Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's only out on bail.

I hope this is the right person, but I'm not overly optimistic, especially given the refusal to release identifying info.

Arrrgghhhh. Why do they release murder suspects?!??! I have never understood this....

I do sincerely hope we're not back to square one.

You can't hold someone unless there is evidence, even if they are suspected of foul play in a murder inquiry.. Guess we are back to waiting for a break in this case again.

Or more likely not enough evidence to convince anyone to extend the time allowed

The Daily Mail writes a Police spokesperson said his release was "To allow detectives time to follow further lines of enquiries".
So hopefully he has provided some relevant information. :thinking:

The Daily Mail writes a Police spokesperson said his release was "To allow detectives time to follow further lines of enquiries".
So hopefully he has provided some relevant information. :thinking:
Which either means he's given them something to work with. Or its their way if saying they are back to square one

Americans might find this all very confusing because we have nothing similar to Police Bail. (Any Britts out there please correct me if I am wrong). Police Bail does not require an arrest nor does it require the posting of a bond. It is just a requirement that someone who is considered a POI in an investigation, keep Law Enforcement posted of their whereabouts.

In the two UK cases I have followed where Police Bail was applied to POI's, they both turned out to be completely uninvolved and I didn't see much in the way evidence against them in the first. Place. Some posters, presumably Britts, downplayed the significance of it. As in the US, if they have real evidence, they make an arrest.

Americans might find this all very confusing because we have nothing similar to Police Bail. (Any Britts out there please correct me if I am wrong). Police Bail does not require an arrest nor does it require the posting of a bond. It is just a requirement that someone who is considered a POI in an investigation, keep Law Enforcement posted of their whereabouts.

In the two UK cases I have followed where Police Bail was applied to POI's, they both turned out to be completely uninvolved and I didn't see much in the way evidence against them in the first. Place. Some posters, presumably Britts, downplayed the significance of it. As in the US, if they have real evidence, they make an arrest.
Good post although if the Police have enough evidence that the CPS (Crown prosecution Service)feel a conviction can be gained then an individual will be charged. Until that point a person can be released at any point

I wonder if google maps were asked by police to stop showing the street view of Oakland Drive? They seem to show every other cul de sac!

I wonder if google maps were asked by police to stop showing the street view of Oakland Drive? They seem to show every other cul de sac!
Doubt it.

There are lots of reasons places don't appear on Street view. The Daily Mail whipped up a frenzy of paranoia a few years ago convincing people that burglars would use it to target properties. That resulted in people blocking the road to stop the Google cars entering and filming. The entrance could have been blocked by a car or lorry or simply missed (it's not obviously a cul-de-sac entrance its very narrow).

The area where I live is a rabbit Warren of cul de sacs and dead ends. There are a number of these which don't feature on street view as they are either not obviously a road/houses or they were missed due to the complexity of the layouts of the area

Just been flitting around t'interweb and picked up some info I'd not heard before - the rumour that Claudia had been seeing a married policeman.
Would kinda make a lot of sense if it were true.

I think this was first raised in a book that was published about her disappearance but iirc that theory was never proven

I think this was first raised in a book that was published about her disappearance but iirc that theory was never proven

The police may never have known who he was, it could have just been a throwaway comment Claudia made to a friend. And because that person never came forward, and the friend had no reason to lie or believe Claudia lied about it, the statement "we know people have lied to us" might have been aimed right at him.

Oh I agree totally. Was just saying I'm not sure that it was ever proven that there was a policeman TO come forward,not that he doesn't exist :)

I just don't know what to believe any more. Been reading all that claptrap from Ballard or whatever his/her name is. Come to think of it are there 2 cranks claiming to be "in touch" with Claudia, or are Ballard and Rodney the same person? Not that it matters. Still makes interesting/carcrash reading when nothing else is going on though...

He/she/they are blatant fruit and nutters but actually some of the things they say would kinda make sense if they were raised by a more rational person (not the whole bed being snuck out down a fire escape but people knowing more than they are letting on etc)

I believe she led two very completely different lives -that of the one her parents knew about and a other more complex dynamic one which unfortunately I do think played a part in her demise. I believe that this complexity being released so soon by the police led to a lot of people not coming forward or wanting to be associated with the perceived sordidity of some of the goings on mentioned. There was a lot of stories in the press saying how she purportedly targeted married older men, approached couples for swinging etc which kind of led to the feeling that she almost deserved what had happened to her... quite sad how people are quick to judge others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018