of anyway, but could our "Doe" be from that community?

My instinct says not, but it may be worth checking with gitana to get her opinion as she has a lot of knowledge about Roma communities.

I'm still hung up with the location. This girl was found at the back of an industrial unit, off a suburb, getting there via a route without vehicular access. It really suggests a person with local knowledge to me. I hope police can release a reconstruction of what this person looked like very soon.

The clothing make would be useful as well.. and what is severàl Face piercings.. eyebrow.. nose and possibly lip ?

The black diamonte tshirt . I wonder if its a hello kitty one as i have one with diamontes on also and i know that emos and gothics love hello kitty

Gothics don't necessarily love HK, the ones who do are very likely to end up being humorously referred to as 'mall goths' and other such similar things. There's nothing particularly gothic about HK, IMO that's like saying goths like care bears... some may, others may not, but it's not really an inherent part of the 'subculture' so much as a personal preference.

Yes, the dark pendant does come up under kiss of the night. It is called the 'distressed' verion. :( Still being sold new. It is sold with a brighter, nickel free chain though, nothing like our girl's. I wonder if she added that chain herself?

Maybe, perhaps the original chain broke or she didn't like it, maybe if she got it secondhand online or from a friend the chain could have already been replaced, maybe the store where she bought it offered chain options people could buy to put on their necklaces, etc. It's hard to tell.

I don't think that trying to track down where the necklace was bought is going to be possible since it's still being sold on several websites and it could have been bought offline or secondhand, even been a present. :twocents:

If anything, the necklace could help in identifying her.

I looked for live music/concerts in Bolton over the past couple of months, but I wasn't much good at recognising which band she might have wanted to see. Frankly, I'm not the person to do it.

I would do it but I don't really get what was the time frame for her death? Was it October or is that the date when she was found?

Those bat necklaces can be found all over markets like Camden, on different chains too. AG have been making it for years, I remember it in the back of Metal Hammer and Kerrang! pretty much every week during my "goth" years. And AG is on a lot of websites.

Where I live is pretty small but there is a fair few people who have several facial piercing and the local tattoo and piercing shop could prob give you at least a nickname for each person. I wish they would state the placing, type and colour of her bars etc It could make a light go off in some ones head.

Sounds like older style Criminal Damage clothing that she was in, they use to sell AG too. I'm sure they use to sell a top like that but they have gone more hipster and cool and away from the goth/punk looks, and I can't find it. Labels in her clothes would surely help with if she was more likely to be British or not. Hmmm so many questions.

And if Greater Manchester police couldn't find anything on that USB I reckon it's empty or there is nothing helpful.

Her remains had been there awhile, so the devices could have been damaged by the elements.

Someone up thread mentioned looking for missing people from Europe, I had a quick look on Interpol's website, and I found one possible match although it's a long shot...

"KARAVAYA, KRYSTSINA
Present family name :KARAVAYA
Forename :KRYSTSINA
Sex :Female
Date of birth :26/10/1989 (24 years old)
Place of birth : MINSK , Belarus
Nationality : Belarus
Father's family name & forename :KARAVY ALEXANDER
Height :1.64 meter
Colour of hair : Dark
Language spoken : Russian, Italian
Date of disappearance : 24/09/2011 When 21 years old
Place of disappearance : Minsk, Belarus"

Link to her profile: http://www.interpol.int/Missing-Per...rent_age_maxi=100&IPSGT_Sex=F&IPSGT_Hair=OTHD

This case saddens me. I wish she would be identified so that she can be laid to rest at peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gothics don't necessarily love HK, the ones who do are very likely to end up being humorously referred to as 'mall goths' and other such similar things. There's nothing particularly gothic about HK, IMO that's like saying goths like care bears... some may, others may not, but it's not really an inherent part of the 'subculture' so much as a personal preference.

Maybe, perhaps the original chain broke or she didn't like it, maybe if she got it secondhand online or from a friend the chain could have already been replaced, maybe the store where she bought it offered chain options people could buy to put on their necklaces, etc. It's hard to tell.

I don't think that trying to track down where the necklace was bought is going to be possible since it's still being sold on several websites and it could have been bought offline or secondhand, even been a present. :twocents:

If anything, the necklace could help in identifying her.

I would do it but I don't really get what was the time frame for her death? Was it October or is that the date when she was found?

My bad .. apologies.. i worded it completely wrong.. let me try again

Im trying to figure if shes an adult goth lady or a young emo uni student..

The young emo student type have a craze for the hello kitty theme .. u see them with there thick black make up.. black clothing and pink bows (pretty emos)

If she had a one way train ticket and no key that could that mean she was just visiting.. if shewas just visiting why doesnt she have a bag.. if she has a ticket it must be recent so had she just arrived ?

Young girls very rarely just drop dead.. was it suicide hence no bag or id..but then why the usb and memory card.. hope it didnt contain letters that have now been damaged ..
Has she told family shes off visiting friend .. got a train.. disposed of her fone and bag stuck her music on and then killed herself ? =(

My bad .. apologies.. i worded it completely wrong.. let me try again

Im trying to figure if shes an adult goth lady or a young emo uni student..

The young emo student type have a craze for the hello kitty theme .. u see them with there thick black make up.. black clothing and pink bows (pretty emos)

If she had a one way train ticket and no key that could that mean she was just visiting.. if shewas just visiting why doesnt she have a bag.. if she has a ticket it must be recent so had she just arrived ?

Young girls very rarely just drop dead.. was it suicide hence no bag or id..but then why the usb and memory card.. hope it didnt contain letters that have now been damaged ..
Has she told family shes off visiting friend .. got a train.. disposed of her fone and bag stuck her music on and then killed herself ? =(

Do we know she had a one way ticket, from what I understand she had something about the line that runs to the airport from Manchester or something like that. Even if she had only a one-way ticket maybe she was moving there or would be staying there a while. If she was from a EU member country she wouldn't need a return ticket, I don't know about entry requirements for citizens of other countries.

The only ticket mentioned here is a train ticket - I wonder what stations it was for. The airport map makes me think she was going to or from an airport, hence my belief she could have been from elsewhere and was in the UK for a show or event, or that maybe she was from the UK but ready to go somewhere else. She wouldn't necessary need a paper ticket to board a plane as some airlines let you have an eticket, or let you print out a paper that you show at the check-in which she could have stored in her USB stick.

Also, if she didn't have a bag with her maybe there's a number of explanations. Maybe she was out to go to a show or club - most people I know either take things in their pockets or take only a very tiny purse with essential items - or out for a casual walk like going to a friend's house or just exploring the area. Maybe she left her bag somewhere like at home, if she was travelling she may have left it at a hostel or her host's house. Maybe someone took it, thinking important things would be inside.

I don't know if it was necessarily suicide, IMO it seems like she could have been kidnapped and then left there, or gone out and met with foul play, or been to someone's house and then they left her body there. :( :twocents:

Those bat necklaces can be found all over markets like Camden, on different chains too. AG have been making it for years, I remember it in the back of Metal Hammer and Kerrang! pretty much every week during my "goth" years. And AG is on a lot of websites.

Where I live is pretty small but there is a fair few people who have several facial piercing and the local tattoo and piercing shop could prob give you at least a nickname for each person. I wish they would state the placing, type and colour of her bars etc It could make a light go off in some ones head.

Sounds like older style Criminal Damage clothing that she was in, they use to sell AG too. I'm sure they use to sell a top like that but they have gone more hipster and cool and away from the goth/punk looks, and I can't find it. Labels in her clothes would surely help with if she was more likely to be British or not. Hmmm so many questions.

I agree, I remember seeing necklaces like that one and in similar designs a lot a few years ago and even now. AG is a very popular brand, not just in the UK but elsewhere as well.

And yes I wish we knew the placement and types of piercings, that could tell someone something or jog someone's memory.

If the Doe was there a few months it would obviously suggest that she was possibly there in the summer time, although wondering about that jacket with fur lined collar that she was wearing. This girl seems like a cross between girly, ie. pink flashlight and hello kitty t shirt, and tough,ie facial piercings and Doc Martens.
Wondering if and when they might create a composite pic. to help her be identified.

Wondering if those facial piercings looked recent and if so, did they get this girl kicked out of the house?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goth_subculture#Fashion

bbm.

"Nancy Kilpatrick's Goth Bible: A Compendium for the Darkly Inclined defines "poseur" for the goth scene as follows:"goth wannabes, usually young kids going through a goth phase who do not hold to goth sensibilities but want to be part of the goth crowd...". Kilpatrick calls poseur goths "Batbabies" whose clothing is bought at [mall store] Hot Topic with their parents' money".

'train ticket and timetable for the Edinburgh to Manchester Airport train line.'

i presumed with this info it was a single ticket .. but i could be wrong.. i wonder if i was to make a phone call they would give more details ?

Probably not connected, but did give me pause..
June 2013
http://mancunianmatters.co.uk/conte...be-unidentified-woman-–-motorway-remains-shut

"Motorists are being warned to avoid the M61 near Bolton after a woman’s body was found in the middle of the motorway last night.

Officers were called to a section of the southbound carriage way at 2am after drivers spotted the corpse in the road, which is likely to remain closed into rush hour."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back