UK UK - Claudia Lawrence, 35, York University, 18 March 2009 - Chef - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's the case what on earth does the one have on the others that no-one has broken ranks during all these years?

They must all be very cold hearted to have kept that secret from those around them

Because they were all cheating on their wives with her, and don't want to blow their family lives out of the water? Maybe. Perhaps two of them didn't do anything to her, but had suspicions the other did. Perhaps the police arrested all 3 because something didn't add up, and they basically need to scare them into telling the real story.

Interesting article, Alyce. So all 4 arrested in the last few weeks know each other, well enough to have put a sweepstake on who would be arrested next?!

Interesting tactic to arrest all three at once. Divide and conquer. Classic prisoner's dilemma situation.

'Running a sweepstake'. This may just be bravado but it is disrespectful towards CL and rather callous.

Very true. But it does suggest to me that 3 out of 4 of them didn't do it AND didn't believe any of the others did either.

I bloody well hope the police are on to something here, and not just using scare tactics on everyone to try and get info. It's at least 7 men now who have been arrested, and countless others have been interrogated informally. I hope they're not just clutching at straws...

I don't have very positive thoughts after reading that article I have to say. Would a guilty person be so blasé about the whole thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't have very positive thoughts after reading that article I have to say. Would a guilty person be so blasé about the whole thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me neither. We don't know what the context was though, the sweepstake thing could have been a throw away comment in the pub which has been exaggerated by the press - and us! It's the fact they keep arresting people for MURDER that's getting me. Are the police just trying to frighten them into spilling that one bit of detail they hadn't mentioned before? We should hear something this evening, hope so anyway...

The close friend of Claudia who is the partner of one of those arrested has rather naively updated her facebook photo to include a photo of her with him, which the press are bound to get hold of. Btw I found his name by taking the clues of a property developer and partner of one of claudia's best friends, googled claudia lawrence friends and found an old article about how they had been hounded with abuse on facebook, then looked the names up on facebook and her page has several posts on it yesterday offering support and mentioning that she's had to go stay with family.

The close friend of Claudia who is the partner of one of those arrested has rather naively updated her facebook photo to include a photo of her with him, which the press are bound to get hold of. Btw I found his name by taking the clues of a property developer and partner of one of claudia's best friends, googled claudia lawrence friends and found an old article about how they had been hounded with abuse on facebook, then looked the names up on facebook and her page has several posts on it yesterday offering support and mentioning that she's had to go stay with family.

I did the same, YG. At first, because of comments on her group photo, I thought it can't have been her partner who was arrested. But since then there's been a comment suggesting she's had to go away from home. I think he's the one with the brother. So who is number 3?

I did the same, YG. At first, because of comments on her group photo, I thought it can't have been her partner who was arrested. But since then there's been a comment suggesting she's had to go away from home. I think he's the one with the brother. So who is number 3?
I was trying to work out which one he was (brother or property developer) but was being hesitant because of naming blanket. I think further posts need to be carefully worded..

I was trying to work out which one he was (brother or property developer) but was being hesitant because of naming blanket. I think further posts need to be carefully worded..

Yes, it was a rhetorical question. Please don't anyone blurt names out!

Yes, it was a rhetorical question. Please don't anyone blurt names out!
I wasn't going to.. I was merely saying in my last reply that I was trying to work out how to ask which one he was without making it blatantly obvious who I was talking about.

I wasn't going to.. I was merely saying in my last reply that I was trying to work out how to ask which one he was without making it blatantly obvious who I was talking about.

I know you weren't going to, I was concerned someone else might take my "who is no3?" question literally.

I am slightly confused though. Where does the law stand with naming a suspect? I'm sure normally names are released as soon as an arrest is made, or is it once they've been charged? Or is there no set rule and it's up to the individual case and whichever police force is handling it?

EDIT they named Snelling when he got arrested on the same charge last year, so why not now?

I know you weren't going to, I was concerned someone else might take my "who is no3?" question literally.

I am slightly confused though. Where does the law stand with naming a suspect? I'm sure normally names are released as soon as an arrest is made, or is it once they've been charged? Or is there no set rule and it's up to the individual case and whichever police force is handling it?

EDIT they named Snelling when he got arrested on the same charge last year, so why not now?

They probably don't want to make the same mistake twice.....Naming Snelling =naming an innocent man.......maybe that it the reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleutherine