UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, Chef, York University, 18 March 2009 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Pinkizzy Thats very revealing. I have seen some but not all of this in the name of Rodney. So what's likely happening here is that someone who knows what's happened is trying to reveal this by suggesting they are back from the dead !
The police said the text from Cyprus was RECEIVED at that time.
i found the mention of the texts between Steve Samonsin Cyprus and Claudia strange. When reported on Steve told the press word for word what Claudia had text to him but when asked what he had texted to her he replied "I can't recall what I said to her as police took my phone"
So they took his phone but he could still conveniently remember one side of the conversation only?!!!

Thanks @Pinkizzy Thats very revealing. I have seen some but not all of this in the name of Rodney. So what's likely happening here is that someone who knows what's happened is trying to reveal this by suggesting they are back from the dead !

i found the mention of the texts between Steve Samonsin Cyprus and Claudia strange. When reported on Steve told the press word for word what Claudia had text to him but when asked what he had texted to her he replied "I can't recall what I said to her as police took my phone"
So they took his phone but he could still conveniently remember one side of the conversation only?!!!

That is definitely odd @MajorLang. Even if you don't know exactly, you would have some idea. Only other explanation is if the police have asked him not to reveal what he said? Perhaps he mentioned a place or person?

I bet several people breathed a big sigh of relief when Rodney passed away.

Not because he had “visions” of what had happened (my personal opinion is that these types of paranormal things don’t exist but horses for courses). More that he spent a fair bit of time if York and around determining the logistics of CLs journeys and that his activity was keeping the case in the spotlight. I’m sure many didn’t want to be in the negative light.

Not because he had “visions” of what had happened (my personal opinion is that these types of paranormal things don’t exist but horses for courses). More that he spent a fair bit of time if York and around determining the logistics of CLs journeys and that his activity was keeping the case in the spotlight. I’m sure many didn’t want to be in the negative light.
No one wants to be seen in the negative light especially if you’re completely innocent of what your are being accused .
Trying to keep your private life private is completely understandable.
We are all sinners after all but luckily for society very very few are capable of murder.

The police said the text from Cyprus was RECEIVED at that time.

Your totally correct here and apart from upsetting Peter Lawrence and Martin Dales partnership (If not so religious it would be allowed in church) he probably upset the local police but it was good to shake them up-Along with her so called friends who believe they have sole rights to any sympathy I feel that when you watch the documentaries with the usual female suspects that it's like watching Maxine Carr and Ian Huntley all over again IMO

Your totally correct here and apart from upsetting Peter Lawrence and Martin Dales partnership (If not so religious it would be allowed in church) he probably upset the local police but it was good to shake them up-Along with her so called friends who believe they have sole rights to any sympathy I feel that when you watch the documentaries with the usual female suspects that it's like watching Maxine Carr and Ian Huntley all over again IMO[/QUOTE]

Hi Major, BBM, are you suggesting that PL and Martin Dales have more than just a friendship? Or am I reading this wrong? Thanks

Your totally correct here and apart from upsetting Peter Lawrence and Martin Dales partnership (If not so religious it would be allowed in church) he probably upset the local police but it was good to shake them up-Along with her so called friends who believe they have sole rights to any sympathy I feel that when you watch the documentaries with the usual female suspects that it's like watching Maxine Carr and Ian Huntley all over again IMO

Hi Major, BBM, are you suggesting that PL and Martin Dales have more than just a friendship? Or am I reading this wrong? Thanks[/QUOTE]
I would love to say more but best I don't

Hi Major, BBM, are you suggesting that PL and Martin Dales have more than just a friendship? Or am I reading this wrong? Thanks
I would love to say more but best I don't[/QUOTE]

I've read this thread from beginning to end the past few days (and also majorlangs article and moonsafaris) and there's so many cryptic posts! I applaud your detail and the time you must have put into this research, it's a very noble thing to do and I truly hope it helps in some way towards finding out what happened to Claudia. I hope to not cause offence here, as ultimately we're all here for the same cause, but I can't help feeling that the constant alluding to things and not explaining what is meant by the allusion is further muddying the waters and confusing for anybody to read. If people, for whatever reason, can't back up the statements they make on here with a source or link, would it not be best to just not mention it at all? It becomes hearsay, which makes it meaningless. If there is a source or link that can be shared corroborating said information, then please share as I, for one, would love to hear more about it MOO

I would love to say more but best I don't

I've read this thread from beginning to end the past few days (and also majorlangs article and moonsafaris) and there's so many cryptic posts! I applaud your detail and the time you must have put into this research, it's a very noble thing to do and I truly hope it helps in some way towards finding out what happened to Claudia. I hope to not cause offence here, as ultimately we're all here for the same cause, but I can't help feeling that the constant alluding to things and not explaining what is meant by the allusion is further muddying the waters and confusing for anybody to read. If people, for whatever reason, can't back up the statements they make on here with a source or link, would it not be best to just not mention it at all? It becomes hearsay, which makes it meaningless. If there is a source or link that can be shared corroborating said information, then please share as I, for one, would love to hear more about it MOO[/QUOTE]
I completely agree with what you say, My research has given me the benefit to access sources that are credible and cannot be quoted. I have to respect those sources.
I'm sure you are aware why we often have to be cryptic on here as not all viewing posts are here for good reason.
There are some on WS for means of ambulance chasing alone and hence why we are cryptic.
In addition what you have asked me to confirm is also unlikely to offer a motive or means in this case or even bring us nearer to a result.

I've read this thread from beginning to end the past few days (and also majorlangs article and moonsafaris) and there's so many cryptic posts! I applaud your detail and the time you must have put into this research, it's a very noble thing to do and I truly hope it helps in some way towards finding out what happened to Claudia. I hope to not cause offence here, as ultimately we're all here for the same cause, but I can't help feeling that the constant alluding to things and not explaining what is meant by the allusion is further muddying the waters and confusing for anybody to read. If people, for whatever reason, can't back up the statements they make on here with a source or link, would it not be best to just not mention it at all? It becomes hearsay, which makes it meaningless. If there is a source or link that can be shared corroborating said information, then please share as I, for one, would love to hear more about it MOO
I completely agree with what you say, My research has given me the benefit to access sources that are credible and cannot be quoted. I have to respect those sources.
I'm sure you are aware why we often have to be cryptic on here as not all viewing posts are here for good reason.
There are some on WS for means of ambulance chasing alone and hence why we are cryptic.
In addition what you have asked me to confirm is also unlikely to offer a motive or means in this case or even bring us nearer to a result.[/QUOTE]

I understand the need to be cryptic to a certain degree. Websleuths is an excellent forum and there are terms and conditions that must be abided by, unlike other forums like reddit etc where you can basically say what you want. Victim shaming/blaming is absolutely forbidden and a victim covers friends/family not named a suspect or POI in a case, so we must tread carefully in these situations.

I also understand that in your research you have undoubtedly spoken to sources that are close to the case and have acquired some "inside information" that the rest of us are not privy to, and that must be frustrating for you as you can't openly share said information, it's also frustrating for readers, as we can't know if what we are reading is credible or not.

I agree that the info I asked you about probably has no bearing on the case and would not bring us any closer to finding out the truth, but then why mention it at all? This is a formally married man, whose daughter disappeared nearly 11 years ago, who must be suffering immensely, why would alluding to his sexuality have any relevance at all? Unless connected to the case?

I would just like to add incase anybody thinks I am here to derail this thread or defend anyone, that this is not the case at all. I, personally believe that the police most likely know what happened here and just need that extra piece of evidence to push forward. I think the 4 POI were arrested for a reason, and hopefully are living on borrowed time MOO

Does anyone know much about CLs sister? I don’t think I’ve ever seen/read any interviews with her.
Ali has been interviewed several times on tv and in news paper articles .She has young children and I believe rather a private person.
I would suggest we leave her well alone unless of course she decides to post on here .
She lives miles away from York.Bless her

In addition what you have asked me to confirm is also unlikely to offer a motive or means in this case or even bring us nearer to a result.

I understand the need to be cryptic to a certain degree. Websleuths is an excellent forum and there are terms and conditions that must be abided by, unlike other forums like reddit etc where you can basically say what you want. Victim shaming/blaming is absolutely forbidden and a victim covers friends/family not named a suspect or POI in a case, so we must tread carefully in these situations.

I also understand that in your research you have undoubtedly spoken to sources that are close to the case and have acquired some "inside information" that the rest of us are not privy to, and that must be frustrating for you as you can't openly share said information, it's also frustrating for readers, as we can't know if what we are reading is credible or not.

I agree that the info I asked you about probably has no bearing on the case and would not bring us any closer to finding out the truth, but then why mention it at all? This is a formally married man, whose daughter disappeared nearly 11 years ago, who must be suffering immensely, why would alluding to his sexuality have any relevance at all? Unless connected to the case?

I would just like to add incase anybody thinks I am here to derail this thread or defend anyone, that this is not the case at all. I, personally believe that the police most likely know what happened here and just need that extra piece of evidence to push forward. I think the 4 POI were arrested for a reason, and hopefully are living on borrowed time MOO[/QUOTE]
It should go without saying that if any of us come across relevant information to progress this case, there should be no hesitation in passing it to the cold case people in the form of a e mail for example.
Or if need be anonymously through crimestoppers.
I remember years ago ...right at the beginning of this case... police noted that some info that appeared to be important was being put out on the Cl website.
The police urged people to contact them direct.
Why did the police come out with that statement? Did the public loose confidence in them ( police ) ?
Perhaps the public do not really believe that crimestoppers is totally anonymous ?

I would just like to add incase anybody thinks I am here to derail this thread or defend anyone, that this is not the case at all. I, personally believe that the police most likely know what happened here and just need that extra piece of evidence to push forward. I think the 4 POI were arrested for a reason, and hopefully are living on borrowed time MOO
It should go without saying that if any of us come across relevant information to progress this case, there should be no hesitation in passing it to the cold case people in the form of a e mail for example.
I remember years ago ...right at the beginning of this case... police noted that some info that appeared to be important was being put out on the Cl website.
Why did the police come out with that statement? Did the public loose confidence in them ( police ) ?
Perhaps the public do not really believe that crimestoppers is totally anonymous ?[/QUOTE]
I agree, I've been here on websleuths for a while now and while the work done by some of the sleuths here is phenomenal, we also have to be careful of what is said in open forums such as this, as it could potentially hinder a case.

I also agree that faith in the police has been lost, but it's hardly surprising really is it... Galloway strongly favoured that she set off for work, and Malyn that it probably happened overnight. 11 years (almost) later and still no Claudia or explanation for what happened to her. I hold out hope that the police do know what happened to her and are just waiting for that one key piece that puts it all together.

As for certain friends and whether or not they are "in the know" I have no idea. It's possible for people to be in long term relationships and have no clue their significant other was involved, it's happened many times in the past. I would hope that if they do know, that their conscience would eat away at them and they would come forward with what they know. MOO

Perhaps the public do not really believe that crimestoppers is totally anonymous ?
I agree, I've been here on websleuths for a while now and while the work done by some of the sleuths here is phenomenal, we also have to be careful of what is said in open forums such as this, as it could potentially hinder a case.

I also agree that faith in the police has been lost, but it's hardly surprising really is it... Galloway strongly favoured that she set off for work, and Malyn that it probably happened overnight. 11 years (almost) later and still no Claudia or explanation for what happened to her. I hold out hope that the police do know what happened to her and are just waiting for that one key piece that puts it all together.

As for certain friends and whether or not they are "in the know" I have no idea. It's possible for people to be in long term relationships and have no clue their significant other was involved, it's happened many times in the past. I would hope that if they do know, that their conscience would eat away at them and they would come forward with what they know. MOO[/QUOTE]
I believe Malyn implied that it COULD have happened overnight but where would her chefs white etc come in ?
IMO she set off as she said she was going to do.But someone offered her a lift and she came to harm in his car .
It is possible he returned to her place to retrieve incriminating objects.He could have left cl in his boot.He would have delved into her bag to fetch the keys .Could have easily decided then to simply take her bag into the house with him .He had hours to think what to do .At some point the phone rings he turns it off.
Then kept driving to God knows where.

As for certain friends and whether or not they are "in the know" I have no idea. It's possible for people to be in long term relationships and have no clue their significant other was involved, it's happened many times in the past. I would hope that if they do know, that their conscience would eat away at them and they would come forward with what they know. MOO
I believe Malyn implied that it COULD have happened overnight but where would her chefs white etc come in ?
IMO she set off as she said she was going to do.But someone offered her a lift and she came to harm in his car .
It is possible he returned to her place to retrieve incriminating objects.He could have left cl in his boot.He would have delved into her bag to fetch the keys .Could have easily decided then to simply take her bag into the house with him .He had hours to think what to do .At some point the phone rings he turns it off.
Then kept driving to God knows where.[/QUOTE]
Absolutely possible, but do you have any idea who this mystery lift was from? Do you believe she got into the focus? I tend to believe that it either happened overnight or she got into that focus for a lift in the morning. I can't fathom that she set off on foot and wasn't captured by any of the CCTV, it just seems too convenient. Am I right in thinking there was CCTV whether she turned left or right out of her house? And then the private CCTV across the road... surely that must have captured something from that evening/morning?

Then kept driving to God knows where.
Absolutely possible, but do you have any idea who this mystery lift was from? Do you believe she got into the focus? I tend to believe that it either happened overnight or she got into that focus for a lift in the morning. I can't fathom that she set off on foot and wasn't captured by any of the CCTV, it just seems too convenient. Am I right in thinking there was CCTV whether she turned left or right out of her house? And then the private CCTV across the road... surely that must have captured something from that evening/morning?[/QUOTE]
As I understand if she turned left she would have been caught by the cctv that caught the ‘light’ man.Now as I understand it if she turned right the cost cutters cctv would ...eventually have caught her but there is some distance plenty of space I believe for a car to stop and pick her up . Including the Ford Focus

Absolutely possible, but do you have any idea who this mystery lift was from? Do you believe she got into the focus? I tend to believe that it either happened overnight or she got into that focus for a lift in the morning. I can't fathom that she set off on foot and wasn't captured by any of the CCTV, it just seems too convenient. Am I right in thinking there was CCTV whether she turned left or right out of her house? And then the private CCTV across the road... surely that must have captured something from that evening/morning?
As I understand if she turned left she would have been caught by the cctv that caught the ‘light’ man.Now as I understand it if she turned right the cost cutters cctv would ...eventually have caught her but there is some distance plenty of space I believe for a car to stop and pick her up . Including the Ford Focus[/QUOTE]
It's baffling, I hope we get to find out eventually what happened to her. So would she typically have turned right out of her house to walk to work? Do you mind me asking what you think happened? I know from previous posts I believe you think the mystery BF is the key? Do you feel the 4 POI have nothing to do with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay