UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well someone just put on Twitter it's behind his friend's house, which just isn't helpful at all!!:tantrum:

Followed this case from day one, really really hope this is it for Claudia's friends and family.

I was chatting to someone a few months ago who used to work at the Nags Head and he said a lot of people were interviewed at the time, including several men who worked together at a large business in York, who weren't suspected of the actual murder but of covering up what they knew, so it's quite possible that this could be the same again, but haven't the police said that this man has been arrested on suspicion of murder rather than related charges?

It's actually quite refreshing to see that the man hasn't been named online yet. The police have asked that he not be as it could affect the investigation.

I wonder if this is a case of loyalties changing over the 6 yrs and people coming forward after the cctv was released who wouldn't have done in the past.

oh and the press are all over Claudia's street again this morning according to the bread man at my local shop earlier today. we do love our local gossip round here. police presence isn't anything unusual in my area but it's usually druggies.

https://uk.pinterest.com/Yelhsa6009/claudia-lawrence/

No wonder the police are asking the press and social media users not to name the suspect - seems like a whole bunch of people may be involved and covering things up. The police have already said they know that people have been lying to them.

What the biscuit is that Pinterest user on about???? I have no clue what he is rambling on about.

I think the police know/suspect who killed Claudia but have no firm evidence and maybe are using pressure tactics on those they think might be involved in the cover up. Even this being in the press so much recently and the police actively keeping it there is a pressure tactic in itself. A friend of mine lives near Glasgow in a small town a murder was committed there and the whole town knew about it for years but the police just couldnt prosecute through lack of evidence.

6 years is a long time to keep allegiances for something of this nature so it could be yorkiegal.

So how does it work in the UK legal system? Did the police need any evidence to arrest the man on suspicion of murder? What kind / how compelling?

I am asking because I also wonder what evidence they had to arrest the other guy last year, only to let him go.

I think the police know/suspect who killed Claudia but have no firm evidence and maybe are using pressure tactics on those they think might be involved in the cover up. Even this being in the press so much recently and the police actively keeping it there is a pressure tactic in itself. A friend of mine lives near Glasgow in a small town a murder was committed there and the whole town knew about it for years but the police just couldnt prosecute through lack of evidence.

6 years is a long time to keep allegiances for something of this nature so it could be yorkiegal.

Yes, same here in our local area a girl Claire Tiltman murdered and everyone in local area knew who had done this horrific killing but it took over 20 years to ring this 'thing' to justice, both her parents had died before that happened :(

Was the house that was searched his actual home address. Many new papers are stating it's a property linked to his arrest? Just a play on words?

I was still looking at almost 3am lol I believe I found the cul de sac, with 10 houses or 5 as it looks from above as they are semi detached. The small cul de sac just isn't on streetview!!! Can't drive down it to see the house. It's called Oakland Drive. And the brown garage door of the house at the entrance to the cul de sac, it's what made me think BINGO! I swear that is where I saw the police vans parked in the photo posted by the BBC producer on twitter, before it was swiftly deleted. I'm 99% sure this is it.

I was still looking at almost 3am lol I believe I found the cul de sac, with 10 houses or 5 as it looks from above as they are semi detached. The small cul de sac just isn't on streetview!!! Can't drive down it to see the house. It's called Oakland Drive. And the brown garage door of the house at the entrance to the cul de sac, it's what made me think BINGO! I swear that is where I saw the police vans parked in the photo posted by the BBC producer on twitter, before it was swiftly deleted. I'm 99% sure this is it.
I looked at oakland drive but only from aerial view, as because as you say you can't get down there. The bit of a house which you can see does match the style. However from above I can't see (although view is grainy) a property which has, the tree, detached garage, is relatively on the road front, has a manhole cover in front garden and has a building close behind which is similar to that seen in the most used photo. Admittedly I had not seen the picture which was pulled so you may well be right

Bing maps has a clearer overhead view which can be manipulated.

If that's the right street it must be one of the left hand of each pair of houses and not the first 2 moving from the left as they have the wrong kind of front door. If the numbering goes round in a clockwise direction that leaves 5,7 and 9.

Do you agree?

Tada! and BINGO!

LA63tE.png

House photo from this LINK

You can see some of the house fronts on property websites.

I think house numbers might be consecutive, it being a small cul de sac but I'm very mindful of police advice.

Hi all. Yeah you cans see from bing maps that that is the house 100%. well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamadeadhead