Found Deceased UK - Caroline Everest, 18, Sheffield, 22 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Good point! So it's looking more like somebody put her body over the wall rather than her falling over it. Why she was even in that area and heading from Napier to Summerfield Street remains a mystery.

She was probably walking back towards the main road. However we don't know which camera on Napier she was spotted on, it's quite a long road so we can't be sure which direction she was coming from. What's odd is that there was about 10 mins from her leaving the man on Napier, to being sighted by cameras on Summerfield. It's a 2 or 3 minute walk at most, not sure why it took her 10. She can't have used her phone to call for help as nobody knew she was missing until a family meal the following day. So what was she doing in that missing few minutes? Was she alone? Had someone caught up with her? I wish we knew where these 2 cctv cameras both were, we'd have a better idea of what happened.

As for the bridge - she can't have fallen over it, so either she went in further upstream, or she snuck round to the side for a wee or something and slipped in, or someone pushed/put her there.

If you go past the "bridge" and turn left , round the corner from the higher walled side it looks like you can access the brook from a gap before you get to the first building too. In a less open place than where the wall is

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3...4!1sNWybhj1MmNPBAwaKtw6hjg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3...4!1sNWybhj1MmNPBAwaKtw6hjg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Sorry only know how to post links rather than pics but if somebody wants to add them as pics please do.

Good find! yes it looks as though there are railings (probably all the way along behind the flats) but still, not that easy to fall over. I wish we could see on the other side of the stream, where the carpark is.

Has anyone sussed out which CCTV on Summerfield is likely to have picked her up?

Is there a gap between the bridge wall (stone) and the perpendicular fencing (the fencing that runs along the stream)...on either side? I haven't seen a photo of that part. I'm just wondering, while we ponder the likelihood of Caroline falling over the wall, whether there may have been an easier way of getting down to the water. This is speculation for Caroline as well as a perpetrator. I'm curious what wounds were found on her...thorn scratches (from making her way through the thicket), blunt trauma (from falling over the edge), nothing (because she was placed there). Very curious.

ETA:

If you go past the "bridge" and turn left , round the corner from the higher walled side it looks like you can access the brook from a gap before you get to the first building too. In a less open place than where the wall is

This shows a bit more

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3...4!1smB-NeGFPx8QgjSfzoTb0Ng!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Possibly also another way to access the brook this side

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3...4!1setSq055Fbig2DMnOGJc8rA!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Sorry only know how to post links rather than pics but if somebody wants to add them as pics please do.

In Purple's post, if you look at the first google link, in some of the photos the graffiti wall has fallen. I wonder what the current state of that wall is? Also, if you "walk" down Pomona Street (following the graffiti wall down the alley between the red brick building and the stream), you can see that entrance into the stream is not as safeguarded as it seems from the other views. Just because the police are looking over the stone wall doesn't mean that Caroline entered from that spot. Not sure where I'm going with this line of thinking but I do know that usually nothing is as it seems.

**I first typed this without seeing Purple's post, only Cagney's response. It seems like we are kind of saying the same thing. Sorry about that!

Good point! So it's looking more like somebody put her body over the wall rather than her falling over it. Why she was even in that area and heading from Napier to Summerfield Street remains a mystery.

Perhaps the man in question lives round there. And when they parted company, she headed towards the main road in hopes of finding a taxi ?

Looks like there is a street lamp just by the graffiti area, so (if working of course) any attack there would be fairly visible

to car drivers going past..

From my google view, which may be old, there seems to be quite a bit of street lighting on the waste ground to the left

of the wall as well.

If she fell as she entered the river her injuries would be the same if she was pushed in, so I don't know how the police would determine if it was foul play, unless there was just no point along the river where she could have fallen.

Do we know her height?

My guess is that this man was someone she met in the Club.
From what has been said on here, the Devonshire Pub closes at 1am.
So Caroline comes out of the Club and one minute later she is with this man at the doorway of the Pub. So very likely that they agreed to meet up, or he just followed her out of the Club and caught up with her at the doorway to the pub.
Or he could've been hanging around outside the club just waiting for an opportunity?

As noone heard from her after she left the club, maybe she had her phone stolen while she was there?

Is there a gap between the bridge wall (stone) and the perpendicular fencing (the fencing that runs along the stream)...on either side? I haven't seen a photo of that part. I'm just wondering, while we ponder the likelihood of Caroline falling over the wall, whether there may have been an easier way of getting down to the water. This is speculation for Caroline as well as a perpetrator. I'm curious what wounds were found on her...thorn scratches (from making her way through the thicket), blunt trauma (from falling over the edge), nothing (because she was placed there). Very curious.

ETA:

In Cagney's post just above mine, if you look at the first google link, in some of the photos the graffiti wall has fallen. I wonder what the current state of that wall is? Also, if you "walk" down Pomona Street (following the graffiti wall down the alley between the red brick building and the stream), you can see that entrance into the stream is not as safeguarded as it seems from the other views. Just because the police are looking over the stone wall doesn't mean that Caroline entered from that spot. Not sure where I'm going with this line of thinking but I do know that usually nothing is as it seems.

Yup thats' why I was having a nosey up that way and there definitely seem to be more areas that offer easier access to the brook than going over the bridge. And also mor eplaces that somebody could hide out of view from you if you were walking along there at night. Doesn't look a very nice place to be walking round at night fulls top, which makes me wonder if they did leave each other on bad terms as surely most blokes would walk the girl to a safer place.

Re the fact that a man has been arrested so quickly - it could be that he's already known to police/dna sample on file? Or that he was recognised from the cctv ... could be a club regular, member of staff, someone already known to Caroline - another student?

Yup thats' why I was having a nosey up that way and there definitely seem to be more areas that offer easier access to the brook than going over the bridge. And also mor eplaces that somebody could hide out of view from you if you were walking along there at night. Doesn't look a very nice place to be walking round at night fulls top, which makes me wonder if they did leave each other on bad terms as surely most blokes would walk the girl to a safer place.

If it was rape I can't imagine her willingly walking with him. When the police say they parted company it sounds as if they just walked away from each other but I find that most unlikely if he'd attacked her. Possibly someone walked past or a car drove by and she got her chance, and then he caught up with her again via another route. I can't work out why she wouldn't then contact someone on her phone, unless he had her phone or bag. Police haven't said anything about her phone have they.

If it was rape I can't imagine her willingly walking with him. When the police say they parted company it sounds as if they just walked away from each other but I find that most unlikely if he'd attacked her. Possibly someone walked past or a car drove by and she got her chance, and then he caught up with her again via another route. I can't work out why she wouldn't then contact someone on her phone, unless he had her phone or bag. Police haven't said anything about her phone have they.

BIB It's one of those phrases that doesn't really tell you anything. As always, they are not disclosing everything they know.

Re the fact that a man has been arrested so quickly - it could be that he's already known to police/dna sample on file? Or that he was recognised from the cctv ... could be a club regular, member of staff, someone already known to Caroline - another student?

I'm pretty sure I read in an earlier police statement that they had traced him from cctv. He was the last person to see her as well I suppose (that is known about) so automatically a suspect.

I'm pretty sure I read in an earlier police statement that they had traced him from cctv. He was the last person to see her as well I suppose (that is known about) so automatically a suspect.

I'm thinking a club bouncer. Possibly asked if she needed help getting home, she trusted him, he was strong enough to pick her up from the waist and push her over the wall. MOO

Yeah but I was thinking, police could see me on cctv but unless I was known to or recognised by someone they wouldn't know me from you or anyone else without putting out a 'do you recognise this person' ... does that make sense?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back