Found Deceased UK - Caroline Everest, 18, Sheffield, 22 Nov 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It does feel Karen like, I'm hoping that's just because it was a cold late night at a club :(

In another stream of comments on the Corporation Facebook page, a barmaid said she had seen Miss Everest at the bar where she was served water.

So was she intoxicated & they refused to serve her alcohol & gave her water instead to sober her up? Or wasn't she drinking at all?

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-left-Sheffield-nightclub-Saturday-night.html
Possible or could be neither, on my nights out clubbing, I'd often have a water or soft drink in between alcoholic drinks and my only daughter of 3 who goes out and drinks does the same ...

Starting to feel like their may be more info to this than is being made public by police ...

In another stream of comments on the Corporation Facebook page, a barmaid said she had seen Miss Everest at the bar where she was served water.

So was she intoxicated & they refused to serve her alcohol & gave her water instead to sober her up? Or wasn't she drinking at all?

Link: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-left-Sheffield-nightclub-Saturday-night.html

Not saying it applies in this case but if people are doing certain drugs they may avoid drinking alcohol and drink water to stay hydrated.

Possible or could be neither, on my nights out clubbing, I'd often have a water or soft drink in between alcoholic drinks and my only daughter of 3 who goes out and drinks does the same ...

Yeah that's true. Some people drink water or a soft drink in between alcohol to stay hydrated & minimise the risk of a hangover the next day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does feel Karen like, I'm hoping that's just because it was a cold late night at a club :(

Cases like this, I'm always reminded of Sian O'Callaghan in Swindon, murdered by a taxi driver. :( Such an appalling breach of trust. And she would have felt even safer because she was friends with his daughters. At least he was caught very quickly by CCTV.

Hey it happens all the time, I had it happen before. So they saved "a" glass, but was it the one? I'll not take any "spiking" accusations with a big pinch of salt. I'll believe it as much as any other "news" stories I read. If it was a bunch of friends I'd believe it more.
There was no glass saved, it was just a baseless rumour that was flying about at the time.

I really hope she is 18- decided to 'live the college life' and is sleeping it off somewhere safe and oblivious after a 2 day house party... but the fact that the police are all over it after less than 48 hours means they are taking it seriously. That is concerning.

It's also really out of character for her, her friend said she's usually the sensible one. Everyone has their moments though! But I really don't think this will end well, sadly [emoji17]

Not saying it applies in this case but if people are doing certain drugs they may avoid drinking alcohol and drink water to stay hydrated.

That's also true! Ecstasy or Cocaine are usually the most common that are taken in clubs. Both can make you feel very dehydrated. I'll be surprised if it applies in this case, you never know though.

Either way, I have a bad feeling about this one. We usually read about drunken teenagers leaving clubs, & sadly falling in to rivers. Didn't someone say somewhere on this thread that the closest river was about half an hour away from the club?

That's also true! Ecstasy or Cocaine are usually the most common that are taken in clubs. Both can make you feel very dehydrated. I'll be surprised if it applies in this case, you never know though.

If she was taking Ecstacy the security would know the signs- especially for a first timer- and more likely to be smacked out than aggressive- they would and should mind her and get her home. Coke more likely- but what responsible 18 year old starts on coke?

It is quite likely she had a lot of alcohol that can make you aggressive and also make you think you can simply walk home. IF she was under the influence of anything- we don't know- but I believe the CCTV has led the police to act fast.

Young girl leaving the club alone in the cold and without a coat and not herd from after- 2 possible situations are very real- a terrible accident/ misadventure... or someone intercepted her en route. It happened in my home town last year- it was awful- some student got very drunk and left a club- took a short cut home and misjudged a drop- he was not found for a few days with hundreds of people looking for him. So very very sad.

I am sure they have her phone traced.

I really hope she is 18- decided to 'live the college life' and is sleeping it off somewhere safe and oblivious after a 2 day house party... but the fact that the police are all over it after less than 48 hours means they are taking it seriously. That is concerning.

Very true. If you look at the UK missing adults and kids FB page there are several people who go missing every day. Many are teenage girls and you wonder why it's not hit the headlines until you read they've run away several times, or they're with a boyfriend or whatever. The police have to make a decision whether it's a case that needs to go to the media i.e. whether they believe a crime might have taken place. In this case, sadly, it appears they might think that's a possibility/probability.

https://www.facebook.com/www.missingadultschildrenintheuk/?fref=ts

Either way, I have a bad feeling about this one. We usually read about drunken teenagers leaving clubs, & sadly falling in to rivers. Didn't someone say somewhere on this thread that the closest river was about half an hour away from the club?

No, no water anywhere between club and home. Lots of large non-residential premises though, I hope they've all been asked to search thoroughly. Unfortunately, looking at a map I'm not sure there's an obvious route home but I don't know Sheffield that well, perhaps someone local can clarify. As I said before, there are likely to be multiple CCTV cameras whichever route she may have taken so I would guess the police already know when/if/how she left the nightclub and how far she might have got.

If she was taking Ecstacy the security would know the signs- especially for a first timer- and more likely to be smacked out than aggressive- they would and should mind her and get her home. Coke more likely- but what responsible 18 year old starts on coke?

It is quite likely she had a lot of alcohol that can make you aggressive and also make you think you can simply walk home. IF she was under the influence of anything- we don't know- but I believe the CCTV has led the police to act fast.

Young girl leaving the club alone in the cold and without a coat and not herd from after- 2 possible situations are very real- a terrible accident/ misadventure... or someone intercepted her en route. It happened in my home town last year- it was awful- some student got very drunk and left a club- took a short cut home and misjudged a drop- he was not found for a few days with hundreds of people looking for him. So very very sad.

I am sure they have her phone traced.

I doubt she was taking drugs, I was just saying that they're the most common drugs that are taken in nightclubs. I know a lot of responsible people who are in with the wrong crowd on a night out, or just want to try it. Or agree to it because they're either intoxicated or are trying to show off/impress others. Peer pressure as well etc. I'll be very surprised if this is the case here, but im just throwing it out there that it can happen to even the most sensible & responsible of people. We just don't know if she was intoxicated, sober, on drugs or just tipsy. She could have been in any sort of state.

It is very sad indeed. I also agree that the police seem to be taking it very seriously & are acting fast! I definitely think there is more information than is being reported though. They nearly always know more than they're saying!

South Yorkshire Police’s Supt James Abdy said: “We are carrying out extensive enquiries to find Caroline, including reviewing CCTV, conducting searches and speaking to friends, family and associates.

“We have appointed a family liaison officer to provide support and act as a dedicated point of contact for Caroline’s family, whilst we carry out enquiries to locate her and establish the reasons for her disappearance.

Read more: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news...t-caroline-everest-18-1-7584874#ixzz3sMGdtSC4

Hopefully they find something on the cctv that will help to locate her!

Cabs the root she might have taken to walk home how long would that journey have taken? can not believe no one has found anything items as yet such has a bag, purse, anything this is way I believe woman should not be walking the streets on their own at that time of night

@philbodmer: Police activity on Milton St, #Sheffield as officers search for missing student Caroline Everest @BBCLookNorth https://t.co/n7dEDnczqE

8607bb2dcfb4ec0ddd352f25ac798c2d.jpg

Quite a lot of activity! That was about 7 hours ago, just seen the tweet.

I just found this thread and read all pages. I'm wondering about her state of mind.

She is said to have been aggressive, and was for some reason in the staff room, which is kind of odd. Was there an incident, did she have an argument with someone? Her anger might have been even worse after she had been asked to leave. There was another thread here not long ago where a young woman had a fight with her bf, left the house at night in the cold, and hanged herself not far away in some wooded area. Certainly hope that nothing like this happened here!

Another thought is, we are assuming that she went in the direction of where she lives, but she might not have gone home, so I think any body of water is still a good possibility.

Hope she's found soon!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997
Back