UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I was thinking more of a material thing as a gift. An expensive watch, gold chain items like these are easily picked up through contacts with rogues/criminals

seperately as the police investigation progressed did they find out that Claudia wasnt completely faithful to Dan throughout their relationship, if this was a revelation to him perhaps this is the reason for some of the distasteful comments on he made on his social media page
And probably the real reason for the breakup and not just long distance

And probably the real reason for the breakup and not just long distance
Maybe the breakup was because of the distance, but I distinctly remember reading somewhere that whereas Claudia wanted to "settle down" Dan was getting over the breakup of a previous long term relationship and wasn't ready to commit.

you certainly get the impression that claudia was the one seeing this as a long term relationship.

I really think the police should talk to dan and his friends and put pressure on them to see what they know

Last edited:
you certainly get the impression that claudia was the one seeing this as a long term relationship.

I really think the police should talk to dan and his friends....

Im not so sure about that she departmentalised her life . was there the long term boyfriend that lived some distance away, previous relationships that she kept an interest in and new casual relationships that happened as they presented themselves, all very workable when you live alone.
I should add I dont think she did this in a devious way in the beginning the problem is if you have relationships running alongside each other its almost enevitable things will in some way end badly

Last edited:
the problem is that if dan and his friends posts do indicate that a present to him was the cause of the problem, then that widens the net of possible suspects to hundreds of petty or not so petty criminals she could have owed money to that she couldn't repay

what puts me off a purely romantic motive....apart from the fact that she doesn't seem to have gone for the serious type...is that it would have been a considerable coincidence for this to have happened during what seems to have been such a significant drugs event

the problem is that if dan and his friends posts do indicate that a present to him was the cause of the problem, then that widens the net of possible suspects to hundreds of petty or not so petty criminals she could have owed money to that she couldn't repay

what puts me off a purely romantic motive....apart from the fact that she doesn't seem to have gone for the serious type...is that it would have been a considerable coincidence for this to have happened during what seems to have been such a significant drugs event
Life does not revolve around Claudia...there is drama and events going on in every household !

I really think the police should talk to dan and his friends and put pressure on them to see what they know
@cortina Did MSM not report that Dan Whitehand had been interviews and was ruled out of Police enquiries? He was reported to have been in Scarborough on 18th March.

Sorry just gettin used 2usin this!
PJ3 in that press article U recently posted, it said they were checkin her hard drives to see if she had Beene on the internet - I thort she didnt have a pc??
Sometimes police throw information out to see how potential Perps react?
For example, if Her murderer was unaware of a computer and even if Claudia didnt have one. The suggestion she did may just Panick a Perp into taking a careless step and revealing all?
I think the term is "kidology"

Where she may have been naive in the sexual relationships she entered into but I have no doubt she was very streetwise. In my opinion it was a combination of both of these which was the cause of her murder.

The cause of most murders are either sex or money.
I don't know, whether you can name it "naive" in her sexual relationships. There was a very specific method behind it, how CL chose her partners and how she remained connected to them all, so it seems. The men were perhaps more naive than her? Just like stupid jumping jacks. IMO

Well this thread does so perhaps you need to explain what you mean!
Was this written somewhere ,interview or stated by someone? Worth checking. Someone close to Claudia has said that. Friend or family member .I am reading to much into this but may copy and paste to see if anything comes up on a search x

Mostly middle aged men, probably couldn't believe there luck that claudia might be interested in them, very easy to manipulate I should imagine
Many girls prefer an older guy! Simply due to maturity but think jens and peters relationship was 25 years ,which is a greater age difference imo and felt at 25 was possibly too young x

Yes I think you’re reading too much into it .
The police need to go back to the very beginning .

Mostly middle aged men, probably couldn't believe there luck that claudia might be interested in them, very easy to manipulate I should imagine
You are saying it!
Did they never ever wake up? - Only, when asked by police after her disappearance, they didn't know her allegedly or didn't know her in an intimate way - of course, ahem, cough. They all had to lose something more than only some lover, who had enough after relatively short time (but was holding the strings for years to come). Poor middle aged men - so simple-minded. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel