Found Deceased UK - Caroline Everest, 18, Sheffield, 22 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I assume it was probably a room with "staff only" on the door or something, hence the confusion. Could just be a small office or something rather than an official staff room.

I wonder if we'll get PM results today?

Two staff members have said there is no room like that though. Maybe there's a storage cupboard or something with Staff Only on though. Wonder where they go for their breaks if there's no staff room.

Not sure how long a PM would take.

Two staff members have said there is no room like that though. Maybe there's a storage cupboard or something with Staff Only on though. Wonder where they go for their breaks if there's no staff room.

Not sure how long a PM would take.

There's usually a CCTV / Security / First Aid type of room in a club. It's probably something like that. Neither party has reason to lie about it, so I think it's just a random room which is not open to the public. There has to be one, even if it's just where they leave their coats and bags.

PM's are usually done pretty quickly unless they need toxicology reports (which they probably will, in this case). They normally release the cause of death if it was a physical thing like drowning or murder. In case of drug overdoses or poisoning it will come back "inconclusive" pending tox tests which take a few weeks. I'd have thought we'd know today.

There's usually a CCTV / Security / First Aid type of room in a club. It's probably something like that. Neither party has reason to lie about it, so I think it's just a random room which is not open to the public. There has to be one, even if it's just where they leave their coats and bags.

PM's are usually done pretty quickly unless they need toxicology reports (which they probably will, in this case). They normally release the cause of death if it was a physical thing like drowning or murder. In case of drug overdoses or poisoning it will come back "inconclusive" pending tox tests which take a few weeks. I'd have thought we'd know today.
Yeah I thought it's be unusual not to have any staff only areas at all, I guess if it wasn't a purpose built night club and is something like an old warehouse that's been converted, maybe they dont, maybe there's an area behind the bar they use or something though.

Cause of Caroline Everest’s death is ‘inconclusive’

Further tests have been requested to determine the cause of Caroline Everest’s death, after a post-mortem examination was inconclusive.

Caroline, 18, from Sheffield, was reported missing after leaving the Corporation nightclub in the city centre in the early hours of Sunday (22 November).

Officers searching for her found the body of a young woman in a river in Summerfield Street, at the bottom of Ecclesall road, at around 3.45am on Tuesday (24 November).

Formal identification has taken place today (25 November) and we can confirm it is that of Caroline Everest.

Detectives are continuing their investigation to piece together the exact circumstances that led to her death.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Victoria Short said: “At this time, we are treating Caroline’s death as unexplained.

“There have been a number of developments throughout the late evening and overnight as part of this complex investigation.

“A post-mortem examination was completed however the cause of death was not established and the results were recorded as inconclusive. Further tests have now been requested.

“Officers have trawled through hours of CCTV footage to trace Caroline’s last steps to begin to understand what happened that night.

“CCTV tells us that Caroline left the Corporation nightclub on Milton Street at around 2.40am on Sunday.

“A minute later, she is seen with a man outside the Devonshire Cat pub. At 3.35am, CCTV shows them parting company on Napier Street in Sharrow.

“Approximately ten minutes later, Caroline is seen alone on Summerfield Street, walking in the direction of the river. This is the last we see of her.

“We have carried out extensive enquiries in a bid to identify and locate the man in the earlier CCTV footage. As a result, we arrested a 31-year-old on suspicion of rape. He remains in custody.

“The investigation is ongoing and we continue to review CCTV footage from the information received from the public.

“If you saw Caroline that night, or have any information, I urge you to come forward. Any information, no matter how small, could be vital to piece together her final steps and to provide answers for her family.”

Please call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting incident number 998 of 22 November 2015

- See more at: http://www.southyorks.police.uk/new...t’s-death-‘inconclusive’#sthash.CeZqoQy3.dpuf

That's a fair bit of the way for them to walk and when they parted company they were over the other side of town from where she needed to be..

Interesting that they parted company on napier road - so close to where she was found.

This case has turned soo bizarre

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

@RobParsonsYP: BREAKING: Police investigating the death of Sheffield student Caroline Everest have arrested a 31-year-old man on suspicion of rape. #YPlive

Not had the chance to catch up yet so im not sure if this has been posted or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cause of Caroline Everest’s death is ‘inconclusive’

Further tests have been requested to determine the cause of Caroline Everest’s death, after a post-mortem examination was inconclusive.

Caroline, 18, from Sheffield, was reported missing after leaving the Corporation nightclub in the city centre in the early hours of Sunday (22 November).

Officers searching for her found the body of a young woman in a river in Summerfield Street, at the bottom of Ecclesall road, at around 3.45am on Tuesday (24 November).

Formal identification has taken place today (25 November) and we can confirm it is that of Caroline Everest.

Detectives are continuing their investigation to piece together the exact circumstances that led to her death.

Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Chief Inspector Victoria Short said: “At this time, we are treating Caroline’s death as unexplained.

“There have been a number of developments throughout the late evening and overnight as part of this complex investigation.

“A post-mortem examination was completed however the cause of death was not established and the results were recorded as inconclusive. Further tests have now been requested.

“Officers have trawled through hours of CCTV footage to trace Caroline’s last steps to begin to understand what happened that night.

“CCTV tells us that Caroline left the Corporation nightclub on Milton Street at around 2.40am on Sunday.

“A minute later, she is seen with a man outside the Devonshire Cat pub. At 3.35am, CCTV shows them parting company on Napier Street in Sharrow.

“Approximately ten minutes later, Caroline is seen alone on Summerfield Street, walking in the direction of the river. This is the last we see of her.

“We have carried out extensive enquiries in a bid to identify and locate the man in the earlier CCTV footage. As a result, we arrested a 31-year-old on suspicion of rape. He remains in custody.

“The investigation is ongoing and we continue to review CCTV footage from the information received from the public.

“If you saw Caroline that night, or have any information, I urge you to come forward. Any information, no matter how small, could be vital to piece together her final steps and to provide answers for her family.”

Please call police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111, quoting incident number 998 of 22 November 2015

- See more at: http://www.southyorks.police.uk/new...t’s-death-‘inconclusive’#sthash.CeZqoQy3.dpuf

At least they know some of her movements now but how strange for the PM to be inconclusive. I wonder if she did have her drink spiked with something that she' s reacted badly to. Any other reasons a first PM might be inconclusive other than possible drugs?

"CCTV tells us that Caroline left the Corporation nightclub on Milton Street at around 2.40am on Sunday."

“Approximately ten minutes later, Caroline is seen alone on Summerfield Street, walking in the direction of the river. This is the last we see of her."

“We have carried out extensive enquiries in a bid to identify and locate the man in the earlier CCTV footage. As a result, we arrested a 31-year-old on suspicion of rape. He remains in custody."

Oh my goodness, this is shocking.

I'm stunned.

That's a fair bit of the way for them to walk and when they parted company they were over the other side of town from where she needed to be..

Interesting that they parted company on napier road - so close to where she was found.

This case has turned soo bizarre

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Directions are my weak point. Where's Skibs with her map! lol

From that description of events it looks like it's the man she parted company with that they have arrested for rape. They don't mention if he was spotted after the last sighting of Caroline alone. Did he then follow her after she was seen alone but without being picked up on CCTV?

Hmmmm. I don't know what to say or think at this moment in time. Can we assume she didn't die from drowning, stabbing, head trauma etc? Or suffocation, strangulation? All of those would show up in the PM. And if this man came forward to say he'd met her and slept with her, why would the police have reason for a rape charge? I felt her body had been thrown over that bridge wall, possibly from a car pulling up. I wonder where the CCTV camera is. Could this man have floowed her back up the road and done something? This is really quite strange...

Directions are my weak point. Where's Skibs with her map! lol

HERE :)

I've added the cctv sightings, Napier Street is not exact as it runs both sides of Summerfield Street and I'm not sure where the cameras have seen them. I've had a look on streetview and spotted cameras on both sides

Oh my goodness, this is shocking.

I'm stunned.

I'm not. I knew she hadn't just accidentally gone the wrong way home of her own volition, there had to be a reason for her to be in that area. So where were they between 2:41 (Dev Cat) and 3:35 (Napier St)? Did they drink anywhere else? Probably not at that time, did they go back to his and it turned nasty?

HERE :)

I've added the cctv sightings, Napier Street is not exact as it runs both sides of Summerfield Street and I'm not sure where the cameras have seen them. I've had a look on streetview and spotted cameras on both sides

Thanks skibaboo aka mrs map [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seeing rooms that are not there? What drugs where they taking!! Might be the view of people who worked at the club if they did not want to mention she went into a room - that's if they had anything to hide but I can not see that

Hmmmm. I don't know what to say or think at this moment in time. Can we assume she didn't die from drowning, stabbing, head trauma etc? Or suffocation, strangulation? All of those would show up in the PM. And if this man came forward to say he'd met her and slept with her, why would the police have reason for a rape charge? I felt her body had been thrown over that bridge wall, possibly from a car pulling up. I wonder where the CCTV camera is. Could this man have floowed her back up the road and done something? This is really quite strange...

defensive injuries on her hands/arms/legs, marks and bruising possibly, showing a struggle I would imagine.

Just thinking could the rape have been caught on CCTV before they parted?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notaryroute
Back