Found Deceased UK - Caroline Everest, 18, Sheffield, 22 Nov 2015

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's 0.9 miles according to google maps - a 16 minute walk or 7 minute car journey.

That would definitely seem doable after a few drinks and if she was a new student she might not be familiar with the area yet and have lost her way.

It's reminding me of the Hannah Graham case.

I don't think she even took a coat? She was wearing just a black dress & a black cardigan. This is what she was wearing that night.. It was taken in the nightclub on the same night she disappeared.
5a3e635bdcf54a025e441a6dea60834a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She'd be freezing outside at night dressed like that, it's been bitter the last few evenings.

That is odd two conflicting accounts of event s in the club what don't add up

She would be freezing depending how long she was outside but most females don't take coats when their out clubbing it these days presumable for it being too warm in the club

So true, drink can give you false bravado.

In my younger days, I recall vividly being out clubbing with friends, getting quite drunk and then working my way home. I can honestly report, that on many occasions, I left my coat in the bar and walked home in the MIDDLE OF WINTER IN CANADA, alone. It was refreshing, cooling and I felt invincible. Luckily I always made it home. My Goodness, the way I put myself at risk blows my mind. Thank Goodness those days are long gone.

I can envision Caroline, walking home in the cold, wobbling, head down one foot in front of the other. Sigh...

I hope this young girl is found.
I'm not of the clubbing type, however I do remember coming home in the morning hours after a concert. No drinking. I would walk in the middle of the street until I saw headlights. I guess people could have thought I was drunk then😉
Where are you Caroline? Please be safe.

It's probably not relevant, but I remember going to one club when I was younger and we had a friend at the club who took our coats and put them in the staff room for us.

Did Caroline and her friends walk to the club or did they get a taxi?

Whatever route her friends from the halls took back should have been the same route she'd take. I used to hang out with a few girls who took an unusual route to college and although no one else knew that route, we'd all have known.

The River Don looks to be only about 5 mins from the halls of res where she was living, but I'd be far more concerned about any cars driving the road between the club and the halls at that time of night.

Caroline looks like a lovely girl and I hope she will be found safely!

Extensive searches have been carried out in Sheffield since Caroline went missing in the early hours of Sunday (22 November).

Officers searching the area this morning found the body of a woman in a river in Summerfield Street, at the bottom of Ecclesall Road, at around 3.45am.

She has not yet been formally identified, but police believe it to be Caroline Everest. Her family has been informed and are being supported by specially-trained officers.

Work continues today to establish the circumstances surrounding her death.

Police continue to appeal to anyone who may have seen Caroline in this location to come forward.

She was last seen by her friends at Corporation nightclub, in Milton Street, Sheffield, at around 2.30am on Sunday.

Did you see her walking between the Corporation nightclub and Summerfield Street?

- See more at: http://www.southyorks.police.uk/new...ody-found-during-search-missing-student#.dpuf

What sad news to wake up to, my heart breaks for her poor family!
What a senseless loss of a life ...

IF Caroline was ejected from this club on her own and the worse for wear, I hope they will be held in some way accountable.

Have to say, I have seen a few "hope they get the B****** that did this" type comments but personally, I'm assuming that she fell in and sadly drowned. It happens, you get anyone who's been drinking even a little bit and a body of water nearby in the dark and it's a recipe for disaster :(

That body of water is in the opposite direction of her Halls. I wonder where it stems from? So sad, I hope cctv can track her. So very sad

Never ever ends well in the uk when they say last seen leaving a club alone ....my heart sinks every time,

God bless her,

Thoughts are with all those who loved her .

In my home town there was a case of a doorman who ejected a girl from a club but refused to help her get a cab , she ended up being raped half way home through walking ..

These doormen need to have training in vulnerable adults who are intoxicated and not just looking out for ****s in clubs

They need to be there to protect the public as well as the premises

In my home town there was a case of a doorman who ejected a girl from a club but refused to help her get a cab , she ended up being raped half way home through walking ..

These doormen need to have training in vulnerable adults who are intoxicated and not just looking out for ****s in clubs

They need to be there to protect the public as well as the premises

I also don't understand why they wouldn't have put a call out over the PA for a friend in the club to come and take care of her?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reneej08
Back