Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imo it would be the mystery boyfriend .
And since the police don’t seem to have a clue as to his identity, he /she could simply let the police know where Claudia is.He can do this anonymously.
Even if his dna is found he / she would still be anonymous.
The case would most probably fizzle out .
And it shows some kind of remorse and ‘kindness’ towards her distraught family and close friends including the innocent accused . After all ,all nine can’t be guilty.
Do it now before her anniversary because as you know the heat will be back on !
Please refresh my memory @Popejohn3 . Can you name the 9 please using initials if this helps. Leave out the main 4 arrested in 2015 if you prefer.

Apologies, have had to edit as my phone crashed and cocked my post up!

Heworth is a pretty decent area- good infrastructure, decent community, commutable to the city centre. One of the interesting things about it (and York as a whole) is that “good” and “bad” streets are intermingled rather than there being defined bad areas. You can just as easily be somewhere like East Parade (very middle class and desirable) to somewhere further along Tang Hall (less desirable, some drug issues).

It is most definitely strange to remain living on the street where your best friend disappeared from however...

May I play Devil's Advocate here? Perhaps her friends are just staying put because if Claudia is still alive, however remote this seems to be after the passage of so much time, then she will still have someone there who she can contact. I know it is a stretch but people have been known to do that. Incidentally, has Claudia been officially declared deceased does anybody know?
Another question I have. Did Claudia usually get awoken by an alarm clock or did she use her cell phone (mobile phone in Brit speak ......... I think)? Or any other way?

May I play Devil's Advocate here? Perhaps her friends are just staying put because if Claudia is still alive, however remote this seems to be after the passage of so much time, then she will still have someone there who she can contact. I know it is a stretch but people have been known to do that. Incidentally, has Claudia been officially declared deceased does anybody know?
Another question I have. Did Claudia usually get awoken by an alarm clock or did she use her cell phone (mobile phone in Brit speak ......... I think)? Or any other way?
The police have been treating it as a murder case but until the body turns up there is always hope.Bless her family .

It looks like Kellie Telesford knows a lot about Claudia Lawrence, including Frank Wakefield giving her lifts to work in his Audi

As with a lot of other aspects of this case I suspect the police know very well who the "mystery boyfriend" is.
They’ve always implied they do not know who he is .in fact keep appealing for him to come forward even if just to eliminate him

They’ve always implied they do not know who he is .in fact keep appealing for him to come forward even if just to eliminate him
I think you can substitute ‘mystery’ with ‘new’ I do not see much difference

It looks like Kellie Telesford knows a lot about Claudia Lawrence, including Frank Wakefield giving her lifts to work in his Audi
This account is using the person's name and avi only, the real Kellie Telesford was murdered in 2007

Yes, I fully see your point and it’s very useful to look at the footage from the angles you indicate. Thank you for that, it is very informative.

But IMO the Heworth Road footage is still much too light to be 5.07. IMO it must be later than that. Indeed, the Ford Focus footage is itself IMO likely to be a little later than 0542 if the sun is already getting above the houses.

This does have a bearing on the case because *if* Claudia left for work from her home that morning and intended to walk then she would leave at something like 0520, and IMO both the Ford Focus and Heworth Road footage takes place something like half an hour or more after that specific time (irrespective of what the Heworth Road time stamp may say). If she walked to work then she didn’t get as far as any of the CCTV cameras en route, which would mean disappearing by approx 0530 prior to reaching the Post Office CCTV, as we know she does not appear on that CCTV. This would be well before the Ford Focus brakes sharply in Heworth Road.

As far as I am aware, the police have said nothing about any vehicular activity on Heworth Road between 0515 and 0530, or any such activity around the area covered by the Post Office CCTV?

That alone leaves me feeling that she did not leave home at 0520 that day. The timing of her disappearance simply does not fit with the nature of the other evidence as I see it.

Whereas if she was intending to get a lift from someone then she would leave circa 0540 or 0545, which is a closer time to the activity taking place in the morning, judging from the light levels on the CCTV.

IMO whatever happened to her happened either in or very, very close to her home.
If walking Claudia would reach Melrosegate post office 17 minutes after leaving her house and so about 5:37

Are people staying put in the Heworth area because the Nags Head is a good dealing pub and business interests dictate staying out? IMO of course. Additionally, it would appear that the locals at the Nags are frightened to speak out, If you were lord of the manor and moved on, would the peasants perhaps revolt and open up to the media?

Are people staying put in the Heworth area because the Nags Head is a good dealing pub and business interests dictate staying out? IMO of course. Additionally, it would appear that the locals at the Nags are frightened to speak out, If you were lord of the manor and moved on, would the peasants perhaps revolt and open up to the media?
What is the drug bust count in this pub? Anyone know?

I have another question that might seem stupid to some but please bear with me. I believe that Claudia's cell/mobile phone was never recovered. At least I cannot find any reference to it being recovered. A lot has been made about Claudia being quick to respond to text messages and the one she received from the guy in Cypress at 9.12 pm on 18th March was not replied to. As her phone has not been found has the carrier confirmed she received this text at the stated time or was it the guy who sent the text from Cypress just saying that he SENT it at that time? Did text messages 11 years ago have Delivered/Read messages to confirm the stated actions? Can anyone help on this please?

I have another question that might seem stupid to some but please bear with me. I believe that Claudia's cell/mobile phone was never recovered. At least I cannot find any reference to it being recovered. A lot has been made about Claudia being quick to respond to text messages and the one she received from the guy in Cypress at 9.12 pm on 18th March was not replied to. As her phone has not been found has the carrier confirmed she received this text at the stated time or was it the guy who sent the text from Cypress just saying that he SENT it at that time? Did text messages 11 years ago have Delivered/Read messages to confirm the stated actions? Can anyone help on this please?
The police said the text from Cyprus was RECEIVED at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop