Found Deceased UK - Chris May, 28, Kelvedon, Essex, 25 May 2015

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
24 May 2018
Essex man Chris May death inquest death opens

An inquest has opened into the death of a man whose body was found three years after he went missing.

Chris May, 28, was last seen at his home in Kelvedon, Essex, on 25 May 2015, and his car was found 10 miles away in Fairstead two days later.

His body was found in Faulkbourne, near Braintree, on 13 May following a call from a member of the public.

The inquest was opened and adjourned at Essex Coroners' Court in Chelmsford. No cause of death has yet been determined.
---
Mr May's remains were discovered on woodland at Troy's Farm in Faulkbourne, which is just under two miles way from where his car was found.

Inquest of man missing since 2015 opens

It's strange the Police were originally treating this as a murder enquiry. I wonder what led them to believe that? In case anyone missed it, Chris's body was found hanged.

The below article says they found no evidence of murder and at the inquest Chris's death was ruled an "open conclusion" (I thought it was "open verdict"?).

Missing man death 'no evidence' of murder

How odd. Sounds like his family hadn't expected suicide either.

It's strange the Police were originally treating this as a murder enquiry. I wonder what led them to believe that? In case anyone missed it, Chris's body was found hanged.

The below article says they found no evidence of murder and at the inquest Chris's death was ruled an "open conclusion" (I thought it was "open verdict"?).

Missing man death 'no evidence' of murder

Agreed.

Very strange that the police received an anonymous letter telling them he was dead 3 weeks after his disappearance ( as reported by the BBC on 18th June 2015)

Perhaps it was true that he had been the victim of assault, and knew he was under the threat of death, and this drove him to hang himself.

( However there was no evidence of injury, other than that of hanging.)

Something doesn’t sit right with suicide....as is reflected by the verdict of the inquest.

I wonder if more will ever be known?

Rest in Peace Chris May.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnnemarieNL